Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

I'm thinking Anthony Fasano could be in for a big week.

Bowe is gimpy but should still draw Haden. Donny "Average" Avery is meh ... Moeaki is done for the year, Beard McGrath sucks, Alex Smith can't throw the ball farther than 15 yards ... and somehow, the Kansas City Chiefs are the best team in the NFL. Just got their starting TE back last week, and he did well.

Smells like a lot of opportunity.

- Signed,

A week too early, Tim Wright starter last week, benched him for Fasano this week.

Should I flex him instead of Ben Tate? I actually already thought of this but you're the ONLY other person who's made a peep about Fasano this week. This would be speculation at its finest, but Tate isn't a sure bet either.

I picked up Fasano weeks ago. And as I said, I am starting him over Tim Wright this week. So, if he doesn't have a big week, I made a mistake. It was so obvious ... people in my league actually picked up McGrath, All the TE's were hurt ... that's why McGrath was even on the radar. Fasano is the only one left. You gotta cover the run game too ... it's just like ... the stars seem all aligned for Fasano.

Coach even said it was good to have him back. Something like, "Besides the running back, 99 percent of the time the closest receiver to the quarterback is the tight end." and that Fasano was important to the offense.

I realize that nobody has been talking about Fasano, I play in a "no trade" league, so it doesn't help me to pimp him, but it also doesn't hurt me to talk about him, after he's on my roster.

I could be wrong ... I've been wrong before ... but he could make a very nice emergency flex, especially in PPR.

I picked up Fasano weeks ago. And as I said, I am starting him over Tim Wright this week. So, if he doesn't have a big week, I made a mistake. It was so obvious ... people in my league actually picked up McGrath, All the TE's were hurt ... that's why McGrath was even on the radar. Fasano is the only one left. You gotta cover the run game too ... it's just like ... the stars seem all aligned for Fasano.

Coach even said it was good to have him back. Something like, "Besides the running back, 99 percent of the time the closest receiver to the quarterback is the tight end." and that Fasano was important to the offense.

I realize that nobody has been talking about Fasano, I play in a "no trade" league, so it doesn't help me to pimp him, but it also doesn't hurt me to talk about him, after he's on my roster.

I could be wrong ... I've been wrong before ... but he could make a very nice emergency flex, especially in PPR.

I see what you're saying, but do you really not think Quarless or Bostick would be better adds with Rodgers throwing them the ball? I dropped Wright 20 minutes before he played Thursday bc I got too nervous to trust him, and I picked up Quarless instead. I think he has some big weeks in store.
  • Like 1

I see what you're saying, but do you really not think Quarless or Bostick would be better adds with Rodgers throwing them the ball? I dropped Wright 20 minutes before he played Thursday bc I got too nervous to trust him, and I picked up Quarless instead. I think he has some big weeks in store.

Ouch. Gonna be hard getting Wright back, but I would try, particularly with Williams hammy issues.

I have Bostick, I picked him up cheap this week. I could potentially start 3 TEs ... so, it's good to have options. I wouldn't start Bostick or Quarless this week ... see what happens first.

Given Tim Wright, Bostick or Fasano, I chose to start Fasano this week. Critical week, hoping my analysis is correct.

Ouch. Gonna be hard getting Wright back, but I would try, particularly with Williams hammy issues.

I have Bostick, I picked him up. I could potentially start 3 TEs ... so, it's good to have options. I wouldn't start Bostick or Quarless this week ... see what happens first.

Given Tim Wright, Bostick or Fasano, I chose to start Fasano this week.

Unfortunately I don't have too many options....really hate I dropped Wright, but that's just hindsight at this point. In my league, I could currently pick up Fasano, Rudolph, Fauria, Bostick. Not gonna lie, at this point I'm deadest on starting Quarless since I shot myself in the foot to pick him up while dropping Wright.

My question is do you think I should start any of the listed TE's in the flex over Golden Tate? P.S. I only have 10 acquisitions left for the season.

Sigh. You only have 10 acquisitions on the year and you blew your load on Quarless?

I would start Fasano over Quarless this week. That may not be what the experts are saying ... but that's what I would do. I drafted Golden Tate and I like him, but I think it's too hard to predict which Seattle WR will have a big week, any given week. See: Saints, Giants, Redskins ... Tate is often a boom or bust guy. I waived him. Let my opponents spend their free agent money to pick up a unpredictable player. He has the same value as Santana Moss.

I think Fasano will have more opportunity this week. I would bet dollars to donuts, he has more targets.

Along those same lines, I have stashed Mario Mannigham and Dennis Pitta.

My league is PPR, with 1.5 PPR for TEs ... so ... your league probably has a different scoring system.

In the future I would suggest that if you have a WR playing TE. and you can plug that WR in your fantasy team as a TE ... don't waive that player. If I were you, I would grab Bostick so you have Quarless/Bostick ... and however that works out it will be good.

Sigh. You only have 10 acquisitions on the year and you blew your load on Quarless?

I would start Fasano over Quarless this week. That may not be what the experts are saying ... but that's what I would do. I drafted Golden Tate and I like him, but I think it's too hard to predict which Seattle WR will have a big week, any given week. See: Saints, Giants, Redskins ... Tate is often a boom or bust guy. I waived him. Let my opponents spend their free agent money to pick up a unpredictable player.

I think Fasano will have more opportunity this week. I would bet dollars to donuts, he has more targets.

Yep sure did. Quarless is an athlete and so is Bostick. Bostick more athletic but Quarless will get the PT. Seems like you may be blowing your load on a dude who gets zero separation and looks like the damn tin man trying to run. Fasano sucks, man. If I was looking for a bye week filler I'd consider him, but I'm looking for somebody to roll with for several weeks to the duration of the season.....especially since I only have those 10 moves left you know..

I like fasano as well. We could be having a totally different coversation if he didnt get stopped at the 1 TWICE last week for 2 tds

I like fasano as well. We could be having a totally different coversation if he didnt get stopped at the 1 TWICE last week for 2 tds

I'm predicting ... either KC loses ... or Fasano has like 8 catches on 11 targets and at least 1 TD.

So you'd be putting him in the same category as Fauria 2 weeks ago...? 30 yds and 3 fluke TDs. He's still a FA in my league, bc nobody buys into 1 week wonders...

So you'd be putting him in the same category as Fauria 2 weeks ago...? 30 yds and 3 fluke TDs. He's still a FA in my league, bc nobody buys into 1 week wonders...

Fauria has been healthy all year and is a rookie. Been a couple TEs in that offense. Hard to predict. Fasano hurt an ankle early, has had zero point weeks because he didn't play. Was the 1 TE on the depth chart the whole time ... and the rookie is already done, Moeaki is gone ... Bowe is a bum. KC had to rely on McGrath! He actually did OK. Fasano came back last week. Almost scored 2 TDs his first week back. Has healed quickly and is looking good.

Look, if you wanna go search your waiver wire for guys based on points ... yeah, everyone knows how to do that. What helps, is to know the whole story. Hopefully this thread helps some people pick up a stud TE that is on nobodys radar. If he sucks this week ... I'm gonna hafta eat some crow. I still think he has value going forward.

Fauria has been healthy all year. Been a couple TEs in that offense. Fasano hurt an ankle early, has had zero point weeks because he didn't play. Was the 1 TE on the depth chart the whole time ... and the rookie is already done, Moeaki is gone ... Bowe is a bum. He came back last week. Almost scored 2 TDs his first week back. Has healed quickly.

Look, if you wanna go search your waiver wire for guys based on points ... yeah, everyone knows how to do that. What helps, is to know the whole story. Hopefully this thread helps some people pick up a stud TE that is on nobodys radar. If he sucks this week ... I'm gonna hafta eat some crow. I still think he has value going forward.

LOL. Oh....you thought I found out by your thread that Fasano is coming back from an injury? LMAO....dude I've known this for weeks. It's just the simple fact that Fasano has NEVER impressed me. He sucked with Miami and he'll suck with the Chiefs. Looks to me like you've already crowned him though.

Listen, you won't teach me anything...especially if you think Tin Man Fasano is a better athlete or TE than Quarless. Let's forget the fact that Quarless has a QB who makes players better. What's really important here is the fact that your boy Fasano will enjoy 5 yard passes from his noodle for an arm QB. You tell me who wins there.

That's the business of prognostication, my friend. As, I said, I picked up Fasano weeks ago because this situation was not hard to predict. He should not be available on your wire. I agree.

I did not bid on Quarless, instead I picked up Bostick. He's obviously in a system that is engineered to put up a lot of passing yards ... and is probably the most athletic healthy receiver they have. That's my big concern with Quarless ... is he will lose, or is going to be sharing his job to/with Bostick.

Quarless, could be a serviceable TE. Fasano already is that. Bostick .... could be a special weapon.

LOL. Oh....you thought I found out by your thread that Fasano is coming back from an injury? LMAO....dude I've known this for weeks. It's just the simple fact that Fasano has NEVER impressed me. He sucked with Miami and he'll suck with the Chiefs. Looks to me like you've already crowned him though.

Listen, you won't teach me anything...especially if you think Tin Man Fasano is a better athlete or TE than Quarless. Let's forget the fact that Quarless has a QB who makes players better. What's really important here is the fact that your boy Fasano will enjoy 5 yard passes from his noodle for an arm QB. You tell me who wins there.

Best 341st post, EVAH?

I got chunks of guys like you in my stool.

That's the business of prognostication, my friend. As, I said, I picked up Fasano weeks ago because this situation was not hard to predict. He should not be available on your wire. I agree.

I did not bid on Quarless, instead I picked up Bostick. He's obviously in a system that is engineered to put up a lot of passing yards ... and is probably the most athletic healthy receiver they have. That's my big concern with Quarless ... is he will lose, or is going to be sharing his job to/with Bostick.

Quarless, could be a serviceable TE. Fasano already is that. Bostick .... could be a special weapon.

Fasano has proven nothing....he is nothing.

I agree that Bostick could be a game changer but he isn't smart and doesn't know the system. Quarless is an all around good TE. He'll see the field while Bostick will he nothing more than a slot receiver playing 10-15 snaps a game max. Right now, Quarless is the one of the three to own based on this discussion. Unless you can give me concrete evidence as to why I should believe differently.

Fasano has proven nothing....he is nothing.

I agree that Bostick could be a game changer but he isn't smart and doesn't know the system. Quarless is an all around good TE. He'll see the field while Bostick will he nothing more than a slot receiver playing 10-15 snaps a game max. Right now, Quarless is the one of the three to own based on this discussion. Unless you can give me concrete evidence as to why I should believe differently.

Wait ... Bostick is gonna see 10-15 snaps as the slot WR ... and you are starting Quarless?

I dunno ... honestly, how the Green Bay WR/TE situation is gonna work out. They have a lot of injuries so ... hard to miss the dartboard there ... but I think Quarless is going to end up pretty far down the list, unless your league scores for blocking.

I like Lacy this week though.

Wait ... Bostick is gonna see 10-15 snaps as the slot WR ... and you are starting Quarless?

I dunno ... honestly, how the Green Bay WR/TE situation is gonna work out. They have a lot of injuries so ... hard to miss the dartboard there ... but I think Quarless is going to end up pretty far down the list, unless your league scores for blocking.

I like Lacy this week though.

10-15 snaps is not a lot, dude.

Let's just talk tomorrow...cool? I'll have a lot less explaining to do then.

10-15 snaps is not a lot, dude.

Let's just talk tomorrow...cool? I'll have a lot less explaining to do then.

Sounds good. I've been here for 15 years. You really think they will use Bostick in the slot though? I mean ... AT ALL?

Like ... some motion plays or sumthin? Please let us in on your secret!

Fasano is not gonna get any slot work. Maybe ... 1-3 snaps, due to motion where he will technically be the slot receiver ... the Chiefs equivalent of a slot receiver ... is Jamal Charles.

Well guess Fasano would be really good value on draftstreet then...

Yeah ... he prolly would be. If I'm right. This week. If he busts out .... secrets out. Price goes up.

for fasano i would say at least 50-60 yds and 50% chance of td. so predicting 6-12 pts standard. as far as quarless/bostick. bostick all the way...quarless is just a guy. but i guess we will have to wait and see...

Sounds good. I've been here for 15 years. You really think they will use Bostick in the slot though? I mean ... AT ALL?

Like ... some motion plays or sumthin? Please let us in on your secret!

Fasano is not gonna get any slot work. Maybe ... 1-3 snaps, due to motion where he will technically be the slot receiver ... the Chiefs equivalent of a slot receiver ... is Jamal Charles.

Ok??? You've been here 15 yrs...big whoop. Btw, no I'm saying Bostick will be TECHNICALLY a slot WR bc he's not a true TE and won't be played like one. He can't block....just very athletic.

Also, I never said Fasano would be used in the slot...are you drunk? All I said was he would suck....something he's very good at.

Isn't he a fullback?

Very low ceiling my friend ... bad start ... if you coulda had Fasano.

Fasano is 1-8 :lol:

He might have already had one "almost touchdown" tho ...

C'mon .... get another in the 2nd half and we are talking 4 "almost TDs" in 2 games.

He might have already had one "almost touchdown" tho ...

C'mon .... get another in the 2nd half and we are talking 4 "almost TDs" in 2 games.

You can't be focking serious. Wait................ your GFIAP, of course your serious

You can't be focking serious. Wait................ your GFIAP, of course your serious

I am Giants Fan .... and stop calling me serious.

... you didn't let me finish. Fasano will have a big week on my waiver wire. Someone will pay too much for him.

Wow.....a lot of good those "14 years here" did you. Friggin know-it-all.....