Sign in to follow this  
Huh?

Crappy Teams, what went wrong?

Staring at another loss and a 2-8 record unless Vincent Jackson, Mike James, and the Dolphins D combine for about 70. For my team, it boils down to 2 major issues.

1. My running backs. After the draft, my RB1, RB2, and RB3 were Spiller, Steven Jackson, and Darren Sproles. I have not had all three of them in my lineup probably since week 2 or whenever Jackson got hurt. I just put Spiller back in this current week after having him on my bench since probably week 4. Sproles hasn't been in my lineup for the past 5 weeks. I've had to go with guys like Willis McGahee, Fred Jackson, Mike James, etc. While those guys have been OK the weeks I've had them in, my team was damaged beyond repair from all those times having one or more of my three bust amigos scoring 2 or 3 points for me.

2. My QBs. Romo and Rivers both had good starts to the season. But, I picked the wrong guy every week. Now I am picking the right guy, but they are both sucking.

So I know I am not the only one with a terrible team here. What went wrong for you?

In a 14-team redraft, I had Doug Martin and Julio Jones go down. Sprinkle in a little Lamar Miller and Ryan Mathews and I'm 2-7.

In a 14 team auction, I grabbed TRich and Lamar Miller to start, Matt Ryan and the helm, and Jared Cook as my breakout beast at TE. 2-6.

In a 10-teamer, I went TRich, D. Wilson, Lamar Miller as my top 3 backs and 3 of my first 5 or 6 picks. Drafted strong at other positions and have made some well timed trades (got rid of all of 3 of them) and am at .500 somehow.

Its like they say, 1st and 2nd round picks won't win you the league, but they can lose it for you.

Julio Jones

Aaron Rogers

Cobb

Bradshaw

WW

Blackmon

None of my drafted WR remain on my roster

Charles and Fred Jackson are the only 2 RB I have left from draft day.

Bad luck. Period. In two different leagues, I'm the highest scoring team or the 2nd highest scoring team, but also have the most point scored against me. Its such BS. The last two weeks I've played the 2 worst teams in the league and they've both had the best games of their season against me. Also in one, the teams I have to play twice are the 1st, 2nd, and 4th place teams.

My QBs have costed me a win it seems like every week. Lost a couple match ups early in the year by less than five points because Kaepernick was atrocious. Rolled with Nick Foles the week he got a concussion and dropped him before he blew up. Now this week I roll with Locker and he gets me negative points. Seriously considering drafting a safer stud qb early next year so I don't have to deal with this bullshit.

Ray Rice, Roddy White, and Randall Cobb doomed me. Alfred Morris has been mediocre, and I just traded McCoy for Rodgers before Rodgers went down.

Bad luck coupled with bad decisions=bad fantasy season.

Only 2 leagues and in my 14-teamer I started off 1-3 and have since rallies to go 5-5. Drafting TRich, CJ2K and Kaepernick in rounds 1, 2 and 5 is what sunk me. I traded for Griffin at his low point though and now have Moreno and Bell in my weekly lineup along with Julius at TE and Cruz / Gordon at receiver so it's trending up but still not really good. I hope to make the playoffs and I'm working the wire like mad.

I started 1-5 with Romo Spiller SJackson DJackson VJackson Decker among others. I traded all but Steven as he was injured and nobody would take him. I won 3 in a row and all hopes this week on James down 24. The opponent has Jackson so ill be 4-6 with 3 to play and 2 behind playoff spot.

About to be 5-5 in my 14 teamer. Waited way too long for a qb in the draft and had to rotate e manning and locker. Traded for rivers this past week and he lays an egg. Definitely drafting a qb in the first two rounds next year

I should have learned from last year that the NFL is not for long as I continued to draft RB's early in a passing league. Lost it in my first three picks : Trent, MJD, Roddy White and my QB's Ryan and Vick. It didn't help in a 12 man league I have the most points scored against me but I have rallied a little with a few good WW pick ups like Keenan Allen.

Staring at another loss and a 2-8 record unless Vincent Jackson, Mike James, and the Dolphins D combine for about 70. For my team, it boils down to 2 major issues.

1. My running backs. After the draft, my RB1, RB2, and RB3 were Spiller, Steven Jackson, and Darren Sproles. I have not had all three of them in my lineup probably since week 2 or whenever Jackson got hurt. I just put Spiller back in this current week after having him on my bench since probably week 4. Sproles hasn't been in my lineup for the past 5 weeks. I've had to go with guys like Willis McGahee, Fred Jackson, Mike James, etc. While those guys have been OK the weeks I've had them in, my team was damaged beyond repair from all those times having one or more of my three bust amigos scoring 2 or 3 points for me.

2. My QBs. Romo and Rivers both had good starts to the season. But, I picked the wrong guy every week. Now I am picking the right guy, but they are both sucking.

So I know I am not the only one with a terrible team here. What went wrong for you?

I seem to have just as bad a RB situation as you or worse . The first two I drafted was SJax and DMC, enough said . Acquired Lamar Miller in a trade, which is not much of an upgrade . I lucked out on the ww with Zac Stacy and Pierre Thomas having a good season . Being in a PPR, I made Megatron my first pick and later got Andre Johnson, so I benefited from their monster games recently, also picked up Keenan Allen, so they have been making up for my RB situation . My lowest point of the season was at 2-4 (wk.6) but have gone on a 4 game tear after this week and am at 6-4, so don't lose hope .

Let me just tell you. This cant be topped. These are players I have rostered this year.QB Kap, Vick, Manuel, (Foles-dropped him after 1 week....his crappy game) RB Martin, Trich, Wilson, Miller, M James-yes, A. Brown, look out, I picked him up last week. WR J. Jones, H Nicks, Givens, Wheaton TE Finley, Rudolph. Bears D. Thought I had one of my best drafts ever.

Spiller, Julio, Amendola, MJD, Mathews all on one team.

Other league....Believing Arian Foster would stay healthy.

I have one crappy team out of three teams this year. I drafted poorly such that I was weak at WR in a 3WR league. Also I took a QB too early and compounded the mistake by selecting Brady as said QB (it's a fun league so I let the fan in me make that choice). Then it went downhill from there with Julio getting hurt. Basically my QB and WR spots ended up being massive voids for much of the season.

End result is a 3-7 record thus far.

Where do I begin?

TRich has played with a dirty diaper all season.

Roddy tried to keep his games started streak alive by playing decoy, then hurts himself more and sits out.

SJax gets hurt early and does his best TRich impression when he comes back.

Rodgers has a fat man land on his shoulder.

Blackmon throws his career away.

Spiller gets outplayed by a geriatric, then gets hurt.

Cameron has played with 20 different QBs.

Megatron has a bye week, sits out one and is ineffective in another (3 losses).

Broncos inconsistent DST.

Pick up TEN DST for Broncos bye and they let JAX put up video game numbers.

Playing against Peyton's team twice.

Kansas City DST outscores a third of my team one week.

With all that, I'm 4-6 and unbelievably still in the playoff hunt. There is a 9-1 team, a 6-4 team and five 5-5 teams ahead of me. With the bad luck I've had to start the season, fantasy football logic dictates that I will win the championship.

Cj Spiller

David Wilson

Lamar Miller

Matt Ryan

(had all these guys in the first 6 rounds)

Michael Vick

Having Fred Jackson as well and never playing the correct one between him and Spiller

Jordan Cameron's inconsistency

When you think of garbage, think of Hakeem Nicks

ITS BEEN ROUGH I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT

Two Letters, One Word: C.J.Spiller

I suppose watching my bench go off week after week, while my starters fling poop deserves an honorable mention as well.