Sign in to follow this  
DonkeyPunch55

Drop Spiller for Andre Brown?

Thoughts? Alternatively, I also have Vereen stashed away, but I understand he should be due back soon.

My other RB's are D. Murray, L' Bell, F. Jackson.

I can only keep 5.

Tough decision since he was my 1st round pick and the potential he has, but he has out right killed me this year. I bench him he does okay and vice verse when I play him. He's got the Jets and bye on the horizon too.

If you are in a standard league I would drop Vereen for Brown i just think Spiller is going to be huge in the playoffs. He is going to come back healthy after the bye week.

There's a reason Andre Brown had 30 touches last week. I'm no Giants fan, but any of them will tell you Tom Coughlin DETESTS running backs who turn the ball over, and Hillis had a huge cough up deep in his own red zone. The power running back in the Giants offense has always had a big role, and there is significant opportunity there for Andre Brown to seize if he can hold up.

I will undoubtedly be in the minority, but right now I'd take Brown over any of your other RB's.

I'm in a similar situation. I have Vereen stashed away and I'm considering dropping him and picking up brown using my #1 waiver position. I play in a 1.0 ppr league. Who is more valuable do you think, Vereen or brown?

Drop Vereen and don't think twice about it. The potential Spiller has for the playoffs is not something that should be left on the waiver wire.

why wouldn't you package one of these guys and another player and try to pick up brown and/or make a trade - drop your kicker for a few days and see if you can upgrade your lineup

Just dropped Mike James and picked up Vereen. I like his combination of speed and the fact he's 205-210 lbs. Good opportunity with a top tier QB, which cannot be overstated enough. Man it's really tough to see James go down. Stashed him early on my taxi squad and had high hopes after the Seattle game. Haven't been this disappointed by a player getting hurt since Carson Palmer back in 2005.