Sign in to follow this  
Redzonehog

League members adding/dropping when they are out of playoffs.

Oh I thought this guy got banned or just quit. Haven't seen this guy's trolling for awhile. Great stuff, keep it up man.

Your words, dooshbag

And just like I already explained, I was putting myself in the shoes of ANYONE that may happen to. Know the facts or shut your polesmoker...

Taking your opinion as a given, then it's your fault for not proposing they shut off add/drops for those teams come week 13. If they did not pass your proposal or you just didn't know non-playoff teams could add/drop to try and win the consolation bracket, then it's your fault for joining and you have nothing to complain about now.

Holy . How many times do I have to explain I am WONDERING IF THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED IN THE FUTURE?????

The only issue the OP did wrong was not setting up this rule prior to the season/playoffs. Its too late now and the non playoff teams get to do transactions since the rule wasn't set up prior. My advice to the OP is simply make the rule effective in 2014.

We agree on this point and really that's all that matters for the purpose of this thread. If you want to toss out garbage like "first grader's league" and so forth, well that's your prerogative but it really has nothing to do with anything.

Once I am done and I can not win any money and there is absolutely nothing to play for except a stupid meaningless win then I am in shut down mode for the rest of the year. If I am still alive and somebody who is not is just being a d!ck then I will make it my mission for the next year to screw that person (as long as it does not impact my own standings). I will tank matches just to screw that person. I will trade to benefit anybody that can screw that person. It's not my fault you did a poor job during the season and now you want to be nothing more that just being a pain. If it's a free non money league then whatever.

Just my two pennies

Clearly, less than "95%" don't see things my way. To whoever claimed that....take a look at this guy's post and the ones of others who have clearly been playing FF for a long time. Unlike several of the noobs here who think it's ok to SUCK all season long, then at the end of the year when it's time for the WINNERS to care, they want to give it one last shot....total BS.

1. If you are really that much in need of Edelman..you shouldn't be in the playoffs anyway.

2. You should be happy this guy is trying. What if you were in contention for the last playoff spot and this guy was playing another playoff contender? Would you want him to leave in guys who have been demoted or injured instead of picking someone up? I'm dealing with the opposite in my league. I've got 2-3 teams who have stopped trying and one who dropped all his players out of frustration. I had to lock his team and revert all those moves so he could field a full team. Its one of our league bylaws that you must keep playing until the very end.

Dude. Go back and read the whole thread. I'm tired of repeating things I've already explained 2-3 times now. Both points 1 and 2 in your post are null and void, thanks for playing...

Why would an eliminated team, who's season is over need to add/drop? They have no game to play. That's stupid and makes zero sense.

In most leagues, once the regular season is over and we get into post season play you either A. do not make the playoffs or B. lose in the playoffs and your season is over. Over as in over as in done as in finished as in The.End.

Do you guys have a team that gets elimnated (not mathmatically but for real) and do not have a game to play yet still want to make transactions? Why exactly? :crazyeyes:

A playoff is a method of attrition. Once you get kicked off the island you go home and lick your wounds. You are out of it and discontinue having any effect on the rest of the playoffs. That's sort of the purpose of it all.

No need to try and explain things to worms. He's all about senseless thought processes to begin with. Don't expect the kid to do a 180 now....

No you're the whiny little jackass crying because you didn't plan ahead.

I'm in the playoffs with a dominant team. Go back and read where named my WRs, and then tell me I didn't plan ahead, focktard.

RZH - Your first sentence says you want opinions on a situation that's playing out in your league. Many people have shared their opinion and the response is overwhelmingly in support of every team continuing to play hard until the bitter end, using all resources available to them. Only a small percentage of responders have supported your position, namely those teams eliminated from playoff contention be banned from making further transactions. You have your answer, even if you don't like it - the four-win last place team in your league did well to pick up Julien Edelman for his consolation game this week.

You're wrong. Go back and read.

Well said. :thumbsup:

I'd like to add that the whole debate is beside the point anyway. Even if it is a good idea to lock eliminated teams out of making transactions, that is not the rule in the OP's league. Change the rule after this season but you can't go around making up sh!t ad hoc.

I play in one league where they lock transactions for eliminated teams. Personally I think it's stupid but at least I know the rule before the season starts and if I want to leave that league, I can.

Omg. Are you inbred, or what???? Seriously kid....how many times do I have to say something in advance for you to stop making MOOT points? My question WAS for next season. Go take a damn nap.

I didn't make up how common sense and logical tournaments work. That has been around for a long time. It goes from 8 to 4 to 2 to yes 1. That's how it works. Its not "all the sudden" its when the regular season ends and the playoffs begins. Playoffs are different than the regular season.

It's ludicrous that the teams still winning (in a tournament) get preferential treatment? Should they not win prizes and money either? Maybe we should give everybody a trophy at the end of the year?

What's ludicrous is tying to argue that once your season is over that, well it's really not. You're just half dead. You should name your league The Walking Dead First Grader League. Because when your season is over, it's not really, and everybody gets a participation and pride trophy.

LMFAO!!!! Game, set, match.

Listen, leagues can do whatever they want if all the members like it. If a league wants to give kickers 50 points for FG's then so be it. Doesn't mean people won't think that is sorta odd and makes no sense though. But knock yourselves out. Similar if you want teams who's season is over to affect the rest of the playoffs then go for it. It flies in the face of how "tournaments" normally operate but go for it if your league likes it. :dunno:

The only issue the OP did wrong was not setting up this rule prior to the season/playoffs. Its too late now and the non playoff teams get to do transactions since the rule wasn't set up prior. My advice to the OP is simply make the rule effective in 2014.

I should also clarify, the only thing I really did wrong was not knowing people like worms and a few others would end up with their panties so far up their bums because I asked a simple question.

And again, I was only asking because I wanted to know whether our league should make a change for next year. This is not likely to effect me at all right now, but if I don't address the situation while it's happening, I'll forget to.

All in all though, I appreciate your legit feedback and common sense...even if you hadn't agreed with me.

Oh I thought this guy got banned or just quit. Haven't seen this guy's trolling for awhile. Great stuff, keep it up man.

Trolling.....my own post....yeah....you got it.

We agree on this point and really that's all that matters for the purpose of this thread. If you want to toss out garbage like "first grader's league" and so forth, well that's your prerogative but it really has nothing to do with anything.

Go back and read, moron. You've yet to make a "point".

A number of people have given you entirely valid reasons why the waiver wire should stay open to everybody, even those who have been eliminated from championship contention.

My main league, a group of friends from my hometown, was established in 1990; it has fourteen teams and we split our significant pot two ways - 60% goes to "Points Accumulated - Season" and 40% to the "playoff participants" (8 teams qualify). In short, we pay six places for top scorers AND anybody reaching the semi-finals of the playoffs gets a payout. Our platform continues to calculate scoring for everybody (including playoff non-qualifiers) through the end of the playoffs (= NFL Regular Season).

You might think the top scorers would all be represented in the eight playoff teams, but considering fantasy football is at least 50% LUCK, that'd be incorrect. THREE of the TOP SIX scoring teams in our league did not qualify for the playoffs. Obviously they're still making waiver wire moves, since there's pride and money at stake! With a 24 year league history, we keep track of championships won, points scored - all time, etc. It's a big deal to us...

Just wanted some opinions on this....there is a guy in my league who finished dead last with only 4 wins. The regular season is over, and the only games left for him are in the "consolation bracket".

My concern is that last night he dropped DHB for Edelman. What is the point in this? There are only 4 playoff teams and one of us could have possibly used Edelman. I asked the commissioner (who happens to be playing me in the first round), and he told me he thinks it's good he's still making moves. For what it's worth, I am projected to slaughter him this week. I completely disagree with his stance here....if a WR goes down this week and I make it to the championship, I'll be pissed if I can't pick up Edelman because he was added by a team that has no reason to add him. Another scenario could be that one of my WRs are declared inactive this week before the games start and Edelman would have been an option there too, but now he's not. Thoughts?

This post was moronic from the start. What was the point? Anyone with a low level IQ should already know the answer. There's a consolation bracket so the guy is setting his lineup for his matchup... and wanted Edelman instead of DHB.

If you don't like people in the consolation bracket keeping players from playoff teams, then you don't like it. You should propose to prohibit those teams. Or if you can follow your own logic, propose to eliminate the consolation bracket.

All of this was said on page 1 although it didn't even need saying.

Hey bud, scroll up and see the original replies. I had no problem with the differing opinions, it's the people who act like bags o' dicks just to piss people off instead of answering the damn question at hand.

As obvious as you may think the answer to your question is, others (including myself and the majority of those who've responded) think the opposing viewpoint is equally obvious. Sometimes when one asks a stupid question, the answers are equally stupid.

Can you not acknowledge that the presence of a consolation bracket, personal pride and or being a spoiler are possibly legitimate reasons why non-playoff teams remain active?

A number of people have given you entirely valid reasons why the waiver wire should stay open to everybody, even those who have been eliminated from championship contention.

My main league, a group of friends from my hometown, was established in 1990; it has fourteen teams and we split our significant pot two ways - 60% goes to "Points Accumulated - Season" and 40% to the "playoff participants" (8 teams qualify). In short, we pay six places for top scorers AND anybody reaching the semi-finals of the playoffs gets a payout. Our platform continues to calculate scoring for everybody (including playoff non-qualifiers) through the end of the playoffs (= NFL Regular Season).

You might think the top scorers would all be represented in the eight playoff teams, but considering fantasy football is at least 50% LUCK, that'd be incorrect. THREE of the TOP SIX scoring teams in our league did not qualify for the playoffs. Obviously they're still making waiver wire moves, since there's pride and money at stake! With a 24 year league history, we keep track of championships won, points scored - all time, etc. It's a big deal to us...

Ok? Cool story....winner takes all in this league...

This post was moronic from the start. What was the point? Anyone with a low level IQ should already know the answer. There's a consolation bracket so the guy is setting his lineup for his matchup... and wanted Edelman instead of DHB.

If you don't like people in the consolation bracket keeping players from playoff teams, then you don't like it. You should propose to prohibit those teams. Or if you can follow your own logic, propose to eliminate the consolation bracket.

All of this was said on page 1 although it didn't even need saying.

Yeah, THAT makes a ton of sense! Let's kick the guys out of the league who have been here for 8-10 years because they are doing something that they have never been told not to. Dumbass. Don't talk to me about logic. Mine clearly makes more sense than yours, and you just proved it.

Haha so true...was just thinking the same thing. Admins need to close this fockin thread at this point.

I mean, yeah, I generally speak when I'm spoken to. I'm sorry...let's redo this. Do I have your permission to speak in the thread I created???

Redonedog, I think it's time to stop. A lot of people are just wired differently. I don't get it nor do I want to get it. Nobody in any of my two big money leagues would even consider doing this with big money at stake. I guess I don't understand the selfishness of somebody with NOTHING to gain to stand in the way of others with everything to gain. When playing for money it's all about the money. Playing for 7th place just to feel good because you stunk it up is for suckers.

Just my two pennies

Redonedog, I think it's time to stop. A lot of people are just wired differently. I don't get it nor do I want to get it. Nobody in any of my two big money leagues would even consider doing this with big money at stake. I guess I don't understand the selfishness of somebody with NOTHING to gain to stand in the way of others with everything to gain. When playing for money it's all about the money. Playing for 7th place just to feel good because you stunk it up is for suckers.

Just my two pennies

Right. Some people, even when there is a monetary prize, play fantasy football for more than just "big money". It may seem silly to you, though I'll argue the whole pastime, including gambling substantial cash on it is pretty silly. But we still choose to play, for many reasons.

It is selfish to deny someone the enjoyment of playing out their season just because playoff contenders have a prize at stake. They paid a league entry fee just like the contenders, and have games which remain on their schedule (the consolation bracket - what is the consolation?).

And the OP is FOS when he says the post is mainly for next season, as he makes a point how the pick up of Edelman would make him angry should one of his receivers be injured/inactivated this year. I think he realized he came out whiney, and doesn't want to admit it nor aknowledge any validity to opposing viewpoints - even though he solicited them.

Christ, his own commissioner already gave a similar opinion to most of repondents here when this "issue" first reared its ugly head. Rather than repeatedly dismissing and/or insulting others, someone with insight might realize the possibility that there may be more than one valid opinion on the subject.

Well said. :thumbsup:

I'd like to add that the whole debate is beside the point anyway. Even if it is a good idea to lock eliminated teams out of making transactions, that is not the rule in the OP's league. Change the rule after this season but you can't go around making up sh!t ad hoc.

I play in one league where they lock transactions for eliminated teams. Personally I think it's stupid but at least I know the rule before the season starts and if I want to leave that league, I can.

This. Whatever the rule is currently in the league is what overrule's what the OP's opinion of what the rule should be. Make a motion prior to next year's draft but until then, suck it up.

first off, in your post you state they are still playing games.

Never squash competing.

If in any bracket, it is still in a game, etc.

I am not certain it makes much sense, in all of this, to put one bracket as higher priority over the other.

would rather have this than absent minded owners.