Sign in to follow this  
The Muffin Man

Perfect storm for a Rodgers return?

The speculation from unqualified message board doctors/optimistic fantasy owners was GB needed to beat Atlanta to stay in the playoff hunt. If they failed, they would likely shut Rodgers down for the year.

Well, the fighting Flynn's pulled it off and Detroit's loss means Green Bay is only a 1/2 game back.

Any word on whether he suits up next week?

We will likely found out around Wednesday sometime.

He is set to work out today and tomorrow and be evaluated Wednesday.

Would guess they would do the scan then to make sure he gets the 1st team reps the rest of the week.

I don't know if I can trust him even if he does return at this point. He's going to be rusty and perhaps gun shy about getting hit. Can you live with that this late in the playoffs or your league championship game? I'm considering him dropping him in the one redraft league that I own him. The Cutler/McNown/Cutler? combo I've been riding has gotten me this far since Double Check's injury and I could use the spot to at least make a blocking move.

I don't know if I can trust him even if he does return at this point. He's going to be rusty and perhaps gun shy about getting hit. Can you live with that this late in the playoffs or your league championship game? I'm considering him dropping him in the one redraft league that I own him. The Cutler/McNown/Cutler? combo I've been riding has gotten me this far since Double Check's injury and I could use the spot to at least make a blocking move.

If he plays...I think its hard not to put him in your lineup against that putrid defense.

I don't think he would be very gunshy about much...its not going to keep him from chucking the ball around.

This is frustrating considering he has a "dream matchup". On one hand, this morning's Journal-Sentinal article says he practiced yesterday without pain, was throwing the ball with "steam" and took some first-team reps (per Andrew Quarless). On the other hand, Coach McLardy keeps talking about obtaining medical clearance from team physician Patrick McKenzie, meaning they want a "scan that shows significant healing". Rodgers did delay his weekly meeting with reporters to Thursday; I'm hoping that means they wanted to see how he felt the day after a heavy workload and there's a chance he'll suit up on Sunday. I think we should know one way or the other by Thursday afternoon.

This life-long Packer fan who'll be forced to play Fitzpatrick in his fantasy semi-final if Rodgers can't go, is definitely keeping his fingers crossed!!!

I'm still hoping. If he plays I'm plugging him in over Russel Wilson without hesitation. He's been taking practice reps for WEEKS now. I'm not concerned whether he would be "rusty" or not.

From Rotoworld:

Aaron Rodgers took the first snap in the QB-RB handoff drill during Thursday's practice.

It's the first time Rodgers has taken the first rep ahead of Matt Flynn since his injury. For now, we'll just call it a positive step in the rehab process. Rodgers still needs to get cleared by doctors and we don't know if that has happened yet. We'll have a firmer update after practice.

Needs to be cleared...not sure how much he did in the 11 on 11 as the reporters were kicked out for that.

He and McCarthy are both supposed to speak at some point after practice.

He ain't playing this week... and I would guess not next week either...

Got the lottery numbers for Saturday too?

Got the lottery numbers for Saturday too?

Well... since the Powerball doctor hasn't cleared balls 1-50 to get into the drawing Saturday... I can make a pretty damn good guess on the numbers.

Well... since the Powerball doctor hasn't cleared balls 1-50 to get into the drawing Saturday... I can make a pretty damn good guess on the numbers.

Well...the doctor is not evaluating Rodgers til tomorrow according to his coach.

2 days of practice and did more this week than last and supposedly came out of it better than last week.

Its all going to depend on the scan.

This week IMO is much more doubtful...I think he plays next week.

Well...the doctor is not evaluating Rodgers til tomorrow according to his coach.

2 days of practice and did more this week than last and supposedly came out of it better than last week.

Its all going to depend on the scan.

This week IMO is much more doubtful...I think he plays next week.

Seeing as it's close to the end of the day Thursday... and they travel on Saturday... I just don't see any way he plays this week. Correct that... I don't see any way he STARTS this week. IF he is medically cleared... I would expect him to be the 2nd or 3rd QB. That's too much rust to knock off in a couple days of hand-offs and warm up passing.

No dog in this fight... one league left and the Rogers owner didn't make the playoffs.

There's a shiat-ton of variables affecting next week... that is just a mildly educated guess on my part.

Seeing as it's close to the end of the day Thursday... and they travel on Saturday... I just don't see any way he plays this week. Correct that... I don't see any way he STARTS this week. IF he is medically cleared... I would expect him to be the 2nd or 3rd QB. That's too much rust to knock off in a couple days of hand-offs and warm up passing.

No dog in this fight... one league left and the Rogers owner didn't make the playoffs.

There's a shiat-ton of variables affecting next week... that is just a mildly educated guess on my part.

I don't have Rodgers either...just a Packers fan.

There is absolutely no way Rodgers dresses in this game to be the #2 or #3.

If he practices and gets the reps tomorrow and is medically cleared...he is either playing or inactive.

Few days? He has been practicing for about 2 weeks now.