Sign in to follow this  
markcc13

Pick 'em: Running Backs

Alright it's the first round of the playoffs I have a plethora of running backs. Alfred Morris, Ben Tate, Zac Stacy, Toby Gerhart, and Montee Ball. I'm debating who to start.

Alfred Morris is going against the Falcons. Kirk Cousins is starting. The last two games he has gone for 31 yards and 0 receiving last game and 26 yards, a TD, and 27 yards receiving. The Falcons gave up 112 yards rushing last week and 193 yards the week before.

Ben Tate is going against the Colts. The last two games he has gone for 53 yards, 0 TD, and 3 yards receiving and 102 yards, 3 TD, and 0 receiving. The Colts gave up 155 yards rushing last week and 162 the week before.

Zac Stacy is going against the Saints. The last two games he has gone for 25 yards, TD, and 3 yards receiving and 72 yards, 0 TD, and -1 yards receiving. The Saints gave up 128 yards rushing last week and 127 the week before.

Toby Gerhart is going against the Eagles. The last two games he has gone for 89 yards and a TD and basically nothing. The Eagles gave up 80 yards rushing last week and 90 yards the week before.

Montee Ball is going against the Chargers. The last two games he has gone for 77 yards, TD, and 11 yards receiving and 117 yards and 4 yards receiving. The Chargers gave up 92 yards last week and 164 yards the week before.

I think I have plenty of options. Who should I pick?

Alright it's the first round of the playoffs I have a plethora of running backs. Alfred Morris, Ben Tate, Zac Stacy, Toby Gerhart, and Montee Ball. I'm debating who to start.

Alfred Morris is going against the Falcons. Kirk Cousins is starting. The last two games he has gone for 31 yards and 0 receiving last game and 26 yards, a TD, and 27 yards receiving. The Falcons gave up 112 yards rushing last week and 193 yards the week before.

Ben Tate is going against the Colts. The last two games he has gone for 53 yards, 0 TD, and 3 yards receiving and 102 yards, 3 TD, and 0 receiving. The Colts gave up 155 yards rushing last week and 162 the week before.

Zac Stacy is going against the Saints. The last two games he has gone for 25 yards, TD, and 3 yards receiving and 72 yards, 0 TD, and -1 yards receiving. The Saints gave up 128 yards rushing last week and 127 the week before.

Toby Gerhart is going against the Eagles. The last two games he has gone for 89 yards and a TD and basically nothing. The Eagles gave up 80 yards rushing last week and 90 yards the week before.

Montee Ball is going against the Chargers. The last two games he has gone for 77 yards, TD, and 11 yards receiving and 117 yards and 4 yards receiving. The Chargers gave up 92 yards last week and 164 yards the week before.

I think I have plenty of options. Who should I pick?

Gerhart may not be healthy enough to play. I think he has a hamstring injury and is listed as questionable.

Ball is risky as he is technically not the starter (Moreno is) he got more play the last couple of weeks cuz moreno was not fully healthy. While his performance was good and it may be an indicator of more work to come, there is no guarantee that the broncos dont go back to making Moreno the workhorse back.

Tate may not be horrible if he plays full reps, but if the colts jump out to an early lead as I think they may, the texans may abandon the run game (which isnt good)

Stacy is a good option I think and the matchup is excellent.

Morris has been solid most all year. Had a rough week last week against a tough D but has a juicy matchup this week and I think he is a must start so long as he is healthy.

I'd go with Morris and Stacy if I were you.

i'm debating morris or a. brown in a .5 ppr. not sure if cousins is a boost to morris or not. without the read option the falcons will likey focus completely on him I think and force cousins to beat them. with almost zero chance at any receptions not sure I can go with him. even with a. brown facing the seahawks.

i'm debating morris or a. brown in a .5 ppr. not sure if cousins is a boost to morris or not. without the read option the falcons will likey focus completely on him I think and force cousins to beat them. with almost zero chance at any receptions not sure I can go with him. even with a. brown facing the seahawks.

Wow... bummer of a choice. I've been riding A Brown since he came back... but he'll sit this week. Just not sure which piece of crap will start over him. CJ2k, Tate, Gio. No good choices.

Wow... bummer of a choice. I've been riding A Brown since he came back... but he'll sit this week. Just not sure which piece of crap will start over him. CJ2k, Tate, Gio. No good choices.

only hope I have with a. brown is that seahawks are traveling cross country for an early start which usually isn't great for the traveling team. also if giants get down brown is usually gonna still get work catching passes. I think brown gets 20 touches no matter what while with morris who knows.

Who to sit? Shorts, Garçon, Tate or ball?

Standard league.

I don't like Garcon this week... I think Cousins starting makes the situation worse. But given the chatter elsewhere on the board... I'm in the minority on that.

• Like 1

It's Morris/Stacy, WTF is the debate here? End thread now.

The "debate" is the board veterans slipping their own 'Who do I start' questions into the main board under somebody else's poor placement of a 'Who do I start' thread.

I also have the same issue..i ended up having a bunch of great RB's on my team. This was a $600 to 1st place league.

My RB's are:

Bush, Lynch, Stacy, Sproles, MJD, and Andre Brown. Amazingly its a 12 team league .5 PPR. I clinched first barely wit a 7-5-1 Record. But now im playing Manning this week. Im starting Bush, Lynch, and Stacy thinking this is the best route. I havent started Sproles in weeks and he is out of the question.

As far as your league i would go Stacy, Morris, and Gerhart. I like Stacy this week for sure.

Who to sit? Shorts, Garçon, Tate or ball?

Standard league.

I had Garcon last year and Cousins threw to him like crazy when RG3 got hurt. BUT, that being said, i am benching Garcon this week cause this is a new year, im starting Allen and T Smith over him.

I keep looking to make the same choice, but both Zac Stacy and Mike James chewed up that defense. Thoughts?

I keep looking to make the same choice, but both Zac Stacy and Mike James chewed up that defense. Thoughts?

It's a combination of the Seattle D AND how farking horrible the Giants are.

Sea is certainly not the same team on the road... but I expect them to pull away leaving Eli to (attempt to) air it out.

Weather looks like it might be a factor... if it's windy/snowy/rainy... I would consider starting him in what might be a tourhg running slog it out game...

But man... after the performance in SD (and Hillis vulturing TD's)... I'm really uncomfortable starting Brown.