Sign in to follow this  
stokes84

Keeper Question

It is the final week of the fantasy season for my league and I am playing for 3rd place after Jamaal Charlse destroyed any chance I had on Sunday. I am already looking into next year because of our keeper rules.

The league is a PPR league with standard scoring. Our keeper rules are: 1st time kept = giving up draft position player was taken in during prior years draft. FAs are 15th round.

Here are my options:

Alshon "Megashon" Jeffery - 10th round pick

Zac Stacy - 15th round pick (FA)

Julius Thomas - 15th round pick (FA)

Percy Harvin - 6th round pick

Currently I am leaning toward Alshon because he is in my eyes a top 10 receiver (Im a bears fan) and that value is crazy. Stacy is an every down back for St. Louis also and his value is nuts.

Let me know what you think with your rationale. Thanks

How many players can you keep? Must you keep 2? If it's only 1 player I'd stick with your guy and keep Alshon. If you can keep 2 then Stacy and Alshon for sure. Thomas and Harvin don't really rate consideration unless you can keep more than 2 players. Also keep in mind the Bears have not made a decision on Cutler yet - so Alshon's value can change in the offseason - whereas Stacy is going to remain the #1 RB on a team that should be much improved next year.

Off topic but still related to Keeper Leagues.

Our league of 25 years is considering switching to a keeper league format. Looking at either 2 or 3 keepers (optional; meaning you don't have to keep any if you prefer not to). The question; would it be best to start now with current players this year or begin after next years draft where everyone going in knows they can retain 2 - 3 players at the end of the season?

To Stokes84: The only options in my opinion are Alshon and Stacy. Either would be a fine choice given their value for your keepers. If I had to choose one, I would pick Alshon.

To The Bag-O-Bones: You should start the keeper system after the next draft. People may have drafted slightly different if they knew they could keep players after this year.

Harvin should be off the list. (Giving up a 6th)

If it's a must start TE league, J. Thomas would be interesting because he'll be going into it as the 2nd best TE IMO. But, his injury history would scare me a little bit and how Denver spreads it around. And he's a TE. But, I feel he's of the best per position over the others.

Alshon makes the most sense by far, but I'm not sure he's going to be what you think he is. B. Marshall is still the man for that team. Alshon could take a back seat next year? Maybe he keeps it going? But, he's the best athlete ready to explode and he looks great this year.

If you have to pick a keeper early - This is easily the pick I guess.

I would wait as long as possible to see about Stacy though.

I actually like Stacy as the pick for keeper. He looks like he will be the Rams RB of the future. Those other bums will not take it from him and liked him coming out of college. Good Def. Good Coach who has a history of getting big production out of Rb's and throwing to them. He can catch, QB should be back, WR's better and a year older. Stacy showed what he can do and might really take off next year.

But, I would want to see who they bring in and do in the offseason, his ranking, etc. ?

(Negative which might put be back on Alshon - Hard Div/Schedual)

Right now, Alshon.

My "future glases" stat ranking: Stacy (by volume of workload), P. Harvin, Alshon, (J. Thomas I could see getting hurt, but could finish at the top if not)

Good luck!

Way to early for this though.

Harvin should be off the list. (Giving up a 6th)

If it's a must start TE league, J. Thomas would be interesting because he'll be going into it as the 2nd best TE IMO. But, his injury history would scare me a little bit and how Denver spreads it around. And he's a TE. But, I feel he's of the best per position over the others.

Alshon makes the most sense by far, but I'm not sure he's going to be what you think he is. B. Marshall is still the man for that team. Alshon could take a back seat next year? Maybe he keeps it going? But, he's the best athlete ready to explode and he looks great this year.

If you have to pick a keeper early - This is easily the pick I guess.

I would wait as long as possible to see about Stacy though.

I actually like Stacy as the pick for keeper. He looks like he will be the Rams RB of the future. Those other bums will not take it from him and liked him coming out of college. Good Def. Good Coach who has a history of getting big production out of Rb's and throwing to them. He can catch, QB should be back, WR's better and a year older. Stacy showed what he can do and might really take off next year.

But, I would want to see who they bring in and do in the offseason, his ranking, etc. ?

(Negative which might put be back on Alshon - Hard Div/Schedual)

Right now, Alshon.

My "future glases" stat ranking: Stacy (by volume of workload), P. Harvin, Alshon, (J. Thomas I could see getting hurt, but could finish at the top if not)

Good luck!

Way to early for this though.

Good post. Having done a deep keeper for a long time, I'll tell you that a starting RB is gold. Plus if you only keep one, having a starting RB gives you flexibility to draft BPA. If you keep Alshon you will feel the need to draft RB early and often.

I can only keep one to clarify. My mistake. Thanks for the replies. Love hearing more opinions

I'd keep Stacy with Jeffery a close second.

Good post. Having done a deep keeper for a long time, I'll tell you that a starting RB is gold. Plus if you only keep one, having a starting RB gives you flexibility to draft BPA. If you keep Alshon you will feel the need to draft RB early and often.

This. Especially the last sentence.

Stacy looks like a workhorse back & so far none of the other RB's on STL roster have threatened his touches other than to give him a rest.

It is the final week of the fantasy season for my league and I am playing for 3rd place after Jamaal Charlse destroyed any chance I had on Sunday. I am already looking into next year because of our keeper rules.

The league is a PPR league with standard scoring. Our keeper rules are: 1st time kept = giving up draft position player was taken in during prior years draft. FAs are 15th round.

Here are my options:

Alshon "Megashon" Jeffery - 10th round pick

Zac Stacy - 15th round pick (FA)

Julius Thomas - 15th round pick (FA)

Percy Harvin - 6th round pick

Currently I am leaning toward Alshon because he is in my eyes a top 10 receiver (Im a bears fan) and that value is crazy. Stacy is an every down back for St. Louis also and his value is nuts.

Let me know what you think with your rationale. Thanks

jeffery easy pick

Stacy. He will continue to get better, he will have Bradford back, and will be an RB1 with low wear n tear.

Also think the Rams defense is underrated and get over shadowed by other defenses in that division. Especially the D line. Quinn is an absolute beast.

hate keeper leagues who give out WW or FA guys in last round slots...that's how stacy, alfred morris, etc. become the most valuable guys in the league

adjust it off ADP the following year...reward quality drafting

in response to your question, i'm keeping stacy without a doubt...WR is super deep and stacy is a 2nd round back next year

hate keeper leagues who give out WW or FA guys in last round slots...that's how stacy, alfred morris, etc. become the most valuable guys in the league

adjust it off ADP the following year...reward quality drafting

in response to your question, i'm keeping stacy without a doubt...WR is super deep and stacy is a 2nd round back next year

Agreed, I tried to get our league to do that this year but nooo it means fa acquisitions will be kept for 5 dollars. However I do find that having a bidding waiver wire means nobody goes for cheap enough to be kept for a keeper anyways.

Keeper league - Rules are 1st time kept = giving up draft position player was taken in during prior years draft. FAs are 15th round.

Quarterbacks are huge points in this league - 6pt pass TD + 1 PT. PPR + yardage bonuses...

Can't decide who to use as a keeper for next year my choices are:

Jamal Charles - 1st. round

Josh Gordon - 15th round - FA pick-up

Zac Stacy - 15th round - FA pick-up

Nick Foles - 15th round - FA pick-up

Julio Jones - 15th round - FA pick-up (A guy dropped him after he did not want to hold a roster spot for him…)

Charles would seem like the obvious keeper, which I would lose a 1st. round for, but that would be fine...

However, other thinking would be to take the other guys that were FA's for a better overall value in next years draft.

Gordon seems like a no brainer, but I think it depends on if the Browns get a real QB… Maybe Julio would be a better keeper?

Stacy could be even better next year with Bradford.

I think that Foles will be even better next year, that whole offense looks great. In my league, top 4-5 QB's usually go in the first round due to the value of QB's in our scoring.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Keeper league - Rules are 1st time kept = giving up draft position player was taken in during prior years draft. FAs are 15th round.

Quarterbacks are huge points in this league - 6pt pass TD + 1 PT. PPR + yardage bonuses...

Can't decide who to use as a keeper for next year my choices are:

Jamal Charles - 1st. round

Josh Gordon - 15th round - FA pick-up

Zac Stacy - 15th round - FA pick-up

Nick Foles - 15th round - FA pick-up

Julio Jones - 15th round - FA pick-up (A guy dropped him after he did not want to hold a roster spot for him…)

Charles would seem like the obvious keeper, which I would lose a 1st. round for, but that would be fine...

However, other thinking would be to take the other guys that were FA's for a better overall value in next years draft.

Gordon seems like a no brainer, but I think it depends on if the Browns get a real QB… Maybe Julio would be a better keeper?

Stacy could be even better next year with Bradford.

I think that Foles will be even better next year, that whole offense looks great. In my league, top 4-5 QB's usually go in the first round due to the value of QB's in our scoring.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

I'd be looking to trade with that guy too lol...