Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

The official: How I got Zac Stacy thread

Ok, pretty much right out of the gate, my first round pick, Trent Richardson, was the suck, And I also drafted Andre Brown, who got hurt seconds after I drafted him. Zac Stacy, finally saved me, and put up big numbers. But, here's a list of other RBs that didn't end up on my final roster:

Ahmad Bradshaw, Lagarette Blount, Christine Michael, Robert Turbin, Brandon Jacobs, David Wilson .... and 5 more I can't remember.

So, Zac Stacy was just the one that worked out.

Sometimes you just hit it. A muddled situation, albeit a productive one for the runner who ascends... The best thing about this board, what gets me through the fluff, flotsam, and jetsam afloat here, is the occasional brilliant insight. I saw Stacy's name thrown out, did my homework, learned from what happened with Alf Morris in Washington, and pulled the trigger.

Outside of all the f*ck-foolery, this board does have strong merit and is appreciated.

One of the few times I have ever picked up a guy without seeing him play. I saw writing on wall that he was being setup to carry the load and watched a couple highlights and was extremely impressed with his style. He looked like a young and tougher ray rice. I picked him up in both my leagues before he broke out.

Picked him up as a FA in all my re-drafts prior to week seven

I drafted him in my startup dynasty this year in the 9th round.

Had top waiver priority and was debating pulling the trigger on someone whose name escapes me now... Decided to hold off for a stronger option and a week later Stacey was the choice. I wouldn't have gotten him without a very high waiver pick (and with a Rams homer in the league).

I actually got info on here that Darly Richardson was being benched but they weren't naming the starter until Sat or Sun. I was back and forth on Cunningham or Stacy. Rumors were coming out that Stacy would get first crack as the starter. After his first star, Stacy never looked back and neither did I. Picked him up in both my leagues and ran away with two championships this year thanks to him and Josh Gordon!!

The Rams RB situation worked out absolutely perfect for me. I went into the draft knowing I would take the Rams starting RB because Fisher likes to run and because having a true starting RB on a team is becoming harder and harder to find. I figured that guy was Daryl Richardson and I drafted him and was generally unimpressed with his preseason. Before Week 1 he was projected 11 and someone offered Gio Bernard for him and I quickly took it. First few weeks that looked like a dumb move. Picking up Zac Stacy as a FA and having Gio says otherwise. Thanks Coach Fisher!!!

• Like 1

Picked him up on waivers on three teams and all three have made Championship games( 2 have won so far, one is in trouble).

After Doug Martin was hurt week 7, I was doing a search of available RBs and saw his name. He was coming off 3 decent, not great games, but he was not in a time share, getting 15 plus carries a game, so I took him, he ran for 134 vs Seattle week 8 and has been starting ever since.

After week 9 I was looking for replacements for Darren Sproles and was really shocked to see he was still out there in both of the other leagues. I think in these cases, he was cut by the teams that drafted him after he got hurt week 1 and everyone forgot about it him.

I went to the waiver wire and hit "add player". Nobody else with a higher waiver spot than me put in a claim, so... :dunno:

I drafted him as my fifth running back (14 team keeper league). In week two I needed a TE and since Daryl Richardson was clearly going to be the man in St. Louis, I dropped Stacy for...... Anthony Fasano :shocking: :clap: :shocking:

I had Richardson as my 4th RB. Looked like he was getting benched heading into week 5 so I grabbed both Cunningham and Stacy. We can only make 3 moves per week and have a pretty thin bench but I figured it was worth the risk to get the new starter.

So for week 5 I actually had 3 of my 5 bench positions used up by Rams RBs. The following week I dropped both Richardson and Cunningham.

I'm a St. Louis guy.... I told everyone in the preseason on my message boards that Stacy may not even make the roster. Dirty pool? I was able to pick him up in the VERY late rounds of my drafts. He was the only St. Louis RB I drafted and didn't really know he would turn out to be so solid, but I knew Fisher liked him a lot. I casually threw out some misinformation in my posts as to not be overly obvious, then backed it up with links from the St. Louis Post Dispatch claiming he may not even see the field this season. Turned out pretty well.

I traded Trent Richardson before the season in all my leagues but one. In one of them, the trade was overturned and the Commish would not allow me to trade him. I was going to get TY Hilton and Roddy White in a PPR. The Commish overturned the deal without the league even getting to vote on it. He said Roddy was too old and Hilton was an unproven player, so this was basically me getting raped and he was saving me from myself. I hate Commissioners like that. F'in know it all screwed me. I ended up trading him midway through the season for a 2nd round rookie draft pick in 2014. I got nothing for a guy that gave me nothing.

I'm a St. Louis guy.... I told everyone in the preseason on my message boards that Stacy may not even make the roster. Dirty pool? I was able to pick him up in the VERY late rounds of my drafts. He was the only St. Louis RB I drafted and didn't really know he would turn out to be so solid, but I knew Fisher liked him a lot. I casually threw out some misinformation in my posts as to not be overly obvious, then backed it up with links from the St. Louis Post Dispatch claiming he may not even see the field this season. Turned out pretty well.

I traded Trent Richardson before the season in all my leagues but one. In one of them, the trade was overturned and the Commish would not allow me to trade him. I was going to get TY Hilton and Roddy White in a PPR. The Commish overturned the deal without the league even getting to vote on it. He said Roddy was too old and Hilton was an unproven player, so this was basically me getting raped and he was saving me from myself. I hate Commissioners like that. F'in know it all screwed me. I ended up trading him midway through the season for a 2nd round rookie draft pick in 2014. I got nothing for a guy that gave me nothing.

The commish vetoing your deal seems like adequate karma for all the Stacey misinformation.