Sign in to follow this  
plasma george

SuperBowl Flyover

Damn, the $Millions being spent on this event in the biggest City in the world.....and the NFL goes on the cheap with helicopters. Don't we see enough of them with the Traffic copters and Newscopters....the look like flies.

I thought the players/fans Flyover purpose was the exhileration/BOOM when the jets pass over ? What a huge stage for the NFL, I say FAIL.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/31/travel/super-bowl-flyover-preps/index.html

Tokyo is actually the largest city in the world at 33 million.

Biggest in size of buildings and square miles, media attention.... who cares how many little guys they can sleep in stacked bunk beds, meaningless post, and nobody visits Tokyo, but thanks for helping.

umm... east Rutherford is a huge city?? :dunno:

there is too much fail to list with this year's show... flyover fail, coin flip fail, hike fail, kickoff coverage fail, intercepted with eyes closed... ok, that occured... even Wilson in the post game interview looked bored, and who can blame him, he was probably looking forward to a game yesterday

I live about 25 miles north of the Meadowlands. About 1/2 hour before kickoff we could hear the choppers passing over the house so my son and I went outside to listen. I couldn't believe how loud they were. I remember thinking, "This is probably what it sounds like when there's a tsunami bearing down on you." It definitely sent a chill up my spine. I'm sure the noise didn't translate in a stadium filled with 80,000 but I thought it was pretty impressive.

I thought it was noteworthy because flyovers have basically been halted for the last few years period. at least they got something.

Back in the 90s my cousin piloted a B-1 that flew over one of the Superbowls. I can't remember which one though.

Carry on....