Sign in to follow this  
bgard72

Move down Doug Martin - RBBC in Tampa

Guys I am famous on here for being wrong at times but...... I truly believe most teams will be RBBC this coming year and going forward.

• Like 1

mix in all the injurys... I think I am going to roll the dice on a bunch of mid round RB's again and hope 2 pop, if I am not top 4 or 5 in the drafting order

As I said in another thread I'm not down on Doug Martin as much as some because of talent. I am down on him because of coaching and scheme. Lovie Smith didn't maximize the talent of Forte and Tedford has had some very talented backs like Vereen and Best and didn't get max value out of them.

Worth watching, many things will happen between now and week 1.

Martin's stock drops a bit, likely rewarding those snatching him up during the fall. Also worth a stab at the others later, just in case. It's a gamble, if you feel good about your roster, maybe youtake that gamble. Unfortunately, with the unknowns taking Martin (for now) can ruin things if RBBC does arise. You need to strike well in rounds 1-3, then you win the league in rounds 4- 7.

Two of the leagues that i'm in are using just a one rb starting postion . One of the leagues is a 12 team league and the other a 10 team league . I like the ideal .

Two of the leagues that i'm in are using just a one rb starting postion . One of the leagues is a 12 team league and the other a 10 team league . I like the ideal .

Not for me, I like the thought of making owners change their thought process rather than the commish change the format of the leauge to accomodate those on the short bus.

• Like 1

Not for me, I like the thought of making owners change their thought process rather than the commish change the format of the leauge to accomodate those on the short bus.

Will i think that's what's being done . When you change the format you make the owners change their thoughts.

Most of my leagues have changed to 1 RB, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex....I was always one of the top teams before the change, but I didn't complain one bit. It actually gives me more flexibility in the draft. I am not chained to taking 2 RB's quickly in the draft, and if you have a RB injury it doesn't screw your season as it had in the past.

Teams with 2 great RB's still can dominate (last year I started Charles, Forte 1st , 2nd in my draft)....but it gives you more options.