Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Super deep sleepers of 2014

Agree completely. Not wasting a spot on him in a 10-teamer, but I'm taking him in all 12 and 14 team leagues. This time last year we were talking about him significantly eating into Shady's production.

How did that turn out?

T. West

Is he really that spectacular of a talent? If he is the starter he is worth rostering, but if tate cant get it done i dont expect west to make it happen.

Tough one as Alfred Morris is one of the true feature backs in the league. This one would require an injury.

Seastrunk really plummeted in the draft after being a "darling" of the internet community.. Not sure where the truth lies but I have more faith in the NFL talent evaluaters.

I dont know if i would consider morris a true feature back this year. The new coaching staff has said they want helu more involved. Coach speak but it still should be taken into account.

The only position I'll target sleepers for is RB. I've always used the term "sleeper" as somebody off the radar. Others use is for somebody more valuable that their ADP.

I'll have to guage my league's interest level but a sleeper RB could emerge in Cleveland. However, I think West could go late 1st round in rookie drafts... Crowell? have to see how the hype is come August.

James White in NE may fly under the radar and that is an unsettled situation with Ridley putting the ball on the ground and Vereen having an injury history. This is more of a 2015 thing....

In both Cleveland and NE, there is (maybe) enough bodies to keep Crowell and White off the radar screen.

I dont know if i would consider morris a true feature back this year. The new coaching staff has said they want helu more involved. Coach speak but it still should be taken into account.

Over 3,000 yards from scrimmage in two seasons?

Is he really that spectacular of a talent? If he is the starter he is worth rostering, but if tate cant get it done i dont expect west to make it happen.

By definition, sleepers aren't considered spectacular talents.

Over 3,000 yards from scrimmage in two seasons?

In the last 2 years he has been a workhorse. I am not talking about the past. I am going off of what the coaching staff has said this year so far. Helu is a do it all rb while morris doesnt catch passes. It makes sense to have helu take more carries so that the defense isnt clued in to the play being a pass or run.

Its more of a be cautious statement than anything.

By definition, sleepers aren't considered spectacular talents.

Did you read what i said about the browns best rb last year? Their rbs had some horrific stats. My point was it is going to take a talented player to be fantasy viable on that team. If west is comparable to the rbs from last year on that roster, he most likely will not have much of an impact even if he starts.

I also said that every rb that starts in the nfl should be on a roster. So if he is the starter he definitely deserves a spot, its just that i see many other rbs on nfl rosters who will have a bigger impact if they get to start than whoever that is for the browns.

West is a small college guy that was a work horse power back. Tate could be the guy, but I have never thought Tate was anything more than a good fit with a good line. If I draft Tate with a 3rd/4th I will follow that up with West in the later rounds.

That said I prob won't own either.

Donald Brown SD

I've never been high on him, but jotted his name down last season after watching him running for Indy. He was looking very legit, running behind a suspect line. I checked his stats: 102/537/6 (5.3 ypc) and 27 receptions for 214 and a TD.......in very limited action.

Now he's in SD. We all know Ryan Matthews history, and Headwood will continue to be Headwood. Worth a flyer.

• Like 1

Tough one as Alfred Morris is one of the true feature backs in the league. This one would require an injury.

Seastrunk really plummeted in the draft after being a "darling" of the internet community.. Not sure where the truth lies but I have more faith in the NFL talent evaluaters.

the same talent evaluators who let morris slip to the 6th?

look, morris has been good and it's likely he'll get the majority of the carries.

this isn't shanny jrs offense anymore. i would not base any expectation for morris off last yr's coaching staff. things change quickly.

look at cincy last yr w/ gruden. they'll have a similar run scheme, it's more power oriented, less zone stretches.

morris does fit, but gruden will share carries in the backfield.

as a FF owner, im plotting and scheming my adds off of a bigger picture than what morris did last yr.

i think this is a situation to get ahead of here, like badazz ff ballers tend to do.

the question actually is, is it helu or seastruck who shares carries?

i think it's seastruck.

it's reasonable to expect that whoever splits w/ morris will have value right out of the gate in ppr.

id spend a priority late rd flyer on him from here on out in every redraft.

• Like 1

Donald Brown SD

I've never been high on him, but jotted his name down last season after watching him running for Indy. He was looking very legit, running behind a suspect line. I checked his stats: 102/537/6 (5.3 ypc) and 27 receptions for 214 and a TD.......in very limited action.

Now he's in SD. We all know Ryan Matthews history, and Headwood will continue to be Headwood. Worth a flyer.

Brown's career stats compare very well to Matthews thus far. Now Brown has never been a 200 plus carry guy as Matthews has twice so that's a whole nother beast but I found these interesting.

If my math is correct Brown has 19 tds to Matthews 21 on 352 less career touches. That's noteworthy to me and I don't think anyone would say Brown has been in a better situation to score in Indy.

Brown:

551 attempts-4.3 YPC-17 tds

83-9.2 YPR-2

Matthews

849-4.4-20

137-7.6-1

Bonus- Matthews career long rush is 51 and reception 42. Brown 80 and 72.

I said brown could be a solid back and was laughed at on here. Of course i backed off because he was getting hurt. Soon as i decide to cut all bait he ends up a solid fantasy starter.

I am really curious as to what the split will be this year.

Mathews is a FA after this year. Brown may be in for a big year soon.

SD paid Brown as if they have plans for him (and are not planning on extending Mathews). I think they stay a 3 headed monster this year barring injury and Brown shines next year. Can't discount Mathews seeing the writing on the wall though, and since he's playing for his next contract I think he's going to at least repeat last year's numbers. Adding to the dilemma is that if you're going to take one you pretty much have to take the other.

Here is a longshot who may be worth considering, especially with Moreno injured (although I only considered Moreno as a one-year stop gap anyway). I grabbed Damien Williams awhile back as I thought he fits well in the new offensive scheme plus would have little to overcome competition wise over the next two years. Today's article seems to validate my hope...

http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/7/16/5904081/miami-dolphins-training-camp-scouting-reports-rb-damien-williams