Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Guys you will TRY to draft...

Anyone hot on verren? Last year there was a

Ton of hype. He did get hurt. I also think

Brady is being a little under valued. He didn't have gronk or verren and Amendola for most if the year.

Vereen's wrist still isn't 100%, that makes me a little worried about him. He looked like he was going to be a beast the first couple games last year.

Markus Wheaton, M. Wallace, K. Benjamin, A. Williams, T. Romo, R. White, J. Maclin, G. Olsen, T. Williams. ..

Notice any position missing? I just don't see an deep value. .. I'm sure it'll come but nothing that sticks out like previous years for me.

Bell is not a handcuff, he's an alternative. Some are even taking bush after Bell.

Cooks will prob get over drafted. I have fantasies of getting him as my wr4 even if going rb rb. Prob not gonna happen.

People saying pierce will take rices job are still in last years preseason. Pierce got his shot and sucked.

Vereen is an awesome prospect but destined to be forever fools gold to me. People chasing his potential that never quite delivers a breakout season.

Gerhart is intriguing but he's kind of like the shiniest turd in the poo pile in jax. Besides the fact that white people arent as good at football, i don't start rbs on teams that don't get 1st downs. I need my guy to have ample opportunities all game long including 4th qtr. that means the team has to be winning or close, not out of it by halftime and throwing in garbage time.

I just hope jax can get at least average qb play or it will stacked boxes all year for Toby. but I do like the amount of touches he will get nontheless

lol I guess u guys set me straight on pierce. to be fair the ravens running game as a whole sucked last year maybe it was play calling/ bad blocking :dunno:

Bell is not a handcuff, he's an alternative. Some are even taking bush after Bell.

Cooks will prob get over drafted. I have fantasies of getting him as my wr4 even if going rb rb. Prob not gonna happen.

People saying pierce will take rices job are still in last years preseason. Pierce got his shot and sucked.

Vereen is an awesome prospect but destined to be forever fools gold to me. People chasing his potential that never quite delivers a breakout season.

Gerhart is intriguing but he's kind of like the shiniest turd in the poo pile in jax. Besides the fact that white people arent as good at football, i don't start rbs on teams that don't get 1st downs. I need my guy to have ample opportunities all game long including 4th qtr. that means the team has to be winning or close, not out of it by halftime and throwing in garbage time.

He is being drafted in the fourth and not the first second or third. Backs like joique (isnt even the starter), chris johnson (geno smith and a boring offense), sankey (rookie on a suspect offense), trich (even worse than rice last year), ryan mathews (yeah he has broken more than a few fantasy dreams), shane vereen (can be good but plays for belichik and has injury issues) are the rbs typically going around/after gerhart. How are those options so much better again?

Stafford. Last year he averaged 12.5 yards per catch on his passes. His wideouts led the league with 44 dropped passes. His new security blanket in Golden Tate has dropped less passes in 3 years at 5 than stafford gets in just 2 games. @ 12.5 extra yards per catch x 44 catches he would have put up an extra 550 yards which would have put him at his highest yardage total of his career. 5,200 yards.

What is the next logical step in this analysis? No incompletions or interceptions?

The interceptions would go down I would think. But say he gets drew brees type of production from his 1 and 2 and ebron actually is not a bust and can catch the ball. brees had the fewest drops of any qb last year at 13. You would still be looking at 380 yards extra and at least a few more tds

He is being drafted in the fourth and not the first second or third. Backs like joique (isnt even the starter), chris johnson (geno smith and a boring offense), sankey (rookie on a suspect offense), trich (even worse than rice last year), ryan mathews (yeah he has broken more than a few fantasy dreams), shane vereen (can be good but plays for belichik and has injury issues) are the rbs typically going around/after gerhart. How are those options so much better again?

Well its noty a slam dunk but there are def arguments for all of those guys being better than Gerhart.

joique- Explosive offense, has looked good before.

CJ0k- Done it before, jets have mobile qb wich helps rbs.

Sankey- COULD have opportunity, explosive college player, team that let CJ0k be a top 10 rb last year.

TRich- potential bounceback, on a good offense that keeps D honest.

Mathews- Has been a top 10 rb a few times now at least in quietly good seasons despite maddening history. Good offense.

Vereen- Plays with a top team and has big potential. versatile.

Like I said, not all no brainers but you asked for an argument for these guys and thats the best I can come up with. You could put Gerhart above or below all of these guys and I wouldnt say it was crazy. I personally have him below.

I find myself securing an elite WR1 early, then ignoring the position until about the 7th round. In 3-6 I'm loading up on as many of these RBs as I can get:

Stacy

Morris

Mathews

----------

JBell

CJ1K

Rice

Trich

Sankey

Will be happy with any combination of the top half and the bottom half forming my RB2/3/4 group. If Michael Floyd is available in 5 I will probably take him, but generally I'm not seeing any WRs that I like in the early middle.

After that I am looking at one of these guys to emerge as a solid WR2:

Terrence Williams

Reuben Randle

DeAndre Hopkins

Tavon Austin

Aaron Dobson

Kenny Stills

Justin Hunter

Cecil Shorts

Generally I can land over half of those guys in mocks, and one of them has to pan out, right?

Guys you will TRY to draft

The best ones!

I would much rather take fliers at RB than WR personally...especially in rounds 4-9. That's bread and butter time. Not a chance in hell I EVER take the likes of Terrance Williams or Shorts as my WR2 with "upside"

I'm not thrilled about taking the likes of Mike Wallace or Eric Decker in those rounds either. Of course this is a bit distorted for me, I'm preparing mostly for a draft in which I have no 2nd or 4th round pick. Certain sacrifices need to be made.

Well I'm in an auction league so I'm trying to get a list of guys I should draft. So far from this thread I'm thinking people like Hilton,Gerhart,Williams...this year has been real tuff not A lot of sleepers like in years past. Last year A.brown,Hilton,Gordon were high on a lot of people list in Ff today. This year it's all over the place.