Sign in to follow this  
gitterdunn08

First year keeping players, advice wanted.

Long time re draft league turning keeper this year...eventually dynasty. We're keeping 5 this year, 6 next, 7, 8, and so on...Anyway, i'm torn on my 5th guy, looking for your opinions. 4 pt TD pass, 6pt all other TD, No PPR. start QB, RB, TE, WR, WR, WR, K, DEF. No FLEX

Keeping: A. Peterson, Dez, Jimmy Graham, and Antonio Brown.

Considering as my 5th...Romo, Gio, Cutler (kinda)

I won't know who everyone is keeping until I turn mine in but just by looking at current rosters I can can guess I will have one of these guys: RGIII, Foles, Rivers and or Dalton in the 4th round when I have my first pick if I keep Gio. If I keep a QB their won't be much to choose from at RB. McFadden, Ellington, Tate..those kinds of guys.

Romo would be my 7th, Gio my 9th and Cutler my 14th. It may be worth mentioning I could also keep Golden Tate as a 6th.

as a Niner homer I will be picking up Carlos Hyde at some point in this draft :doublethumbsup:

Thanks in advance guys.

Yeah, seems like Gio is a no-brainer here. Even in a non-ppr, he's going to score some through the air and his receiving yardage total should be halfway decent, making him a legit option in standard scoring formats. I'd keep Gio and take a QB with your pick, unless a nice WR is available. Since you must start three, and the QB's only score 4 points per TD, I'd really consider a WR at that spot if a decent option is available.

So you can't decide between the 30 something QB who is showing some signs of injury decline vs. The sophomore RB who should get 250 touches for the foreseeable future? I call "I just wanna brag about my keepers" bullshit

Really you hoping that anyone will read beyond the first paragraph would make me wonder if you're serious. This isn't the composition writing class. It's a bunch of out of shape guys who can't even pick up the newspaper.

are you serious ?

Yeah I was, no reason to bash here. I was looking for some simple advice, not rude comments that help no one, ive never played keeper. Save yourself the time and just dont reply if you can't be helpful.

So you can't decide between the 30 something QB who is showing some signs of injury decline vs. The sophomore RB who should get 250 touches for the foreseeable future? I call "I just wanna brag about my keepers" bullshit

Trust me bro, I dont need to brag to the likes of you to make myself feel better about anything.

Gio for a 9th is excellent value. Romo can almost always be had later than that, and Cutler later than Romo.

Save all of us time and don't type anything!

Is that not why this board is here? It's titled "A Little Help," No one is forcing you to click on my thread and read it, you made the choice. Instead of your negative reply you could have wrote "Gio" and been done with it. I got what I needed i'm done.

Thank you to the guys who left positive advice, I appreciate it.

Keep Gio. Easy call. Any of those QBs will likely be there when you pick so if you want them just redraft.