Sign in to follow this  
TheUsualSuspect

Auction Values 08/11 10TM, Standard, Non PPR

Don't worry, this is not a "Isn't my team great?" thread.

Rather, some values to help novice League Managers getting ready for their Auction Drafts this FF season. I am a HUGE fan of auctions, and encourage everyone to give this draft type a chance. Again, this is just a FYI thread, so all of the experts can spare me of negative comments.

This is just a 10 Team League ($20 Buy-in), Non PPR, Standard Scoring (Pass TD 4), $200 Budget

9 Starters (RB/WR/TE Flex), 7 Bench Spots

Top $

Charles 54, AP 53, McCoy 51, Graham 50, Forte 48

Top QBs

PManning 48, Brees 33, Rodgers 32, Brady 30, Cam 20, RWilson 20

Top RBs

Lacy 41, Lynch 40, RBush 27, DMart 27, Gore 28, D Murray 25, Foster 21

Top WR

Calvin 47, Dez 47, DThomas 46, AJ 37, Fitz 38, AJohnson 32, Jordy 29, Marshall 26, Jeffery 25, Welker 23, Julio 22, DJax 22

Top TE

JThomas 25, Gronk, 21, VDavis 18, Witten 16, Olsen 15

Top D/ST

SF 32, SEA 30, CAR 10, KC 8, CIN/PIT 6

Top K

Prater 11, Gostkow 8, Dawson 5, Jankow 4, Crosby/Hauschka 3

Top Rookies

Watkins 8, Manziel 7, KCarey 6 (Live in AZ-Homer pick)

Top Value (In my opinion)

MBall 16, Cobb 12, Patterson 4, Ellington 8, Spiller 8, Bernard 12, TAustin 1, Garçon 14, Vereen 4, AntBrown 13, Gerhart 4, Boldin/Wayne 3, JoGordon 2, Dalton 2

WTF (In my opinion)

Bortles 15, Rivers 15, Alex Smith 17

Interestingly, this was the first auction draft for 8 of our League Managers. Of course there were brats and alcohol involved but aside from a few mis judgements the draft went great and everyone had fun.

If there any players not mentioned, that your curious about just send me a message. As always, remember to have fun and good luck to everyone during our upcoming draft season!

Could have come away with julio, bmarsh, jeffery on same team. I would have been happy with that. Murray and another rb like bell, ball looks possible to combine with those receivers.

Thanks for the info. I'm doing my first auction draft in the coming weeks and have just begun building my tiers and setting budget allocations.

I think the sheer fact that some of the "elite" defenses went for that much is a reinforcement for nominating those type players very early on provided you didn't get stuck with one. I've long held the belief that I would nominate someone like Matt Prater and the 49ers defense so the sheep would flock to them for at least $6-15. $32 is just insane for a defense.

The league I'm doing an auction in has all new members to auctions. I'm also the only non-49ers fan.... :banana:

Thanks for the info. I'm doing my first auction draft in the coming weeks and have just begun building my tiers and setting budget allocations.

I think the sheer fact that some of the "elite" defenses went for that much is a reinforcement for nominating those type players very early on provided you didn't get stuck with one. I've long held the belief that I would nominate someone like Matt Prater and the 49ers defense so the sheep would flock to them for at least $6-15. $32 is just insane for a defense.

The league I'm doing an auction in has all new members to auctions. I'm also the only non-49ers fan.... :banana:

I would nominate carlos hyde. You know at least a few of them are going to be on his nuts and will pay a steep price.

Excellent observation, and very true. The same thing happened the past two seasons, again with several new people to an auction. I just don't think people know how to value an entire defensive team, rather than an individual player.

I typically do nominate Kickers and D/ST early (for $1 of course), sit back and enjoy.

FYI, I do not draft kickers. I will add/drop my least valuable player accordingly a couple days before the season begins. Just my preference. All kickers are the same to me, and I am the guy that tends to play match ups and add/drop my K week to week.

I take a D/ST with my last pick for $1... $2 at the most (or whatever additional draft money I have left) For draft listed above, I picked up Cleveland. And there were still ones ranked anywhere between 8-15 available. It's not that I don't value D/ST, I just refuse to pay typically what are the winning bids.

Good Luck giraldi, would be interested to hear your take on your draft and see how it goes.

Could have come away with julio, bmarsh, jeffery on same team. I would have been happy with that. Murray and another rb like bell, ball looks possible to combine with those receivers.

One team has Dez, Jeffery, AJ believe it or not... And Cobb

QBs-RGIII (16) ... Luck (12)

He sacrificed at RB- Ellington (8) LBell (13) MJD (4) Ingram (3)

And TE- Clay (3), and HMiller (4)

No, this is not my team : )

Just held my auction($200) last night. Couple of observations:

AD, McCoy, Charles, Forte, Lacy, Lynch went for 30-35% of budget.

Murray, Martin, Ball went for 20-22%

Stacy, Gio, Foster, Ellington, Bell went anywhere from 10-17%

Top 3 QBs went for 30-35%. Stafford 10%. Cam and Luck just under that.....then Ryan, Romo, Cutler, Kap, Foles, Brady in the 3-5% range. I got into bidding war with only other owner without QB....I let him have Cutler for $8 and settled for Romo for $6. Got the impression that Cutler could have gone a little higher.....so whatever value some of you think Cutler has might be slipping.

Calvin and Graham went for 30%. Stud receivers generally went for 20-25%. Receivers generally ranked just inside the top 10 to top 20 went for 7-10%. Gronk and Julius for 15%. Most other TEs in the 3-5% range. Again, got caught waiting on TE with another owner and bid Ertz up to 5%. Cooks got bid up and could have went higher if nominated earlier.....capped at 4%.

Except for SEA....no defense went for more than a couple bucks.

I have my first auction tonite. Gonna absolutely crush people by nominating bums and having them overpay. 11 for a kciker but 12 for cobb?? This is going to be a bloodbath.

Just held my auction($200) last night. Couple of observations:

AD, McCoy, Charles, Forte, Lacy, Lynch went for 30-35% of budget.

Okay.. So the players listed above went for between $60-70???

I may have missed roster size, but that seems a little fat.

I have my first auction tonite. Gonna absolutely crush people by nominating bums and having them overpay. 11 for a kciker but 12 for cobb?? This is going to be a bloodbath.

Every auction is different, so be careful. Good luck!

Okay.. So the players listed above went for between $60-70???

I may have missed roster size, but that seems a little fat.

10 team, all TDs 6pt.....with one Denver and 7 Minny homers. So Peyton and AD's values skyrocket. They were nominated relatively early so they set the market for the other upper tier players.