Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Cobb or Nelson ? PPR

Is it even close? Nelson is already a stud. Outside of Megatron, no receiver has more TDs in the last 3 years. I love Cobb's upside and potential, but he still has a lot to prove. There is no way he should be above Nelson in any format.

Nelson is the play , but I am going with Cobb before Nelson . Rolling the dice with his upside .

I hear ya on rolling the dice, I don't think we know how great he can be... Maybe Jordy has been great because Cobb hasn't been around

Is it even close? Nelson is already a stud. Outside of Megatron, no receiver has more TDs in the last 3 years. I love Cobb's upside and potential, but he still has a lot to prove. There is no way he should be above Nelson in any format.

Agreed, 1000%!

I hear ya on rolling the dice, I don't think we know how great he can be... Maybe Jordy has been great because Cobb hasn't been around

I think Nelson is so underrated constantly.. in both real life in FF-- dude is a stud, and definitely Rodger's favorite/most trusted target. He was on pace for a rediculous season last year had Rodgers not gone down. There have been multiple reports from Packer's camp that Cobb has looked "merely average." I think this is blown out of proportion and like Cobb for a great season this year, but i am not sold that his upside is so sky high theoretically that I'm going to roll the dice on him in front of Nelson who has proven himself. I think Nelson's upside is legitimately just as high and don't think we've even seen his ceiling (which i have as higher than cobb)

Nelson is going in mid-second round in every draft I see, so it doesn't look like he's getting underrated from a FF standpoint.

Nelson is going in mid-second round in every draft I see, so it doesn't look like he's getting underrated from a FF standpoint.

Nelson's numbers and consistency could see him higher than some of the other WRs going above him, but you are mostly right, the Fantasy community knows more about this guy than the regular public. Where he is greatly undervalued is in the NFL. The dude has never made a Pro Bowl. That is just criminal. I'll say it - because I know a lot of others think it - if he wasn't white and if he was more of a diva, he would have multiple Pro Bowl and be considered a top 3 WR all day. He has size, speed, range, and incredible hands. He has also shown that he can catch balls thrown by scrubs too. There is no better back shoulder catcher than Nelson. He should have more accolades by now.

Depends. If I draft Nelson he sucks. If I don't, he has a monster year. I'll let you know Sunday after the draft ...

Swear to God, this is how I feel. Only difference is I draft Friday so I'll let you know.

Nelson's numbers and consistency could see him higher than some of the other WRs going above him, but you are mostly right, the Fantasy community knows more about this guy than the regular public. Where he is greatly undervalued is in the NFL. The dude has never made a Pro Bowl. That is just criminal. I'll say it - because I know a lot of others think it - if he wasn't white and if he was more of a diva, he would have multiple Pro Bowl and be considered a top 3 WR all day. He has size, speed, range, and incredible hands. He has also shown that he can catch balls thrown by scrubs too. There is no better back shoulder catcher than Nelson. He should have more accolades by now.

Let's take a step back. Jordy is awesome, but he hasn't had a bunch of breakout seasons. He had that one in 2011, 68 1200 15. Awesome. That year both Jennings and driver made the pro bowl for the pack. Jordy did a lot of his Dmg in the later part of the season prob after voting, including 3tds in the last game. Last year he has a nice year and deserved a pro bowl but instead the backups were Julio who didn't even play, and salsa Cruz and Fitz. The pro bowl is 75% popularity contest and 25% stats. But beyond those 2 breakout years, he wasn't a full time starter and didn't do much.

First 3 years his best was 500 and 2td as a role player off the bench. The year in between the 2 big ones he was hurt so didn't get a chance. We all know he's good and explosive and he should have a great year this year. But he's only been a go to guy for the last 3 years, so he's not exactly getting snubbed, except for last year.

feel like this topic has been done to death.

cant really go wrong. i could see jordy with more scores, cobb with more receptions. both with nice yardage totals.

i prefer cobb but thats because i feel he is more dynamic.