Sign in to follow this  
tbone138

yahoo suckin

Just (should have) had my first draft of the year and yahoo froze up and noone could get in. Big money league draft is coming up. Hope they figure this out...

Seriously it does suck but so does Yahoo.

I've moved years ago. I refuse to join any Yahoo leagues. I'd rather not play.

Seriously it does suck but so does Yahoo.

I've moved years ago. I refuse to join any Yahoo leagues. I'd rather not play.

what sites would you recommend? i'll definitely be pushing to switch out of yahoo

this is focking absurd. I will never play in a yahoo league again.

we had trouble with the MFL draft room, so we just did a free ESPN league to use the draft room. have to say, their draft room worked flawlessly for an auction draft...

ESPN....I've been using them the last 5 years (switched from Yahoo as we had a few issues there). No problems in 5 years.

ESPN> MFL> Yahoo

CBS & NFL.com :dunno:

But I have to say NFL.com web site focking blows. Almost unviewable/unusable on mobile. Horrible

Ahhh, here we go - the annual Yahoo sucks thread.

It's like clock.

You know what? I've been using Yahoo for 15+ years. Never a problem. Not a one. They can't (or don't bother) to rank IDPs, but other than that.

I don't think ESPN is near as usual friendly nor has as many features. Their draft tool certainly is not as good!

NFL is better than ESPN, but not as good as Yahoo.

But rant on!

Ahhh, here we go - the annual Yahoo sucks thread.

It's like clock.

You know what? I've been using Yahoo for 15+ years. Never a problem. Not a one. They can't (or don't bother) to rank IDPs, but other than that.

I don't think ESPN is near as usual friendly nor has as many features. Their draft tool certainly is not as good!

NFL is better than ESPN, but not as good as Yahoo.

But rant on!

If its so good - Why do we have an annual rant of how bad it is? You know....Like clockwork.

Funny. Don't see any ESPN b!tches.

Thanks for proving our point. :lol:

At the end of the day (ugh, I hate that saying), it's all about personal preference.

Good luck.

I enjoy the ESPN and Foxsports ones better. They are a sports site. Yahoo will tell you the news going on but they're no sports site.

Never tried Fox. Heck, never even thought about it.

Does CBS still charge?

If its so good - Why do we have an annual rant of how bad it is? You know....Like clockwork.

Funny. Don't see any ESPN b!tches.

Thanks for proving our point. :lol:

If you think that proves a point, good luck with that. The thing is, Yahoo is by the most used site. So, by FFT norms, it's not cool. Simple as that. People will complain about it. If that doesn't prove anything to you, I really couldn't care less.

"it's all about personal preference."

I prefer my fantasy site not to crash on one of the biggest draft days of the year. I can't get into my real draft or any mock drafts. Yahoo! sucks.

Hmmm, works for me. Just tried it. Loads up fine. Maybe it's user error? Or, more likely, a system error on your end. My main league drafted this morning. Everyone got in fine except one team. He's never had issue before. He clicked the test thing and was fine, but it was loading up a black screen. He tried several times. Finally he switched to his work laptop and it loaded fine. There was something on his home pc that was the issue. His problem, not Yahoo's.

Just saying.

OK, all the people posting on the Yahoo! message boards about draft issues all got new issues with their PC at the same time. OK.

If you think that proves a point, good luck with that. The thing is, Yahoo is by the most used site. So, by FFT norms, it's not cool. Simple as that. People will complain about it. If that doesn't prove anything to you, I really couldn't care less.

It kind of does...

Around 7pm eastern last night they were having major technical issues. No one in my league could enter the draft and it took our commish 15 minutes just to get to the commissioner tools to push the draft out a day. It wasn't 'everyone had PC problems at the same time', I tested my system last week and all was fine. Hopefully they have solved the issues.

I get annoyed easily when people complain about something that is absolutely free.

While free, yahoo is not a charity and they don't run this service out of the goodness of their hearts. It's big business and many users had their seasons screwed up last night. People dedicated a lot of time setting up leagues, preparing draft lists, hosting parties, etc.

users will bring a ton of traffic to yahoo and some will pay for premium services. I believe there is a reasonable expectation that the draft will function as yahoo says it will and when that expectation is not met, users are justified to get angry.

Thankfully my commissioner was able to get our league out of the way of last night's train wreck. Those that can make it will be drafting tonight instead of last night (as was planned). If I couldn't make it tonight I'd be pissed.

Hmmm, works for me. Just tried it. Loads up fine. Maybe it's user error? Or, more likely, a system error on your end. My main league drafted this morning. Everyone got in fine except one team. He's never had issue before. He clicked the test thing and was fine, but it was loading up a black screen. He tried several times. Finally he switched to his work laptop and it loaded fine. There was something on his home pc that was the issue. His problem, not Yahoo's.

Just saying.

I don't understand people that go bald... I've never had issues with my hair falling out.