Sign in to follow this  
sta

Green Bay offense: week 1

I know they say never to bench your studs but what can we expect from Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson and Lacy on Thursday night?

Obviously starting all your packers studs. Clearly the first possesion for GB will be key. If rodgers takes a big hit or lacy gets stuffed a few times on opening drive that crowd will explode. Good thing for GB is they have had plenty of time to prepare for the noise.

Seattles defensive line can be run on. The secondary is what's deadly. With a lacy and Rodgers combo I think Seattle will have a hard time stopping them

I've got Lacy & Nelson and plan on starting both. GB has a lot of weapons and I think they'll be fine.

I know they say never to bench your studs but what can we expect from Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson and Lacy on Thursday night?

Need to start our staters . I don't like playing players on Thursday Night

With all the penalties being called and the fact that it's the first game of the season with a long layoff, I expect GB to come out firing. I generally recall offenses being very dominant early on in the season. It might tighten up later in the year but there is less and less defense every year in the NFL.

The SB is usually more defensive, as well as the 2nd week of the playoffs, primarily because of all the game tape and the week off. Sure both teams have had time to prepare this time, but offenses generally add a bunch of things every season or defenses just don't know tendencies, even for teams that are primarily the same. Rodgers might go out and throw 6 TDs, do you really want to kick yourself for benching him the first week to start, who, Ryan Tannehil?

With all the penalties being called and the fact that it's the first game of the season with a long layoff, I expect GB to come out firing. I generally recall offenses being very dominant early on in the season. It might tighten up later in the year but there is less and less defense every year in the NFL.

The SB is usually more defensive, as well as the 2nd week of the playoffs, primarily because of all the game tape and the week off. Sure both teams have had time to prepare this time, but offenses generally add a bunch of things every season or defenses just don't know tendencies, even for teams that are primarily the same. Rodgers might go out and throw 6 TDs, do you really want to kick yourself for benching him the first week to start, who, Ryan Tannehil?

I would feel safer starting wilson than rogers.

I would feel safer starting wilson than rogers.

Me too, especially with a rookie center for GB at Quest field. It's going to be a long night for him

I'm not sure what to expect, but if you have options worth considering benching Rodgers, Nelson, Cobb or Lacy, you are either in a very small or very weak league. They will probably not blow up but not an option to sit for most.