Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Mathews and Jennings

Matthews came on last year, so I would rank him up there.

Jennings had a great year last year when he got in there and the Gmen will run the ball. If he stays healthy, he is butter because he will catch passes too.

Drafted Jennings as my number 2 in a PPR league but what do I know I picked Trent Richardson as my number 1 last year???

I would rank Matthews ahead of Jennings because he plays on a better offense and behind a better OL. If you can pick of Don Brown you are set if Matthews goes down again.

All my leagues are PPR so I would rank Jennings higher . With Woodhead used has the Rec RB and they sign Donald Brown i think Matthews takes a hit from last years numbers .

Jennings with Williams as a handcuff could be realllllly good because

If Jennings goes down then Williams may shine. If Mathews goes down I don't think Brown has as much upside as Williams and I def don't think he's as good as Williams. This sure is a tough one to call.

I look at it this way, with Ryan Mathews there is Woodhead in the mix. We know what we have with Ryan Mathews. He's one guy, I think i have never drafted, and probably never will.

On the other hand, Jennings has been the consistent, patient pro. He's earned his way into his first job as a starter. He finally gets to show what he can do. And who else is there, a rookie? Yeah right. Rookie RBs for the Giants are not good in redraft. I can't even think of a rookie Giants RB that was worth owning in redraft, ever. Tiki was pretty good, I guess, because he was cheap. Nobody expected Tiki to be as good as he was.

So, which one would I rather have? Hmmmmmm.

Jennings is gold this year, Jerry. Gold.

But what do I know, I drafted Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown last year. They were all healthy and on different teams when I drafted them, to be fair.

It's also fair to mention that I also drafted Moreno late, and stole Zac Stacy off waivers for cheap. I ended up 2nd most in points, 2nd best record. Got crushed in the playoffs by the Gordon owner.

I look at it this way, with Ryan Mathews there is Woodhead in the mix. We know what we have with Ryan Mathews. He's one guy, I think i have never drafted, and probably never will.

On the other hand, Jennings has been the consistent, patient pro. He's earned his way into his first job as a starter. He finally gets to show what he can do. And who else is there, a rookie? Yeah right. Rookie RBs for the Giants are not good in redraft. I can't even think of a rookie Giants RB that was worth owning in redraft, ever. Tiki was pretty good, I guess, because he was cheap. Nobody expected Tiki to be as good as he was.

So, which one would I rather have? Hmmmmmm.

Jennings is gold this year, Jerry. Gold.

But what do I know, I drafted Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown last year. They were all healthy and on different teams when I drafted them, to be fair.

It's also fair to mention that I also drafted Moreno late, and stole Zac Stacy off waivers for cheap. I ended up 2nd most in points, 2nd best record. Got crushed in the playoffs by the Gordon owner.

Great feedback...I do think Williams is gonna surprise u.

Great feedback...I do think Williams is gonna surprise u.

I hope so. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid and I think he has a lot of potential in that system. But, he's gotta earn it.

I would take Jennings over Matthews.

A few points on Jennings. For starters, the rookie A Williams is legitimate and will be a part of the offense, probably goal line as well. They have given him reps in games with the starters which is something you rarely see from young players on the Giants, and Coughlin seems to really like him. That said, Jennings will be a huge part of the offense. The only thing that has looked good for the Giants offense this preseason is the running game. It was a point of emphasis for them and despite how poor their oline is overall (very bad) blocking for the run seems like one area that might be significantly improved over the past two seasons.

Additionally, despite all the talk about the Giants new offense this year, we really have not gotten a chance to see it. They have not gotten into a rhythm in any games and seem to have been working on things more than showing what the final product will look like. Why do I say this? Because one of the things Jennings was brought in to do is to catch passes out of the backfield and they haven't shown this. Williams may be a threat to vulture carries, but he is zero threat to Jennings on 3rd downs. The Giants have a weak group of WRs overall and TEs are abysmal. In the West Coast offense they need Jennings to be a major factor for them in the passing game, not just as a check down, but with designed plays to get it to him.

So overall I am not high on the Giants offense, but it will run through the backs and Jennings in particular will be a major part of it.

All my leagues are PPR so I would rank Jennings higher . With Woodhead used has the Rec RB and they sign Donald Brown i think Matthews takes a hit from last years numbers .

This.

In PPR leagues, Jennings is ranked higher. They didn't give D. Brown 10 sheets just in case someone gets injured.

yeah, to me it's jennings by far. mathews will have to share with 2 guys and never plays passing downs. forget about ppr though, even in a standard league this is a no brainer. mathews is always hurt as well. the giants situation is just much cleaner. get jennings and handcuff him with andre williams later.