Sign in to follow this  
seh2000

Eli's impact on Jennings

Obviously Manning is struggling and who knows for how long. Does that help or hurt Rashard Jenning's value in a PPR league?

Eli clearly looks confused out there with this new system and lack of trust in OL. So I expect him to look to dump off so it should help him.

Took Palmer half a season in AZ but Eli doesn't have the weapons or the oline. Jennings should be fine being the only choice they have but the Oline will hold him back

Jennings should be a beast this year with the sheer volume his is going to have to get in order for the gmen to even move the ball. Eli may be one of the worst multiple superbowl winning qbs there has ever been. He is putrid beyond belief.

• Like 1

I don't understand the new offense excuse. I guess McAdoo's system is radically different than Gilbride's? Didn't take Stafford half a season to look comfortable in his new offense....

Eli has looked like garbage for a while now. Put together a couple excellent Super Bowl runs but I think it's over for him. Or at the least he needs a change of scenery

I think it will hurt Jennings as the season goes on .

Ok,,it appears to me that Eli, if I can use a poker term, is tilted. It's nothing new, it's a modern version of the West Coast offense, but Eli wants to throw deeper. He's fighting the new system, and that's a big part of the problem.

Eli tried to go to the intermediate guy (Jernigan, I think) last week when Jennings had rolled out and was wide open. It was almost intercepted. Eli has to hit those short routes, and make good decisions. We all know he is smart enough, but he is somehow bucking the system or something. He's a 2 time Superbowl MVP, he is not happy when things aren't working ... and you don't want an unhappy Eli. He's tilted. I hope he can get on track soon, he needs to hit those short passes and grind out those first downs.

He needs to rely on Jennings to make things easier for him.

^ agreed on Eli 'tilting' big time

his successful teams had strong ground games, and emphasized deeper routes for the wrs ... the frustration with the new wco has been evident all through the preseason, and was played out in pretty brutal fashion on Monday night.

I expect a cleaner game today at home. expect some quick hitters to Cruz, and increased involvement from Jennings as a safety valve, and the big kid at TE can occupy the middle ... that will open up more intermediate stuff being cashed in by the wrs as a result of the dinks and dunks.

they CAN'T remain as horrible as we've seen.

they just can't.

But, in regards to Jennings ... it's like a can't lose in PPR. Either Eli starts to dump it off to him, or he gets more carries.

Aside from Eli's suckieness rating ... jennings should produce in fantasy. Especially in PPR.

Also, if you look back on the Andre Williams thread, you'll find another "I told ya so."

Sorry.

Giants just don't give rookie RBs a lot of touches. Next year, Williams might be a great sleeper.

It is not Eli or the system that are the problem. Their Oline, WRs outside of Cruz who is not a true #1, and TEs are a bunch of nobodies who play like nobodies.

Giants are about to turn things around. Everytime we all count them out, they have some stellar performance. I agree, Eli looks lost in the offense. If he can get some consistency from Cruz and Randle today I think Jennings could have a pretty good game. I fully expect Cruz to get plenty of looks today and come away with 100 yards. Jennings should have a pretty good day due to this.

It is not Eli or the system that are the problem. Their Oline, WRs outside of Cruz who is not a true #1, and TEs are a bunch of nobodies who play like nobodies.

What up X ...

Yeah, I agree. It's the line. No more Chris "Leverage Machine" Snee.

But .... I think jennings will do well in PPR, as a RB3.

Giants are about to turn things around. Everytime we all count them out, they have some stellar performance. I agree, Eli looks lost in the offense. If he can get some consistency from Cruz and Randle today I think Jennings could have a pretty good game. I fully expect Cruz to get plenty of looks today and come away with 100 yards. Jennings should have a pretty good day due to this.

Week 6 is when the Giants start to "turn it around."

Week 6 is when the Giants start to "turn it around."

Yeah, you are prolly right. As a Giants fan, are they doing anything to fix the line? Offensive scheme, bringing in anyone? They really need to address the line or have a lot of quick outs and slants!?

Besides Snee, here's your problem:

Giants recent RBs include Bradshaw and my man, Brandon Jacobs. Both, excellent pass blockers. Like, hall of fame worthy, perhaps on their pass blocking ability.

Jennings is not that guy. It's a new NFL, and a new plan. Line is gonna hafta gel, Eli is maybe gonna hafta take some sacks.

The panicky, throw the ball deep and pray thing is so 2011.

As a matter of fact, I predicted and I believe it was shown that without Brandon Jacobs, who went to the Niners, no RBs could pass block on that level. It helps that he was the same size as a DL .... Whatever it is, 6 foot 5 and 265.

Love it. He was a monster. I understand that he sucked in fantasty, but he was key to the Giants success. Good pass blocking RB was, and still is key.

Unless you change the system.

Dunno what the plan is right now, to be honest ...Looks bad. Could go 0-16 and Jennings could still be fantasy gold.

As a matter of fact, I predicted and I believe it was shown that without Brandon Jacobs, who went to the Niners, no RBs could pass block on that level. It helps that he was the same size as a DL .... Whatever it is, 6 foot 5 and 265.

Love it. He was a monster. I understand that he sucked in fantasty, but he was key to the Giants success. Good pass blocking RB was, and still is key.

Unless you change the system.

Dunno what the plan is right now, to be honest ...Looks bad. Could go 0-16 and Jennings could still be fantasy gold.

Bradshaw was head and shoulders better than Jacobs. I remember more Brandon whiffs than Ahmad.