Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Injured Studs (and duds).....updates here

Several high-profile injuries this week. League waiver wires are gonna be as lively as an Amish butter churn. Instead of having 10 different threads, I thought we could provide updates here. Everything is very preliminary, but here is what we have thus far:

Jamal Charles - Ankle. Early indication is that it is a mild sprain. MRI scheduled tomorrow. Bear in mind that Gerhart played the week following a mild-moderate sprain....well, "played" might be an overstatement.

Ryan Matthews - Right knee. MRI upcoming. The Chargers are reportedly worried that it is a sprained MCL, which would likely mean a multi-week absence.

Knowshon Moreno - Elbow. Dislocated and possible fracture. More tests forthcoming, but early indications suggest a lengthy absence. Always possible he could get on the IR/Designated to return list. Several week absence...at best. Miller was unimpressive in relief, and left in the 4th quarter himself with an ankle..

Doug Martin - Knee. Many reports that he would start this week, but sat. Rainey had over 160 yards in relief.

DWill - Missed week 2 with a thigh issue.

RG3 - Ankle. Dislocation. Multi-week absence. May cede the job to Cousins, who played well.

Carson Palmer - Sat today with "nerve issues" in his shoulder. Drew Stanton not fantasy relevant in relief.

VD - Ankle. Left game in 4th quarter and didn't return.

A.J. Green - Right toe. MRI negative. Some speculation that this is the dreaded turf toe. Sanu with a good game, as a result.

DeSean Jackson - Left in first half with a shoulder injury, and did not return. He expressed optimism after the game that he would be fine.

Eric Decker - Hammy. Left game in 3rd quarter and did not return. Scored TD before injury.

"Hit Man" Hurns - Ankle. Reported as a sprain. X-ray results were not revealed. Was spotted on crutches after game. (Cecil Shorts missed again with a hammy).

I'm sure I missed a few. Please feel free to add other players or updates on the above players.

• Like 1

Yes I blew it big time . B Marshall yea did not practice all week . So SO so I did it I benched him oh my soul . It's what makes playing FF the best fantasy league there is on earth .

Too many roids. Guys are all at least 250 lbs, run 4.4 40's, and crash into eachother at top speed. Bones and ligaments can't keep up.

Fantasy is at least 80% luck.

Too many roids. Guys are all at least 250 lbs, run 4.4 40's, and crash into eachother at top speed. Bones and ligaments can't keep up.

Fantasy is at least 80% luck.

Between injury and phantom penalty calls it's def at least 80%. Can there be even 1 PI call that we don't look at and say "omg he barely touched him."? Just 1? It's completely dictated by some behind the curtain quota the refs need to meet in order to facilitate a certain number of commercial breaks for ad revenue.

In other news Forte might as well took the week off.

yeah that sucks Murf...

But remember, da Bears had 2 important OL riding the pine last night; (Garza & Slauson) and Cutler was given the green light in the 2nd half to light it up. (Cutler was unreal after that sternum shot) The Chic media here all have said that there's no way Bears can succeed if they DON'T establish the run game gfwd. The staff know that after the Jets see yesterdays game, they'll focus on shutting down Cutler. Matty22 will have success going forward esp. w/ Garza and Slauson back.

AJ Green practicing expected to play

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blogs/2014/09/17/lewis-expects-green-to-play-sunday-green-simply-hopeful/15786301/

also

by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
(49 mins ago) Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green (toe) returned to practice Thursday after sitting out Wednesday, according to the team's official website. The team is preparing for Week 3 vs. Tennessee.