Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Josh Gordon Owners with losing records thread

When do we trade for urgent help? I have an offer of Kelce from one team and Brandon Cook from another. Both are 3-0. teams probably looking ahead.

I'm 1-2 :(

At what point do we trade our stretch run / playoff lottery ticket for immediate help? :dunno:

I'm still holding unless a smoking deal comes along. I would imagine you can find better deals than what you are being offered there, and every week that passes, Gordon's value increases

I'm still holding unless a smoking deal comes along. I would imagine you can find better deals than what you are being offered there, and every week that passes, Gordon's value increases

Yeah but every week that passes and I keep losing my chance of making the playoffs get slimmer. So what if Gordon comes back week 12 and I'm 4-7.

I need a TE as sandvag Rudolph is out. Offered gordon for Jordan Cameron. But I'm still thinking of pulling it back. It's a keeper league and I got him off waivers. That's a crazy deal. Cooks I would consider of the above mentioned but that's as low as I would go. As the weeks get closer and injuries happen his value rises. Week 10 he will be a kings ransom

I need a TE as sandvag Rudolph is out. Offered gordon for Jordan Cameron. But I'm still thinking of pulling it back. It's a keeper league and I got him off waivers. That's a crazy deal. Cooks I would consider of the above mentioned but that's as low as I would go. As the weeks get closer and injuries happen his value rises. Week 10 he will be a kings ransom

Thinking of pulling the trigger on Brandin Cooks for Gordon. Its true that the longer I wait the more Gordon's value but the inverse is also true. The longer I wait the more weeks I have with a hole on my roster when I could be plugging Cooks in my lineup.

I guess what I'm getting at is at what point (record wise) is it time to pull the trigger? Is it 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 ?

Skrew those bstrds at 3-0, they ain't getting Gordo.

And 1-2 ain't bad, you can make your playoffs at 1-2 unless you have holes that absolutely just cannot be filled. No matter what I would not give someone else the satisfaction of seeing Gordon go off on the cheap on their starting roster.

Have him add in a low end rb4 on top of cooks

Thinking of pulling the trigger on Brandin Cooks for Gordon. Its true that the longer I wait the more Gordon's value but the inverse is also true. The longer I wait the more weeks I have with a hole on my roster when I could be plugging Cooks in my lineup.

I guess what I'm getting at is at what point (record wise) is it time to pull the trigger? Is it 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 ?

When they first sent the trades that was my reaction. But isn't that cutting off my (our) nose to spite our face? Isn't 12 weeks of a WR2/WR3 better than 3 weeks of a WR1 ? It'd be different if I didn't have any injuries to my team and was 2-1, 3-0 and liked my team. But thats not the case. Several injuries plus a couple busts have stung.

This isn't neccessarily a thread about my trade offers, but thought there were a bunch of Gordon owners who may be off to a rough start and was wondering what they were thinking as well. What is Gordon's value in week 4? When is the breaking point (record wise) of trading him? Things like that.

Its sort of a weird situation as he's been so good but he's suspended so long.

Right now I am at 1-2, and i would take Cooks for Gordon. But as said every week the price goes up a bit.

Obviously the only teams who are in a position to take Gordo are the ones doing well and who have the ammunition to pull it.

I say ride or die with Gordon, if he is going to help you make a championship so be it but if he's just going to help somebody else it's not worth it. I wouldn't take anything less than two good players or one great one.

And 1-2 ain't bad, you can make your playoffs at 1-2 unless you have holes that absolutely just cannot be filled. No matter what I would not give someone else the satisfaction of seeing Gordon go off on the cheap on their starting roster.

When they first sent the trades that was my reaction. But isn't that cutting off my (our) nose to spite our face? Isn't 12 weeks of a WR2/WR3 better than 3 weeks of a WR1 ? It'd be different if I didn't have any injuries to my team and was 2-1, 3-0 and liked my team. But thats not the case. Several injuries plus a couple busts have stung.

This isn't neccessarily a thread about my trade offers, but thought there were a bunch of Gordon owners who may be off to a rough start and was wondering what they were thinking as well. What is Gordon's value in week 4? When is the breaking point (record wise) of trading him? Things like that.

Its sort of a weird situation as he's been so good but he's suspended so long.

Sorry, I was letting off some steam there.

Here's the thing, how is the band-aid approach going to help once you get to playoff time? To me the idea is to win it all. I am not sure how he will do at week 12 (though note, he is going to be training at the facility, joining in team meetings, etc., it's not like he's coming in cold from the car dealership), but if he comes back full bore, and if you're still around Week 13, well you now have a Top-5 WR to plug in where you used to have a WR3/Flex.

My feeling about 0-3 or 1-2 is to take an honest look at my roster, not play favorites or engage in projects, cut all dead weight and go for what works week to week, but if you can use your bench to stock up on players that are coming off of injury or suspension around weeks 8-12, and make do in the meantime, you can absolutely blow away the competition once that time hits and if you are still in striking range. The guy that is trading for Gordon is doing so to win it all.

Sorry, I was letting off some steam there.

Here's the thing, how is the band-aid approach going to help once you get to playoff time? To me the idea is to win it all. I am not sure how he will do at week 12 (though note, he is going to be training at the facility, joining in team meetings, etc., it's not like he's coming in cold from the car dealership), but if he comes back full bore, and if you're still around Week 13, well you now have a Top-5 WR to plug in where you used to have a WR3/Flex.

My feeling about 0-3 or 1-2 is to take an honest look at my roster, not play favorites or engage in projects, cut all dead weight and go for what works week to week, but if you can use your bench to stock up on players that are coming off of injury or suspension around weeks 8-12, and make do in the meantime, you can absolutely blow away the competition once that time hits and if you are still in striking range. The guy that is trading for Gordon is doing so to win it all.

I realize that and hear what you are saying :thumbsup: but to win it all you must make the playoffs. I've seen lower seeds simply get hot for two or three weeks in the playoffs and win it all. I'm in a 12 team league where only 4 teams make the playoffs. Gotta get there first. You can't win the tournament if you don't have a chip and a chair. :dunno:

Seems to me I'm getting the feel that Gordon's value in week 4 is in the: B.Cooks, K. Benjamin, TY Hilton or Bush, Sproles, Spiller, Bradshaw ranges? :unsure:

• Like 1

I'm doing well in the redrafts that I own him in.

1-2 in the mffl keeper where I own him but he is in play as a cheap keeper for me next year so no chance I drop him.

I'm doing well in the redrafts that I own him in.

1-2 in the mffl keeper where I own him but he is in play as a cheap keeper for me next year so no chance I drop him.

Yeah Keeper League with Gordon is a whole different ball game.

If you were to trade Gordon, today, in a redraft. What is the lowest three WR's you'd take? I'm trying to guage his value; and it may help others.

I was 0-2 and got Cruz for him, as well as a bump up in the waiver order.

Well damn. :unsure:

Maybe I'll just post a message on my hosting site. Josh Gordon for Sale to highest bidder. And see what happens. I hate when people do that though, normally I'll send them my scrub just to piss them off. :)

Well damn. :unsure:

Maybe I'll just post a message on my hosting site. Josh Gordon for Sale to highest bidder. And see what happens. :)

I thought it was solid and wasn't going to waste an opportunity to make my team better now as opposed to later. I probably could have waited another week or two to see what my team did, felt it was worth it. Good luck...

Gordon's on the ww in all of my leagues. Nobody wants 3 weeks of hall of fame numbers sitting on the bench.

Yeah Keeper League with Gordon is a whole different ball game.

If you were to trade Gordon, today, in a redraft. What is the lowest three WR's you'd take? I'm trying to guage his value; and it may help others.

thats tuff because even in the redrafts where I own him I made sure to have a strong wide receiver group and anything I got from Gordon would simply be icing...so even if my teams were doing poorly I wouldn't be looking to trade him for a receiver

so pretending I did need receiver help I saw someone mentioned Victor Cruz and I think that is the type of player you have to go for you have to be buying low Vincent Jackson might also make sense maybe you could even get an owner who is down on cord Patterson after the last two weeks

I would only consider trading him to drastically upgrade a position. You can find waiver wire wrs to get you by. Hell just this time last year Alshon Jeffrey, Zac Stacy, Andre Ellington, Julian Edelman, Michael Floyd, Deandre Hopkins, etc were on the waiver.

Hold unless you have an extremely shallow bench.