Sign in to follow this  
SSP

Marquess Wilson...worth a pick-up?

Should start in B. Marshall's spot the rest of the way.

Must be better available

I had to look it up Forte Jeffery Bennett still on the team and there to catch passes but if you're playing me next week grab this Wilson

Picking him up doesn't mean you have to start him.

Here is what we know:

1. Chicago defense is historically bad

2. They throw the ball a ton

3. Other teams are thinking the exact same thing as you. Stop Forte & Jeffery and we should be good

All of that adds up to opportunity for Wilson, who does have significant upside. If he shines, then you have a nugget you can use in a pinch. If not, who cares.

• Like 1

Here is what we know:

3. Other teams are thinking the exact same thing as you. Stop Forte & Jeffery and we should be good

All of that adds up to opportunity for Wilson, who does have significant upside. If he shines, then you have a nugget you can use in a pinch. If not, who cares.

Great application of facts here Nut. Now I'm not going to go out and pick him up because I don't need him, but the points being made are all relevant and worthy of our musings.

7th round draft pick with good skills but I believe he quit in college due to some conflict with coaches. He's got talent plus opportunity so there is a chance. Personally I see him as a 3-45 type game but you never know

This -

The Bears are expected to start Marquess Wilson in place of Brandon Marshall (ribs, lung) going forward.

Wilson caught 82 balls for 1,388 yards (16.9 YPR) and scored 12 touchdowns as a sophomore at Washington State. He quit the team as a junior, alleging "abuse" by coach Mike Leach. That allowed the Bears to steal a talented, fast 6-foot-4 wideout in the seventh-round of the 2013 draft, and they showed confidence in him this past offseason by letting Earl Bennett walk. A broken collarbone derailed him a bit, but now Wilson has a monster opportunity as an every-down player in Marc Trestman's offense. Josh Morgan is expected to slide into the No. 3/slot role. Wilson has immediate WR3 appeal in a home game against the Saints Week 15.

Here is what we know:

Respectfully, this is giving me bad Terrence Williams flashbacks.

If I get him on waivers, I might play him over Charles Johnson / P. Garcon / S. Smith Sr. as my WR2 in the Semis.

I think it is underestimated how much Marty B operates as the next guy up when Marshall and Jeffries are out. He was booming early in the season when they were both injured and went off again with Marshall out.

Terrance Williams comp is correct in my book (and best case), and I own all of these players in one dynasty or another (where even crap is worth rostering as a lottery ticket). Wilson is a good sleeper, but he's the #3 at best on a bad offense. Opportunity just isn't knocking that loudly here. Him going 3 for 40 consistently would be considered good, and any td a fluke on the order of a donte rosarrio score. Not impossible but unlikely.

FWIW, he's still adding bulk to a thin frame and could be an interesting player to watch next year.

• Like 1

Consensus rankings on ESPN site has him #39 this week. He's a gamble, but if you're in a 12 (or more) team league that starts 3 WRs he might be worth a look. I'll probably be without my #3 A Johnson this week, so I'll be deciding between Marquess and guys like Crabtree and Hogan, and I'm not feeling particularly great about it.....

Although Cutler was looking for him after Marshall went down last week, and Chicago will have to throw a ton to keep up with GB....

Consensus rankings on ESPN site has him #39 this week. He's a gamble, but if you're in a 12 (or more) team league that starts 3 WRs he might be worth a look. I'll probably be without my #3 A Johnson this week, so I'll be deciding between Marquess and guys like Crabtree and Hogan, and I'm not feeling particularly great about it.....

Although Cutler was looking for him after Marshall went down last week, and Chicago will have to throw a ton to keep up with GB....

They're eliminated from playoffs so they won't be keeping up with GB at all

I like Wilson a ton as a dynasty player. I think he certainly has a future in this league. But due to him coming off the injury and now thrown into a starting role, I'm a bit timid to target him in redrafts.

Having said that, he is the type of player that could be a difference maker in the playoffs...and if you have week 17 super bowls, I'd stash him on my bench just to make sure someone else doesn't

Trying to decide between Wilson and one of the three Jags (Lee, Shorts and Hurns). Never thought I'd be dealing with this decision a few weeks ago and can't decide.

The matchups are there. I could see Wilson or one of the Jags have a double digit game. I could also see a 4 catch 39 yard performance. :wall:

• Like 1

Trying to decide between Wilson and one of the three Jags (Lee, Shorts and Hurns). Never thought I'd be dealing with this decision a few weeks ago and can't decide.

The matchups are there. I could see Wilson or one of the Jags have a double digit game. I could also see a 4 catch 39 yard performance. :wall:

I actually like Lee if i had to pick a Jags WR

• Like 1