Sign in to follow this  
HD11

Forte-Week 16

Several concerns...

1. Detroit's run D-stellar-though Asiata and Teddy did some damage last week...

2. Forte did next to nothing against them in Detroit a few weeks ago

3. Chicago does not look like they care at this point

4. Claussen at QB...Lions load up the box and tee off??

But the one concern I have not seen shared is, will the Bears start looking more at Carey and give Forte extra time to chill on the bench?

Considering Forte vs Benjamin vs Herron in my flex spot... .5ppr league

Cannot believe I am considering benching the horse that helped get me here!

I'm in the same boat but have a better option in Jeremy hill. The points you listed are what concern me. My brother thinks it helps forte by getting extra dump offs from clausen. I'm not sold on that in a .5 per reception league.

I'm in the same boat but have a better option in Jeremy hill. The points you listed are what concern me. My brother thinks it helps forte by getting extra dump offs from clausen. I'm not sold on that in a .5 per reception league.

I'm not sold on that in a 1 per reception league. Hill I already in my lineup. Thank yuo Mr. Forte for getting me here. Take a seat.

Yep, I have this dilemma as well. I'm rolling with him though, he got me to the 'ship. Word around the Bears is that Clausen is actually better suited to run this offense and Marshall is out. Forte will be one of the few options on offense.

The counter argument is that Forte has been open in the flat and on 5 yard dump offs a whole lot, and - instead - Cutler goes for the hero throw (and fails).

Clausen could be a good thing for Forte, and I do not think that DET can really adjust their coverage that much. I think Cutler's perception in the league has been diminished that much.

Don't you love having to make blind decisions in the title game??? Lol - way to throw a wrench in my title run

I'm still thinking Clausen hurts Fortes value. If your the defense who you going to try and stop Clausen or Forte. Forte with ease. I can see Clausen depending on Forte but I think its pretty risky considering how they played Forte earlier in the season. Having Hill to start definitely helps the decision. However, TC's options aren't as clear cut to me. In his case I think I'd roll out Forte.

Don't you love having to make blind decisions in the title game??? Lol - way to throw a wrench in my title run

I hear ya, and I'm not confident either way. When it comes right down to it, though, going with pure talent isn't a bad idea. With Marshall gone, CHI has to depend upon their best players. I think that players like Bennett may actually get less play and more blocking, just to protect Clausen. That could mean enough time to give Forte 8+ catches out of the backfield.

So none of you are concerned that Carey gets more time instead of Forte, since the Bears are switching out Cutler?

So none of you are concerned that Carey gets more time instead of Forte, since the Bears are switching out Cutler?

I am as well. Who's to say the coaching staff doesn't put Carey in on passing downs which negates much of Forte's upside? It's a lost season so why not see what you have in the rookie?

Thinking of benching Forte as well. Luckily i was able to add CJ Anderson mid season, so have had Marshawn Lynch and CJ as my other 2.

I think Forte will get a heavy load, but i predict a bunch of 3 and outs with Clausen. Its a tough matchup already for Forte, before the offense became one demensional.

For those of you benching Forte, who are you benching him for? If you own him he's your first round pick and your RB1. The only backup RB I have to consider benching Forte for is the very TD dependent Matt Asiata. :wacko:

Jeremy hill and I can't tell you how much it pains me to sit forte as I'm a bears fan too. I have him starting with hill in my 16 teamer but my options aren't even close.

For those of you benching Forte, who are you benching him for? If you own him he's your first round pick and your RB1. The only backup RB I have to consider benching Forte for is the very TD dependent Matt Asiata. :wacko:

Standard scoring league, we start RB, WR & Flex. A. Brown is my starting WR, & Foster is my RB. I can flex either Forte, Hill or AJ Green.

My options for the flex spot are Benjamin and Herron...one faces Haden potentially, and one is sort of a lead back. If Julio is out, I will probably slide Douglas in for Forte. Sad.

The Very TD Asiata had 7 catches for 50 yds against a stout Lions D. Just saying....

OK, working in another thread:

Forte or Gordon??