Sign in to follow this  
MrBurns

Both of the final games in my league came down to bench points

Probably the craziest thing I have seen in fantasy. The first and third place games tied and came down to bench points.

No. I'll probably bring it up for next year.

Yeah, might wanna change that. People have guys on their bench for that reason. Definitely a good change for next season.

Sounds unfair as a tie-breaker to me anyway.

What if one team had 2 backup QBs and the other team had 3 injured players who didn't play?

• Like 1

No one had multiple Qbs, but the guy who lost the championship did have 3 injured players, as pick-ups cost 5 bucks.

No one had multiple Qbs, but the guy who lost the championship did have 3 injured players, as pick-ups cost 5 bucks.

This is why bench points suck as tie breakers. Go to fractional scoring or have it where you nominate a player as the tie breaker. Whoever's player they nominate scores the most points wins.

Not the be all, end all but it's a start.

My head would explode if there were bench points used. That's about the worst way to settle it.

In the league I commish, if there were a playoff tie, we'd calculate the results using the fractional scoring that got discarded in the full point system. If that doesn't settle it, in a semi-/quarter-final setting, the higher seed would advance. Since this is the championship game, I would leave it as a tie.

that's crazy.

not a fan of bench point tiebreakers. prefer fractional, or cumulative points for season if fractional is not an option.

I agree with the sentiment of bench points sucking as a tiebreaker. IMO the higher seed should win ties in the playoffs. Sort of a home field advantage earned by being better all season.

Dropping just 1 injured player for a kicker could have earned him more than $5 in the championship

or have it where you nominate a player as the tie breaker.

More work for owners and another thing to track... plus again you have the fairness issue with QBs vs non-QBs and injured studs.

So many easier ways than bench player(s). Like higher seed or # of touchdowns in starting lineup (or total yards).

More work for owners and another thing to track... plus again you have the fairness issue with QBs vs non-QBs and injured studs.

So many easier ways than bench player(s). Like higher seed or # of touchdowns in starting lineup (or total yards).

If it's a PPR league with 4-point passing TD'S it would negate the value of QB'S versus the other skill positions.

# of TD'S is a solid option as well.

In my league that does not have fractional scoring (thank God), we break playoff ties by:

• Total offensive yards by starters. (This would include any passing/rushing/receiving yards accumulated by the QB and the 5 RB/WR).
  • Total TD's scored by team. (This would include passing TDs, rushing/receiving TDs and return TDs by the defense).
  • Fewest turnovers by team. (This would include any interceptions thrown and any fumbles lost by the starting players).
  • Fewest yards allowed by starting defense.
  • Coin flip.

God bench points is so stupid. All the time people put into this hobby and then that? Longest schlong would be a better method than that.