Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

Teddy Bridgwater

I went back to watch his last 4 games and this kid is for real.

He's playing behind a terrible line and limited play makers but yet putting on quite a show. 70+% completion over the past 4 games, that's unreal for a vet in this league let along a rookie. Could be someone to keep an eye out on for next year's draft.

Can I hire you to scout for me? I haven't watched him 1 snap

I liken Bridgewater to Chad Pennington but better. Not a great arm but accurate and delivers it where it's needed. More mobile than Chad but he is small so he does need to be careful out there.

To be completely fair, that 70% completion rate is in large part due to him checking down a lot.

He does have his problems. He seems to make catches more difficult than they have to be even on shorter throws. But he's certainly shown enough, IMHO, to be optimistic about his future.

Perfect QB2 for next season. Bye week & injury filler, with upside.

He's playing behind a terrible line and limited play makers but yet putting on quite a show. 70+% completion over the past 4 games, that's unreal for a vet in this league let along a rookie. Could be someone to keep an eye out on for next year's draft.

Could be

Between Asiatata Mckinnion and now Bridgwater I think yore bedder off avoiding that whole team.

I'm with you. He has a bit of the R Wilson calmness to him as well. Played in the pocket in college. I think the kid could be good.

To be completely fair, that 70% completion rate is in large part due to him checking down a lot.

He does have his problems. He seems to make catches more difficult than they have to be even on shorter throws. But he's certainly shown enough, IMHO, to be optimistic about his future.

His yards per completion avg over the past 4 games:

Comes out to 8.9125.

That's one of the highest numbers among all QB during this stretch. And based on the 4 games i watched, to say it's because of check down is completely false.

Between Asiatata Mckinnion and now Bridgwater I think yore bedder off avoiding that whole team.

Just looking ahead.

Might be someone i target as a late flier on redraft. Avging 293 yards per game over this same 4 game stretch. If he drops another 300, 2TD and 70% completion rate, that would be one of the greatest rookie QB stretch ever.

His yards per completion avg over the past 4 games:

Comes out to 8.9125.

That's one of the highest numbers among all QB during this stretch. And based on the 4 games i watched, to say it's because of check down is completely false.

He's pretty good at the intermediate routes, and getting better at the occasional deep stuff, but RBs have combined for 20 receptions for 107 yards the past 4 games. The Vikings are not a team that runs a lot of RB screens or sideline passes. TEs have another 17 catches for 170 yards. Again, not a team that uses TEs down the seams.

Oh, and he's average 255 a game over the stretch, not 293.