Sign in to follow this  
Magnificent Bastard

Famous encounters

Way way too many to mention.

I was on the Howard Stern show twice. (Three times if you count the WOR TV show).

Are you the angry dwarf?

j/k :thumbsup:

Way way too many to mention.

I was on the Howard Stern show twice. (Three times if you count the WOR TV show).

Your somebody? What were you on the show for?

I towed Britt McHenry's car last week. I don't remember what was saying because her were bouncing up and down at the time. Oh wait, I don't drive a tow truck. Nevermind.

I used to live in the West Village. My mom still maintains an apartmnt there. Lotta celebs live in that neighborhood. Jon Stewart ... little old school 80's shout out. We subleted the apartment to Jeremy Sisto for like a year. Very nice guy. First time I met him I was playing an online poker tournament, so he was like oh, totally go back to your tournament, just wanna check out the spartment. The neighborhood is known to where celebs can be normal people. Julianne Moore lived in the neighborhood, like walk by and say hello. Seen Bill Murray, just standing by himself looking through the window of the magazine store. Only one time, I really was like, "Holly shiat" .

It was Mother's day, and I was younger. I shipped my original Gary Fisher out from Arizona and I used to ride a lot down by the Hudson, so I am just closing the door to the stairwell and I hear a familiar voice say something like "i think we are pretty close to it right now" and it's like a normal,thing you recognize someones voice ... and I had the Scarface, dual VHS tapes upstairs. It was Al Pacino ... so friggin weird, who's that, some neighbor needs directions ... There's lost Al Pacino, with his family on Mother's Day. Nobody knew what to do ... Everryone is just like stopping and pointing ... Al Pacino.

Who else ... There's more ... It escapes me now. Superstar! Chick from SNL, totally from the hood. Molly Shannon.

I have personally met a lot of famous jazz musicians. I heard my parents playing some old scholl stuff earlier. Our friend Ron Carter on the bass, and little known jazz trumpet player Miles Davis. My parents prolly don't even know, I almost yelled over "Miles Davis!" i am sure they were talking about Ron and how smooth he is. He's the best.

So, I guess it was like 1982 or something, Mom and I ran into Ron on the street in nyc. At the time, Ron was playing with this very talented kid named Winton Marsales. So, I was like not aware of how famous Ron was when I first met him, and I was a 12 year old kid. i said, "Oh, you are Ron Carter. Must be cool getting to play with Winton Marsales." ... which ya know, was nothing compared to Miles Davis. Technically, through marriage, I am related to Miles Davis.

Tyson family from Hollis, Queens, Cicily Tyson is my step father's cousin. And like Queen Latifa was the fat little girl neighbor. Run DMC, all those old school rappers were from Hollis.

You learn things. Old school shiat. Onetime, at this funeral where I am like one of the only white people, i learned this one:

Wtf was it .... No litinol ... Or something like that. That's what black ppl say from Queens when someone has no ass. That person has litinosanol. Little to no ass at all.

Most white people would qualify .... But every once in awhile ... black person, flatt butt. Rare ... Often unseen creature, but they exist. I have seen them.

My favorite story of course is the black kid looking at me like it was totally weird. Riding his new bike in the snow at 7 AM Christmas morning, I am outside having a cig, and I kinda smile and waive at the kid. What am I supposed to do ... kid prolly never seen a white person in that neighborhood before in his life. Looked at me like I was possibly up to no good.

Sometimes, I try and think what that kid was thinking. "Man .... They got a white guy for Christmas!?" But he looked thoroughly confused as to what a white guy was doing in Hollis on Christmas morning.

Truth be told, I grew up in Arizona. It was snowing. My very first "white" and isn't that ironic, Christmas.

Don,t even get me started about the Jews ...

... In my family. Yep, my white parents divorced, remarried ... I am white as a cracker, Dad married a Jew, Mom maried a black guy.

That's why I am nuts for Leah Michelle. Spanish Jews .... i didn't know they existed. So hot.

ETA: also the tiny vaginer

No lasting relationships or meaningful exchanges, but lots of conversations, and a few parties with:

Olivia Newton John - at a party for the launch of her fashion line and retail stores

Cindy Crawford - had drinks with her and a bunch of others after a fashion show

Bo Diddely - hung out after a concert

BB King

Buddy Guy

Rita Moreno - helped her husband get outfitted with a new wardrobe and then hung backstage with them after a concert

Michael Jordan - his wife used to come into Niketown to shop all the time, but he only came in once while I was there

Scottie Pippen - Niketown

Phil Knight - dinner at a corporate event

Ricky Henderson - He actually stole some shoes from Niketown

Sammy Sosa

Brett Favre

Mia Hamn

Shaq

Kareem

Reggie White

Robin Ventura

Lots of other mid level MLB, NBA and NFL players

Spike Lee

R Kelly

David Carradine - he attended a pow wow after starring in a play in Tulsa

Patton Oswalt (grew up down the street from me and was friends w/my little brother)

Jesse Owens - he was hanging out in DC with some press corp friends of my dad while we were playing touch football in the park

1989 or 1990. I graduated the year before in 88. Went to Delgado Community College where smokers and dumb asses go. I sucked at math so I had to spend a semester there doing remedial classes before I went to USL. Wanted to go to LSU.

The only good thing that happend during my time in stupid college was fingering her. Go figure.

My wife knows the story and hates it. Was eating lunch a few years ago at a local bar with her and a friend of mine, who was there when it happend, blurted out "How's Edie?"

Awesome. One of my best friends went to school with Edie at some Arts Magnet High School in Dallas. He went on a date with her, but never got any finger bang action. Kudos!

I saw 106 NFL players at a game I attended last year.

I saw Lebron, Kyrie, Bosh, and Wade last year, too.