Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

Fantasy Football Convention This Summer

Came across this today and noticed that a bunch of NFL guys are going to be in Las Vegas the weekend after the 4th of July at the Venetian doing a fantasy football convention. Looks like a pretty big list of notable names (ie: Gronk, Dez, Le'Veon, Julio Jones)

Any of you degenerates going?

https://www.gonffc.com

No I'll be in myrtle beach that whole week staying at a beach house. They do fireworks off the pier every year and it's always awesome

Can I catch a ride on anyone's private jet?

Don't have one. I just rent one occasionally. Much more cost effective since I don't fly a lot

sure man, I will pick you up on the way.

Just remember: gas, grass, or ass, no one rides for free!

• Like 1

Cool idea - going to be in a national park that weekend though. Maybe next year...

Definitely an interesting idea. Surprised that there hasn't been one before though. I am a bit surprised that the daily fantasy sites, particularly Fanduel and Draftkings, haven't been linked to this event though. Especially with how many NFL players and fantasy writers are slated to appear.

As for me, I'm too close to Vegas, I have a gambling addiction, and I got comped rooms at Caesars. Sooooooooo......

• Like 1

I guess I'm the loser of the group. I'll be in the driveway with firecrackers, beer in a can and will probably be wearing cut off jean shorts and an old Motley Crue t-shirt. Go have fun on your fancy trips. I really can't go anywhere that weekend anyway. I have to shampoo & condition my mullet. It's a long process.

• Like 1

The event has been canceled for 2015. Apparently the league was threatening to fine/suspend players that were scheduled to be involved.

"It’s with incredibly heavy hearts that we announce to you that we will be postponing the National Fantasy Football Convention, as we no longer feel comfortable and confident in delivering on our intent, ambitions and opportunities for fans. This is a direct result of sudden and unexpected opposition taken by the NFL concerning player participation and their perceived association with gambling for an event in Las Vegas."

It sounds like they're moving the event to Los Angeles in 2016 and away from the gambling connection. I'm not sure how successful this event was going to be anyway, but it's a shame the league took this stance.

The NFL is a joke. They're so anti-gambling yet they allow their teams logos on lotto scratchers, release an injury report, and run fantasy football on their site.

The funny thing about this is, from what I've read, the NFL knew about this event for quite some time and only decided to act a month before the event. Hell, the only reason Tony Romo joined Twitter was for this event. For those that bought airfare, lodging, etc are now screwed. I'm sure if the NFL had gotten a cut of the money, they'd be all in on this event though

The NFL is a joke. They're so anti-gambling yet they allow their teams logos on lotto scratchers, release an injury report, and run fantasy football on their site.

The funny thing about this is, from what I've read, the NFL knew about this event for quite some time and only decided to act a month before the event. Hell, the only reason Tony Romo joined Twitter was for this event. For those that bought airfare, lodging, etc are now screwed. I'm sure if the NFL had gotten a cut of the money, they'd be all in on this event though

Well idk about screwed. Whoever had purchased tickets to vegas is still going to vegas. I love it there and would have gone again this year had my wife not been pregnant. Actually she still wanted to go but no way am i going to deal with a pregnant woman on the strip.

• Like 1

Well idk about screwed. Whoever had purchased tickets to vegas is still going to vegas. I love it there and would have gone again this year had my wife not been pregnant. Actually she still wanted to go but no way am i going to deal with a pregnant woman on the strip.

There's ways to deal with that in Vegas...though not sure of how sanitary said options are... ;)

The event has been canceled for 2015. Apparently the league was threatening to fine/suspend players that were scheduled to be involved.

"It’s with incredibly heavy hearts that we announce to you that we will be postponing the National Fantasy Football Convention, as we no longer feel comfortable and confident in delivering on our intent, ambitions and opportunities for fans. This is a direct result of sudden and unexpected opposition taken by the NFL concerning player participation and their perceived association with gambling for an event in Las Vegas."

It sounds like they're moving the event to Los Angeles in 2016 and away from the gambling connection. I'm not sure how successful this event was going to be anyway, but it's a shame the league took this stance.

Mike - Why do you question how successful this convention will be? They seem to have quite a bit of player support.

ICEMAN