Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Any old truck guys?

I like. Couldn't tell u if it's good enough or not cause I don't know much about engines but I do like.

Good looking truck. If I was going to buy a Ford of that vintage it would definitely be a short box though. Much better looking truck IMO.

I like it

I had a 78 short bed 4 x 4

got a solid 7.8 mpg

I so wish I had kept it

Looks like a truck a buddy of mine bought to restore with his 16 year old son. His was a 4 door. They bought an old beater and they spent some time restoring it together. I think once they were done he had about 7-8 grand in it. The kid put it online for like $38K for sh!ts and giggles, and some guy paid him almost $35 K for it. :doh:

He sold it and went and bought a brand new truck. Focking unreal.

Looks like a truck a buddy of mine bought to restore with his 16 year old son. His was a 4 door. They bought an old beater and they spent some time restoring it together. I think once they were done he had about 7-8 grand in it. The kid put it online for like $38K for sh!ts and giggles, and some guy paid him almost $35 K for it. :doh:

He sold it and went and bought a brand new truck. Focking unreal.

Older style trucks like that, once restored, are actually going up in price. They are becoming more popular with people nowadays. Especially if you have someone who's into classic cars/trucks. They will pay you a good deal for it

Older style trucks like that, once restored, are actually going up in price. They are becoming more popular with people nowadays. Especially if you have someone who's into classic cars/trucks. They will pay you a good deal for it

I can't tell you the year of the truck, but I'm pretty sure it was a Ford. Don't have a clue if is was a collector truck or not, but the kid hit a home run and pulled a new truck off the show room floor.

I can't tell you the year of the truck, but I'm pretty sure it was a Ford. Don't have a clue if is was a collector truck or not, but the kid hit a home run and pulled a new truck off the show room floor.

Those old ford or Chevys if fixed up will pull in a good $30K. You go find an old one and put in around 8-10 grand you can easily sell it for $30K. And that's taking a low offer. I've seen them go for 50-60 grand as well.

PM me the VIN# and I'll NADA the value if you want it. Good find.

Those old ford or Chevys if fixed up will pull in a good $30K. You go find an old one and put in around 8-10 grand you can easily sell it for $30K. And that's taking a low offer. I've seen them go for 50-60 grand as well.

Yeah, not anymore.10 years ago, if you had a 1970 Hemi-Cuda, you had a million dollar car. Not anymore.

$30k for a 1973 truck ... nah.

You want a less expensive classic? Look into the 63 Ford unibody.

1973 .... just not a good year for anything.

Anything 1965 or older, at least in Arizona, does not ever hafta take an emissions test. The exhaust can be pure weaponized anthrax, and they can't do shiat.

i really like the lines on old Studebakers too, and they can be more affordable, and are more rare. 60's GMC stepside, shortbed ... nice looking trucks.

One to look out for is the M-100 which is a Canadian version of a F-100, and it's a Mercury. Ford, folded Mercury a few years ago, and a lot of people talk about how the 72 Chevelle SS454 ended that arms rade in 1972 ... in 1963, pre Mustang ... damn straight, it was Mercurys that won those early Nascar races.

Anything Mercury pre 1973 ... but that M-100 Mercury truck, I think they only made it 69 and 70. Watch out cause I have seen fords with the mercury badging, and it was I thnik 1972, not possibly an M-100. Just cause it has Mercury badges, doesn't make it a Mercury.

to me, THIS ... Is pure badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uAWdvanCRMu

You show up to the Mustang club with a 65 Park Lane convertible in Tiffany Blue ... nobody there, has ever seen a car like that. Might not even realize they exist.

They made like 3005 Park Lane convertibles in 1965. In all colors. Take a wild guess how many came with a split bench seat? About 2/3rds, so about 2000 were made. Interesting, the records were lost, you cannot even get a Marty report.

How many Shelby Mustangs do you think were made in 1965?

Prices are coming down, even in the real classics. This is what you want for $30k:

Actually prices are going up on classics. Already looked in to it cause I thought about buying one. 10 years ago they were cheaper. Now they are a lot more expensive. Already did the research on it

Yeah, Prices, for classic trucks has topped out. Yer gonna pay top dollar today. Not going any higher.

There is of course, a lot of value in cars that have a history of racing. Yer not gonna get that with classic trucks. Zero percent of the time will you find a classic race truck.

That's where I think the value is right now. Early 60's full sized cars, like Mercury, Lincoln, Cadillac. In a future world, where cars run on magic dust, gasoline will be cheap.

Ya see here's the problem. My Merc has a 428 CJ in it. They never made that engine in 1965. Because I have not built it to be a traction race car, it is probavly not hard to make it so it gets squirrelly. I haven't tried.

So, 2000 Park Lane convertibles with a split bench, most of those were red, black and white. Of those 2000 cars, how many do you think were "Tiffany Blue" ...Besides mine. One? Two?

I originally bought it for $900.

i call it, "the car that poker built." For awhile, every time I would hit a nice poker win, I would do something to the car. New lotsa shiat ... runs like a bat outta hell.

I dunno what would happen if I tried to make it faster. I actually want to make it slower, run leaner.

Custom, Magnaflow, not some off brand, exhaust was a must. That cost 2 grand. The new top, with the welder I had to hire to help me get the frame reinforced, was like $1500 total. The service block 428 Cobra Jet ... i got kinda lucky. I bought a car, for $1500 that had the motor in it. Rare, Q code car, rear end is worth $1500. Sold that car for $500, which was wqy too cheap, but I wanted to move on, and it didn't have a title. So, cost of $1k, I got an original, webbed service block 428. I have not found any partial vins, 1967 block, prolly issued to ford racing as a service replacement. Too bad, the original Mercury 428 Super Marauder would be worth a lot more than $1500. Course the new American Racing wheels and tires, another $1500. New Holley 4 barrell and Cobra air cleaner, another $500. All bolt ons, water pump, alternator, replaced, new battery, battery cables, plug wires ... whole 9 yards.

I was able to verify a 1U mark on the crankshaft, which would signify, along with the externally balanced flywheel, that it is a Cobra Jet motor. Prolly worth, if it was outside the car, about $3k.

1965 Montclair Marauder Fastback parts car, $2k.

That was my total cost, like $1300 and $700 to ship it. Friggin time capsule. This car, is 100 percent 1965 original. Solid, never wrecked, straight car, has some rust in the quarepanels. I actually cut out one lip there. And I know from my convertible, tires can get really tight in that wheel well.like a rolled fender, a cut out fender ... i already did it on the bad side. Believe it or not, that extra half inch can really make a difference on what kinda wheels you can put on it. I really like the ... You got less tahn 1/2 inch of play on the back wheels. If you have a big motor and the back wheels are wobbly ... You got a problem. Tight, big wheels. i just have 17's, and this is a big car, so they don't look stupid.

There's 2 things I would like to do to the suspension, of my Mercury, whichnis stock.

1. The Shelby drop.

It's a way of dropping your front end, just enough, to not only allow you to travel at a higher speed, with the downforce, but it also helps you make corners better. Same tech as a 65 Mustang, should work.

2. New rear leaf springs.

That may be something I leave to the next guy. Rides fine, now, just has a low ass.

The convertible, when it came to me it's original Z code 390 Super Marauder motor was replaced with some 1973 truck motor. Original motor was long gone. The fastback has it's original numbers matching motor, but it is seized.

So, I figured, if yer a real Ford guy, when I open the hood you should prolly come in your pants rigjt there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/arizonaclassiccars/17715900316/in/dateposted-public/

You can't see the alluminum radiator in that pick. It's all new stuff though. You can see, far right corner, I have a gallon, yellow Prestone jug, to catch overflow from the radiator. The original Mercury part is glass, and hard to find. i have the bracket for it.

Next to that, with the Mercury face on it, is the windshield wiper squirt resevoir. I hide stuff in there like spare keys, and baby rattlesnakes.

But you can see, how massive that 428 is. They will never make them like that, ever again.

Got some wiring issues. I am not good at electrical. Gonna hafta hire someone.

The brand new aluminum Holley ... best $300 I ever spent.

$300 I could prolly get the upholstery finished. But ... that's like last on my list.

Carbueretors man. That's what life is all about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arizonaclassiccars/8636348992/in/album-72157623491547733/

i know, it still looks like a piece of shiat. Ya don't rush it. Car had old lead work in it even,,had to grind a lotta stuff out. Car came from Seattle. Welded in new floors, replaced the trunk lid, but there are still old rust issues. Taking me forever, to get it done right, so I can paint it. But I am not in a rush. I like it in primer grey. Bodywork goes bad, you grind it out, do it again. Takes years, sometimes, to get it right.

Then, you paint it.

65 Merc, looks like a 65 Lincoln from the front, but the ass looks like a 65 Caddy. And, it's a 2 door.

Ok, long way around to get back to trucks, one of the coolest customs I have ever seen was a Diamond T coupe. I knew what the exact car was when I saw it at a parade im Seattle. The only, Diamond T coupe you will ever see.