Sign in to follow this  
browns16-0

Brandin Cooks

What's everyone's gut feeling on him? I think with Graham gone he is the defacto #1 wr. I don't see any reason he can't finish top 5-10 in PPR leagues. 85/1100/9 doesn't seems out of the realm of possibilities, I am just curious as to where he is going currently in drafts?

I like him alot and just posted his gorgeous 45yd bomb td in the preseason thread. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015082254/2015/PRE2/patriots@saints#menu=drivechart%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000514453&tab=videos

It's just plain criminal that people are downgrading Brees this year and calling Cooks purely a ppr guy like he's Edelman. Brees will push 5k like he does every year and Cooks could push 100 rec with huge yardage. 10tds would be a big stretch, but who knows.

Be interesting to see who else is going to step up for the Saints this season . I'm one of them that have been saying I don't see 5000 yards for Brees and still don't .

• Like 1

Eye opening, but I'll be able to get him a few rounds after that or I won't be drafting him.

Windows like that are closing pretty rapidly every few days and with 3rd game coming up. Will be interesting to see what happens to my sleepers. I don't imagine my trio of J Brown, Royal and Brandon Coleman will be easy late round scoops for long.

Windows like that are closing pretty rapidly every few days and with 3rd game coming up. Will be interesting to see what happens to my sleepers. I don't imagine my trio of J Brown, Royal and Brandon Coleman will be easy late round scoops for long.

My two remaining drafts are offline home leagues, so I'm optimistic. I Love John Brown think he's the real deal. I like Royal as well, but I think you gotta pick which half of the season Cutler's going to lock in on him. You may have to hold him for a while before he helps you win some match ups, or Cutler will come out the gates targeting him then get distracted and forget about him.

My two remaining drafts are offline home leagues, so I'm optimistic. I Love John Brown think he's the real deal. I like Royal as well, but I think you gotta pick which half of the season Cutler's going to lock in on him. You may have to hold him for a while before he helps you win some match ups, or Cutler will come out the gates targeting him then get distracted and forget about him.

Great...thank you for reminding me that I drafted Alshon the first year he broke out but cut him a few games into the season when he didn't do anything. Watched some other guy profit from him the whole 2nd half.

Great...thank you for reminding me that I drafted Alshon the first year he broke out but cut him a few games into the season when he didn't do anything. Watched some other guy profit from him the whole 2nd half.

- holy fockin' schnikes ... i did the same that year :doh:

was happy as hell to snag the kid late, then cut him in week 3, i believe ... dude who scooped him won the chedduh that year :dunno:

sonofab!tch :D

anyways, Cooks top 10 this year, book it solid ... kid's gonna shine

Just got cooks in the 4th out of the 4th slot of a non ppr 10 team draft. I was so happy to have the draft relatively early this year.

Yea I like drafted early it seems more players I target fall in the later rounds . I have four of my drafts coming up after the third preseason games and it's going to be harder to get them . But it's a plus doing some drafts early and some later , my teams don't have all the same players on them .

I agree here. Royal is sneaky good. That doesn't mean he is great. But I feel like Gase knows that Cutler is best when he is in some sort of a rhythm and has confidence in a guy. The Bears will use him as an extension of the running game (to fit into Fox's system) that also helps get Cutler into the flow of the passing game. With Alshon and Martellus you can't lock in on stopping the quickness underneath either. In PPR formats I like Royal to be a flex all day in 12+ team leagues. But not sure I'm going to buy at a premium in non PPR formats.

was happy as hell to snag the kid late, then cut him in week 3, i believe ... dude who scooped him won the chedduh that year :dunno:

I think i cut him right then as well. Had a bye week to fill, and he had done nothing.

Yep week 3. I think I was doing my patented "grab NEXT weeks juicy dst matchup.". It's like i draft the guy late knowing I need to hold on to him but then cut him early. Dumb. Also I completely agree, Cooks top 10.