Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Colts at Texans: In-Game Discussion

....and that's why Hoyer blows. Stupid mistakes at critical times.

10 targets, 9 for 77 receiving and 41 yards rushing for Foster. PPR that's a great night. We get fractional points for carries too, he's over 14 pts tonight. I'm happy with that.

Still better than Mallett who makes stupid mistakes straight through the game regardless of what time it is.

Ya can take the qb out of cleveland...but can't take cleveland outta the qb

• Like 1

Matt Hasselbeck sounds like he is snorting helium. Just saying. :unsure:

Hilton pushed off on that clinching catch. I've got not probs with a great WR making a savvy play like that, but they called it on Hopkins earlier erasing a long gain. On the throwing the ball penalty dude was pulling on his jersey long after he'd stepped out of bounds. I've seen refs blow those things off, especially late in games. Again, am impartial here but there were some bad calls and non-calls against Houston.

Oh and that job is Hoyer's. Period. I guess they could only take so much of Mallett's suckage, at least Hoyer was going down the field taking shots. I'll take that guy anyday. He probably didn't see that defender masked behind the receiver. Obviously you throw it out of bounds and go for it on 4th down. That punk Mallet couldn't throw for 300 yards sitting at home on his couch playing Madden.

Indy is the most over-hyped and over-rated team in football. Living large again off an AFC South which just plain sucks.

Hass is better than Luck lol! I told my friends this was a revenge game for Andre. Wish I had called it here, would have had a nice little dap session.

How long has Crennel been DC of the Texans? Yes, he faced one of the best OCs in the game, but that defense is bad. Obviously, it isn't Colts-bad, but it's bad.

Hilton pushed off on that clinching catch. I've got not probs with a great WR making a savvy play like that, but they called it on Hopkins earlier erasing a long gain. On the throwing the ball penalty dude was pulling on his jersey long after he'd stepped out of bounds. I've seen refs blow those things off, especially late in games. Again, am impartial here but there were some bad calls and non-calls against Houston.

Oh and that job is Hoyer's. Period. I guess they could only take so much of Mallett's suckage, at least Hoyer was going down the field taking shots. I'll take that guy anyday. He probably didn't see that defender masked behind the receiver. Obviously you throw it out of bounds and go for it on 4th down. That punk Mallet couldn't throw for 300 yards sitting at home on his couch playing Madden.

Indy is the most over-hyped and over-rated team in football. Living large again off an AFC South which just plain sucks.

The crew was not very good - they also missed an OPI on one of Hasselbeck's TD's (rub route with too much pick too late).

Call on Hopkins was right, but I agree with the your point that it's pretty understandable that Nuk was annoyed; if he keeps looking up to Andre, he'll learn to reign that in. On Hoyer's pick, a hilarious tweet from Barnwell:

"Pretty rare to see an NFL quarterback throw a pass and wonder if the DB should have called for a fair catch "

That was very Hoyer (and very Texans against the Colts - along with the unnecessary penalties, which is not all of them). I'd still take him over Mallet as well, but to your point about the Colts, that defense is way worse than it looked last night. Vontae is probably still hurt, which means we have zero DB's. The guy who was faceguarding his teammates on the HoyerMary? Our NUMBER TWO CORNER. People have been quite HAPPY to have him back...because it's so much worse after him. Only way to ever pressure is blitzes, and not-awful QBs will eat this defense alive. The OC, Manusky, is brilliant at masking the talent weaknesses, but you can only compensate for lack of talent so much.

I hear ya Mick
I liked that Pagano went for the throat on 4th down and got the FG.

He's learning. He's actually been learning. He may have been taught by the same dumb school that taught guys like Fox, but he actually learns.