Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Jeremy Langford and Mike Davis - Next Man Up RB's

As we know, a lot of RB's bit it yesterday, providing opportunity for the next man up. A lot of fantasy teams now need RB help BADLY. We all know how valuable DWill will be now, so let's focus on lesser known commodities that we might be able to snag.

Mike Davis is now the defacto RB in SF with Bush and Hyde out. He is a rookie and former Gamecock, who is 5'9" and 217. He has 25 carries for an amazing 24 yards this season, including going 10/4/0 and giving up a safety after Bush went down. He also has 5 receptions for 23 yards. SF is a dumpster fire, and it is pretty hard to get very excited about his prospects. Perhaps someone could provide some more insight.

Jeremy Langford now assumes RB duties in Chicago, assuming that Forte misses time....which seems very likely. He is a rookie out of Michigan State who is 6'0" and 208. He is a fast dude, running a 4.42-40. He has 27 carries on the year for 80 yards (3 ypc), including 2 TD's. Only 2 receptions. The bears are pretty inept themselves, but do have Cutler and Ashlon healthy, which will help. Seems like there could be some upside here.

Neither guy invokes much excitement, but every year it seems a no-name gets their chance due to injury, and takes full advantage (Bryce Brown, etc). Anyone have any hope for either one of these guys, or have any addition info that could be helpful?

Davis hand is broken, hes not going to be an option I dont think. Hyde will either play or be back after the bye. Langford I like for a few games. Excellent flex fill in.

Davis hand is broken, hes not going to be an option I dont think. Hyde will either play or be back after the bye. Langford I like for a few games. Excellent flex fill in.

Davis was also just downright awful this year before the hand injury, by all reports. If Hyde, a legitimate talent, can't do much worthwhile on that team, Davis is worse than a shot in the dark. He'd be a shot in the dark when you're holding the gun the wrong way.

If Davis can't go, then who else do they have to tote the rock in SF? They got rid of the rugby guy, and rumors abound that Hyde could miss exrended time.

I like Jay Ajayi

What are the chances he gets any playing time? Loved him in Boise.

Not sure but is cleared to play possibly this week. Was ranked third top rb rookie being Gurley and Gordon before injury. Could be a cheap investment now. You never know.

Langford looked solid on his 12 touches for 46 yrds. He should be in for a heavy workload (15+ touches) if Matty22 sits. However, beware: Jacquizz Rogers could split time too.

I had an eye out for JL at training camp in Bourbonnais this summer; he's a bigger back than K'deem Cary (and of course JR) and showed some sweet hands on check downs. (He had some experience as a WR at MSU which is a positive). He passed the eye test to me; but looked blah running btwn the tackles and danced a lot: then again -it was only training camp. Note: Rogers got a lot of playing time in pre season and looked good too.

JL's upside is an RB2 or decent flex play.

Langford looked solid on his 12 touches for 46 yrds. He should be in for a heavy workload (15+ touches) if Matty22 sits. However, beware: Jacquizz Rogers could split time too.

I had an eye out for JL at training camp in Bourbonnais this summer; he's a bigger back than K'deem Cary (and of course JR) and showed some sweet hands on check downs. (He had some experience as a WR at MSU which is a positive). He passed the eye test to me; but looked blah running btwn the tackles and danced a lot: then again -it was only training camp. Note: Rogers got a lot of playing time in pre season and looked good too.

JL's upside is an RB2 or decent flex play.

Jacquizz is on IR, this is Langford's show.

• Like 1