Sign in to follow this  
LSUtiger

Sneaky week 9 starts: TEN WRs vs. the Saints

Kendall Wright looks like he'll miss week 9 with a sprained MCL, and Harry Douglas is still out. That leaves Justin Hunter and probably Dorial Green-Beckham as TEN's starting WRs v. a terrible Saints pass D.

In a game where TEN will almost assuredly be trailing and throwing a ton, and Mariota back on the field, both Hunter and Green-Beckham become intriguing options with huge garbage time point potential.

Is this Green-Beckham's long-awaited breakout game?

They will probably treat DGB as the no 2 and as a saints fan I Can say Browner is prolly the worst and most burnable CB in the league right now. So good call

Justin Hunter has been getting most snaps. His stat line is similar to Kendall Wright (60+ percent catch rate, 12+ yards a catch), but he's gotten half as many targets. I picked him up to stash, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think Titans will use Hunter to move the chains and take big shot plays with DGB. Wild card is Harry Douglas. Easily most experienced receiver remaining, but he's played poorly this season.

Only guy on Titans you can confidently start is TE Delanie Walker. Would shock me if he didn't see most targets against Saints.

They seem very hesitant to give DGB a high number of snaps. Not sure how they will avoid it this week, but all the coach talk seems to speak to them not feeling he is ready still. I have been keeping my eye on his progress all year to see if he'll be ready to be a difference in the fantasy playoffs.

This is boom or bust if ever there was such a thing.

New coach, unproven rookie who was being held back, bad defense, star QB back. This could be huge, or explode in your face.

I like it.

New coach, unproven rookie who was being held back, bad defense, star QB back. This could be huge, or explode in your face.

I like it.

Not quite as boom or bust as Martavis Bryant though :nono: as one mediocre week with a rusty qb proved.

I like it.

Exactly. If you're gonna go down, may as well go down swinging!

This all of course hinges on both Wright and Douglas being out this week. The latest on Douglas is he "plans to practice" this week...

When has Hunter ever really came through and lived up to his billing ? . But it's a good match so let's see what happens .

They seem very hesitant to give DGB a high number of snaps. Not sure how they will avoid it this week, but all the coach talk seems to speak to them not feeling he is ready still. I have been keeping my eye on his progress all year to see if he'll be ready to be a difference in the fantasy playoffs.

FWIW:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10395/dorial-green-beckham

Things may be a bit different with the new HC. Putting Dorial in your lineup is still a dart throw... but it's a very intriguing dart throw

FWIW:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10395/dorial-green-beckham

Things may be a bit different with the new HC. Putting Dorial in your lineup is still a dart throw... but it's a very intriguing dart throw

Could change things but we have heard that line all year from the previous regime also. Something isn't right there that they haven't given this kid more of a shot whether it being an attitude problem, lack of understanding the playback, etc. Should be interesting to see. I'm not particularly great at darts so I wouldn't want to take that chance this week. Having him as a bench stash is a different story.