Sign in to follow this  
wezvidz

Keeper League stash plays-thinking 2016

Question to pose to ya'll.. I'm commish in a 12 team keeper league where you can keep an individual player for 2 years as a keeper, and they move up 2 draft spots from where they were drafted each year (ie if I got Gurley in the 5th this year, he would be a 3rd rounder next year, a 1st rounder the next year). Can't keep anyone drafted in first 2 rounds obviously then.

It's a 16 man roster so bench has 7 spots. My team is pretty loaded and I have backups for all positions so I feel pretty solid. We treat undrafted players like a 14th round pick so they move up to a 12th the next year. I think this is kind of suboptimal but don't know a better way to treat this.

Regardless, I saw one of the smarter players in our league grab Jordy right after the draft and he's wasted a bench spot on him all year so far so as to keep him as a 12th rounder next year. I was lucky enough to grab Kelvin Benjamin for the same reason.

Who else might fit the mold for a "stash" play like this? I may have another bench spot to spare and am wondering if the likes of Kevin White or David Cobb are worth it.

Last year at the end of the season I had an idea Gore may retire so I grabbed Hyde and he was a great late round keeper that I've since traded away. Looking for plays like this.

I'm burning a bench spot for Rawls. Loved what he did when Lynch was out and suspect he could be in for a big year next year.

• Like 1

Gordon!!

Id imagine a Duke Johnson, Gordon, Travis, Barnridge group of pass catchers getting the ball from Matt Stafford behind a good o-line and new coaching staff would be an offense immediately serious enough to bring fantasy goodness our way..

Gordon will be back next year and hopefully stays a while and gets back to his usual dominant self...

I've got Duke on my roster.

Problem is guys like Barnidge and Travis are already rostered. This is more looking at guys out for the year that may be big next year or, more importantly, "backups" that will become starters next year. That's what I scored with grabbing Hyde late last season. He had little value except as a handcuff but was the clear RB1 for SF after Gore left.

Is the consensus thought at this point Rawls is Lynch's successor when Lynch retires (next year?)?

I'm burning a bench spot for Rawls. Loved what he did when Lynch was out and suspect he could be in for a big year next year.

Cretins stole my thunder! That was who I was gonna suggest.

Ha ha ha I've been waiting on Lynch to fall off for years. Wouldn't bet against him though I am impressed with Rawls.

Matt Jones

Jeremy Langford

Osweiler in Denver. Dude has a rifle, that offense may be better THIS year with him.

Depending on Carr's progress keep an eye on his rookie TE Clive Walford.

Regardless, I saw one of the smarter players in our league grab Jordy right after the draft and he's wasted a bench spot on him all year so far so as to keep him as a 12th rounder next year. I was lucky enough to grab Kelvin Benjamin for the same reason.

Who else might fit the mold for a "stash" play like this? I may have another bench spot to spare and am wondering if the likes of Kevin White or David Cobb are worth it.

I did the same with Kelvin in my keeper league, have been sitting on him. But the guy who owned Keenan Allen dropped him last week, and I am very tempted to swap them out. Anyone hurt and dropped in your league?

Depending on price settings (FAs cost essentially nothing in my league), I like WR2s with upside - Kelvin, Watkins, etc. Watkins seems hurt a lot, but he makes plays while hurt, and played through broken ribs last year. His ankle will probably be gimpy all year - no chance to heal, and he's tough.

For RB, those named; particularly Langford and Rawls. Jones is a maybe - have him rostered.

Ha ha ha I've been waiting on Lynch to fall off for years. Wouldn't bet against him though I am impressed with Rawls.

Matt Jones

Jeremy Langford

Osweiler in Denver. Dude has a rifle, that offense may be better THIS year with him.

Depending on Carr's progress keep an eye on his rookie TE Clive Walford.

Time to let go of Latavius (as a keeper)? I can keep again for a 21st, but hard to look away from Kelvin, Watkins, Carr, maybe even Jones (depending on how year plays out, though Jones seems unlikely to be better). Seems like his ceiling isn't too far above his (decent) floor. His vulnerability to head-hunting is also concerning (started him against KC last year, and man...that was a nasty hit - hopefully he learns to protect himself).