Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

General Motors paid China 904 million

In taxes, and paid the U.S. 5 million. Nice job Obama. Trump is going to have a field day with this. Oh yeah, GM plans on importing a Buick built in China to the U.S. in 2017. And there is a question why Trump has traction?

In taxes, and paid the U.S. 5 million. Nice job Obama. Trump is going to have a field day with this. Oh yeah, GM plans on importing a Buick built in China to the U.S. in 2017. And there is a question why Trump has traction?

Why is Trump going to change this when his own company builds stuff in China? He is pro big business, which means he wants all of us regular middle class people to have less to benefit the rich. Plain and simple.

Trump supporters want the corporate tax rate raised? You mentioned trump twice so that is the conclusion I am drawing.

Trump supporters want the corporate tax rate raised? You mentioned trump twice so that is the conclusion I am drawing.

Wrong conclusion. Not a Trump supporter. But I do think he brings up some good points

Why is Trump going to change this when his own company builds stuff in China? He is pro big business, which means he wants all of us regular middle class people to have less to benefit the rich. Plain and simple.

You see no problem with this?

Guys...he is not a Trump supporter...he just defends every little thing...praises Trump for something like this (despite Trump making money out of China) and whining about Obama now.

Wrong conclusion. Not a Trump supporter. But I do think he brings up some good points

Increasing the effective tax rate on corporations seems like a democratic rallying cry. Won't increasing the tax rate on GM have a negative effect on jobs?

Guys...he is not a Trump supporter...he just defends every little thing...praises Trump for something like this (despite Trump making money out of China) and whining about Obama now.

Shouldn't republicans be happy with a low corporate tax rate. Why are they blaming obama, they should be trying to take credit for it and saying that this helps with jobs.

You see no problem with this?

No i do. I dont want Trump in office at all. The only candidate who gives enough of a fock to change this is Bernie imo. People get scared that we may have to pay more in taxes to go toward education. I assume they would rather keep pillaging the education funding in this country while simultaneously bltching about how dumb people are.

Increasing the effective tax rate on corporations seems like a democratic rallying cry. Won't increasing the tax rate on GM have a negative effect on jobs?

Why? Maybe profits, but why jobs? Are people going to want/need to buy less cars because GM pays taxes? How come GM pays all those taxes to China? You're not a little perturbed by this? Wow.

No i do. I dont want Trump in office at all. The only candidate who gives enough of a fock to change this is Bernie imo. People get scared that we may have to pay more in taxes to go toward education. I assume they would rather keep pillaging the education funding in this country while simultaneously bltching about how dumb people are.

I agree, but you have to admit, Trump is the one bringing this to the forefront, and I for one am glad some attention is being paid to it.

I agree, but you have to admit, Trump is the one bringing this to the forefront, and I for one am glad some attention is being paid to it.

No, actually Trump is a fvckwit and a fraud.

Bernie Sanders, however, is bringing this stuff to the forefront :thumbsup:

Trump is bringing it to the forefront because he knows it gets people riled up. Bernie brings it to the forefront because he actually wants to change it. Trump is a big business guy. Why would he all of a sudden be pro middle class when he can make big business stronger for when he is out of office?

• Like 1

A 5% or 10% change in the U.S. corporate tax rate won't do much difference when companies can pay workers $5 (or less) per hour in emerging market countries... in crummy-condition factories with zero benefits.

No, actually Trump is a fvckwit and a fraud.

Bernie Sanders, however, is bringing this stuff to the forefront :thumbsup:

Of course Bernie is, but I think Bernie is more well known for attacking Wall Street(good) and the cost of education. I think if you asked most people they would say Trump has made this his centerpiece as far as economics go.

Of course Bernie is, but I think Bernie is more well known for attacking Wall Street(good) and the cost of education. I think if you asked most people they would say Trump has made this his centerpiece as far as economics go.

Maybe but he's full of sh1t. A wolf in a retarded sheep's clothing

A 5% or 10% change in the U.S. corporate tax rate won't do much difference when companies can pay workers $5 (or less) per hour in emerging market countries... in crummy-condition factories with zero benefits.

I get that, that's why GM is there, plus there are a billion plus people living there, potential customers. But our system is so rigged that GM can get away with 5 million vs 904 million? Come on.

Why? Maybe profits, but why jobs? Are people going to want/need to buy less cars because GM pays taxes? How come GM pays all those taxes to China? You're not a little perturbed by this? Wow.

I do not think America's corporate tax rate should be raised. I am a fiscal conservative, less spending, less taxes.

Trump is a rino if he is stating corporate tax rates should be raised.

I do not think America's corporate tax rate should be raised. I am a fiscal conservative, less spending, less taxes.

Trump is a rino if he is stating corporate tax rates should be raised.

Forget Trump. You don't see a problem with this? You don't see it as proof that we do get our ass kicked on trade with other countries?

Forget Trump. You don't see a problem with this? You don't see it as proof that we do get our ass kicked on trade with other countries?

I do not think america should raise corporate taxes.

I think it would drive them to do more business overseas.

So they won't sell their goods in the U.S.? And how bad are our corporate tax rates if they only paid 5 million and GE paid nothing? Drive them overseas? Agiain, they paid CHINA 904 million. Taxes haven't stopped them from doing business there

So they won't sell their goods in the U.S.?

It just means they will not bring foreign profits back to the US, which means less investment is US resources.

I am providing my opinion. I think lower corporate tax rates are generally good for the economy. Do not worry, I would not expect a liberal like you to understand my point of view.

It just means they will not bring foreign profits back to the US, which means less investment is US resources.

I am providing my opinion. I think lower corporate tax rates are generally good for the economy. Do not worry, I would not expect a liberal like you to understand my point of view.

Again, how much lower do you want them to go when freakin GM only pays 5 million? You know what an effective tax rate is, right?

Race to the bottom.

May be unavoidable though :(

Please tell us how President Obama caused this situation.

Please tell us how President Obama caused this situation.

The deal he made with GM when we bailed them out was too generous. But the way we do business with other countries was in place before he became president, but he hasn't done anything to correct it. Our failures in international trade has many Fathers.

Again, how much lower do you want them to go when freakin GM only pays 5 million? You know what an effective tax rate is, right?

I saw that post you deleted, I was wrong when I posted about the price of oil and I have admitted I was wrong numerous times.

I went back and read the post you referred to. I was not even quoting you in that post. I quoted Moz. I do not understand why you are upset about a couple posts I made years ago that I did not even direct towards you. Unless of course you are Moz and are pissed about me calling you out for not paying me my winnings.

I saw that post you deleted, I was wrong when I posted about the price of oil and I have admitted I was wrong numerous times.

I went back and read the post you referred to. I was not even quoting you in that post. I quoted Moz. I do not understand why you are upset about a couple posts I made years ago that I did not even direct towards you.

I deleted it because it was unnecessary. Just as your coment about a liberal like me not being able to understand was. Quite arrogant if you ask me, and unprovoked. But I decided to keep it civil.

I deleted it because it was unnecessary. Just as your coment about a liberal like me not being able to understand was. Quite arrogant if you ask me, and unprovoked. But I decided to keep it civil.

Too be honest I always thought this alias was Phurfur or RP, I do not pay to much attention i guess. That is where the liberal comment came from. RP or Phurfur calling for the raising of corporate taxes is just too good to be true.

I take my comment back as I seem to remember you as not being a hard core republican.

I do not think Beernuts is incorrect in his opinion to raise corporate taxes because I hold alot of respect for him as a welder and a poster. Although I still hold my opinion that corporate taxes should not be raised.

I just thought you were someone else, I apologize.

Too be honest I always thought this alias was Phurfur or RP, I do not pay to much attention i guess. That is where the liberal comment came from. RP or Phurfur calling for the raising of corporate taxes is just too good to be true.

I take my comment back as I seem to remember you as not being a hard core republican.

I do not think Beernuts is incorrect in his opinion to raise corporate taxes because I hold alot of respect for him as a welder and a poster. Although I still hold my opinion that corporate taxes should not be raised.

I just thought you were someone else, I apologize.

No sweat.

Race to the bottom.

May be unavoidable though :(

Yep. Even if we LOWER corporate taxes we still may lose business to other countries. Countries whose government has a lot of control and can make specific deals with companies depending on who it is. Bottom line is we Americans make more than anyone in the world on average right? Well we are up there at least. Its always going to be cheaper to hire workers from countries like China. Unless something is done to force companies to use American workers, i dont know if anyone can really change the current path.

Yep. Even if we LOWER corporate taxes we still may lose business to other countries. Countries whose government has a lot of control and can make specific deals with companies depending on who it is. Bottom line is we Americans make more than anyone in the world on average right? Well we are up there at least. Its always going to be cheaper to hire workers from countries like China. Unless something is done to force companies to use American workers, i dont know if anyone can really change the current path.

If we were to raise corporate taxes, that means these companies won't sell their goods to the number one economy in the world? And if you're worried about them moving jobs overseas, why can't we just say if you do that we are going to tax the hell out of anything you want to sell here, like China and Japan and others do to us?

If we were to raise corporate taxes, that means these companies won't sell their goods to the number one economy in the world? And if you're worried about them moving jobs overseas, why can't we just say if you do that we are going to tax the hell out of anything you want to sell here, like China and Japan and others do to us?

Where did i say that? I think we should raise them and we should tax foreign goods. That post was just saying it may be inevitable that we lose a large chunk of jobs.

Well you have to have faith that it's short term pain for long term gain. That we take a hit while the rest of the world rises up and that eventually that rising tide catches up to us too.

I don't have that faith but what is the alternative? I would love to hear one. Even a guy like Bernie Sanders who I absolutely 100% believe in, he can't tell us. Yes I know he hates NAFT and TPP but what is the alternative???

Where did i say that? I think we should raise them and we should tax foreign goods. That post was just saying it may be inevitable that we lose a large chunk of jobs.

I was asking, not being contrarian

I went back and read the post you referred to. I was not even quoting you in that post. I quoted Moz. I do not understand why you are upset about a couple posts I made years ago that I did not even direct towards you. Unless of course you are Moz and are pissed about me calling you out for not paying me my winnings.

Moz didn't pay you, either?

He owed me a hat a couple years back.

No hat.

:dunno:

Well you have to have faith that it's short term pain for long term gain. That we take a hit while the rest of the world rises up and that eventually that rising tide catches up to us too.

I don't have that faith but what is the alternative? I would love to hear one. Even a guy like Bernie Sanders who I absolutely 100% believe in, he can't tell us. Yes I know he hates NAFT and TPP but what is the alternative???

We have to have some leverage with China, Japan and S Korea, they sell to us and buy almost nothing we make here. I guess with China it's hard in some instances , because of all the American companies like Apple that make their goods there. China can claim they aren t selling them to us, Apple is. And Japan does make some cars here, but it's way out of balance. At some point we have to do what they do, and keep them out and tax what they bring in.