Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Anyone trade/trade for 1.01 rookie pick pre-draft?

Has anyone made early deals involving the 1.01 rookie pick this year? I am involved in trade discussions and wondering what the current market value is pre-draft.

Has anyone made early deals involving the 1.01 rookie pick this year? I am involved in trade discussions and wondering what the current market value is pre-draft.

If I had the 1.01, there's no way I'd even consider moving it pre-draft. Should Elliott end up on a team like the Eagles, rookie fever will forever be a thing of the past, and the Zeke-a virus will be all the rage

• Like 1

If I had the 1.01, there's no way I'd even consider moving it pre-draft. Should Elliott end up on a team like the Eagles, rookie fever will forever be a thing of the past, and the Zeke-a virus will be all the rage

and how much would zeke be worth if he goes to the eagles? very bad nickname by the way.

Zeke-a virus, lol..............nice!

The thing I Iike most about Elliott is the bust potential seems very, very low. I don't think there are holes to poke in his game. I think the risk side of the equation is minimal which I love and the reward side is large in the right situation though perhaps some expectations may be too high if guys are thinking pinball numbers no matter the circumstance. I don't think Elliott is necessarily an elite creator of yards on his own.

Shoutout to Doug on the write up and the Lamar Miller comp which is excellent, in addition to running tougher inside Elliott may be a bit more adaptable (IQ?) which is even more important now with teams cycling staffs regularly.........team success breeds movement of staff, failure breeds movement of staff, nobody has any patience........... and even in places where the head coach sticks for awhile no matter how the team plays (looking at you Jeff Fisher) the OC still often changes as the scapegoat.

All that said I personally wouldn't hesitate to trade the 1.01 because Elliot is still a RB and may not be one that transcends situation. It seems RBs are so much more susceptible to injury and their performance more dependent on how a teams season rolls to a greater extent than WR, QB, or TE. Positional length of career difference between RB and WR is also a powerful argument in favor of allocating the asset differently.

I am a believer that one still needs RBs to win regularly, its just that when it comes to a large chunk of value, I rather be invested elsewhere unless I have a team that is already stacked. Fill in with RBs as needed when the time comes. I do not own the 1.01 anywhere this year so maybe its easier to say this, its definitely easier to say this here where my league mates will see it, but If I had the 1.01 and could trade it for a young WR from the 2nd tier I would do it and be very satisfied about it no matter how brightly Elliott shines in year 1. Brandin Cooks straight up?.....gimme. Add something to 1.01 to get Cooper or Watkins?....without a 2nd thought. Luck plus a little?....I'm your guy. Davante Parker, Dorial Green-Beckham, Kevin White, or Donte Moncreif plus another pick this year or solid 2017 compensation?...... Roster dependent but definitely listening.

I agree, and would hold off trading the pick until the actual draft. That first week of may, i think that rookie fever is at its highest imo.

Get feelers out there now, then go for the overpay in another month or so.

I do like Zeke alot. The only thing I don't like about him, isn't even his fault. I have a personal bias against big ten rb's. I realize that's a really crappy evaluation of the kid, but my rankings are alittle looney sometimes.

I myself wouldn't draft him, but I'd never talk anyone out of it either. Because quit frankly, I don't have any good reason not to say take him.

1.01 is gold. Don't trade it till after the draft when values will be greater. Trade it by all means if you like, but wait till after the draft.

I wasn't involved in the deal, but in my 14 team dynasty league, 1.01 was traded for Le'Veon Bell recently.

I wasn't involved in the deal, but in my 14 team dynasty league, 1.01 was traded for Le'Veon Bell recently.

Wow That's Crazy.

Basically this is a bet that the player they are picking will be better than Bell.

Hate to say it, but this is a high risk move. Bell is a proven commodity and a first overall pick may eventually be that good, but there is a fair chance that they will not ever be that good.

The odds that this move pays dividends immediately is slim.

Bell for 1.01 makes sense if Bell was that team's best player and they were intent on rebuilding.

That guy absolutely stole Bell.

Kudos

• Like 1

Yeah................ to me that one is difficult to justify as evenish, lopsided win for the new Bell owner IMO. I get what you are saying Ralphster about maybe rebuild, younger player, etc but realistically if that were the scenario I'd have to advise taking the value of Bell in terms of other assets............. and probably multiple other assets to build upon rather than the 1 player at 1.01.

Just because its uneven looking at it now, doesn't mean there is no way it turns out well, maybe Bell doesn't come back the same from his injury, maybe Bell hits FA next yr and ends up in a poor situation, maybe the 1.01- Elliott or Treadwell hit their ceiling projection. I can see the path, and I wish that owner luck. Its like playing a poker hand to hit on an outside straight though to me. If you're going to toss Bell back should have better better ways to go to find the winner.

• Like 1

While I wouldn't necessarily have traded Bell for 1.01 myself, there are some red flags surrounding Bell obviously. As good as he is, in his 3 pro seasons, he has only played 16 games once, and he is coming off both a torn MCL and PCL and only just began running again a few weeks ago. Does anyone really know how he is going to come back from the injury at this point? Sure, youth is on his side, but when I was trying to acquire Bell myself, these are some of the points I was making in an attempt to drive the asking price down. The Bell owner in my league made up his mind that he was trading Bell and was hellbent on moving him one way or another, as he had made several offers to league members. Still, I would have held out for a better offer, and 1.01 would have been the starting point for negotiations, not the ending point, if it were me trading Bell away.

Bell for 1.01 makes sense if Bell was that team's best player and they were intent on rebuilding.

I can see that, but to be the devils advocate here, do you not think Bell is young enough that you can do a rebuild with him at the center?

Hard to say Ray. The injuries were mentioned, but he is still quite young and in a good system for his talents. I'd have wanted more than 1.01 for him but how much more is in the eye of the beholder.

Hard to say Ray. The injuries were mentioned, but he is still quite young and in a good system for his talents. I'd have wanted more than 1.01 for him but how much more is in the eye of the beholder.

That's a fair comment.

I also would have wanted more. If I had to figure out exactly how much more I'd have to do some thinking, but I do think that was a high price to pay for the first pick in the rookie draft.

It's a 14 team dynasty league. So that's bigger than I play. I'd also be curious to hear the roster size, and the starting requirements also.

That would definitely play in my decisions. Also is it ppr? All that stuff matters to accurately assess the trade.

It's a 14 team dynasty league. So that's bigger than I play. I'd also be curious to hear the roster size, and the starting requirements also.

That would definitely play in my decisions. Also is it ppr? All that stuff matters to accurately assess the trade.

If its assumed that Elliott is being taken at 1.01 its a RB for RB deal, probably not much of the league requirements matter.

If the plan is to potentially take a WR then maybe........but if WR is the plan then I'm even more perplexed why there wasn't a better alternative.

If I owned Le'Veon and got offered the 1.01 straight up for him, I'd likely consider not looking at a subsequent offer from that owner for a minimum of one month.

If I owned Le'Veon and got offered the 1.01 straight up for him, I'd likely consider not looking at a subsequent offer from that owner for a minimum of one month.

As the owner of Leveon Bell in both dynasty leagues, i would have cut off communication with many owners and for longer than a month. Wayyyy longer.

I agree with you, but that isn't what I asked. I just asked the value based on any trades that may have happened. I am on the other side. The guy with 1.01 is shopping it to me.

I agree with you, but that isn't what I asked. I just asked the value based on any trades that may have happened. I am on the other side. The guy with 1.01 is shopping it to me.

Well, has he asked for anything?

i do not and will not over pay for any player who has never played in the nfl.

however someone will over pay for 1.1 every time. no one who has ever had 1.1 in rookie draft i have participated has ever won a league i am in. i have been playing dynasty for over a decade and its a weird factoid. you have a 1.1 in dynasty league im in, in a rookie drafts, you will never win a title. has nothing to do with me, its just a strange thing i noticed in all my dynos.

As the owner of Leveon Bell in both dynasty leagues, i would have cut off communication with many owners and for longer than a month. Wayyyy longer.

You go boys! 1.01 is no more than a down payment for Bell!

1.01 straight up should only buy Bell's handcuff, Dwill! :D

however someone will over pay for 1.1 every time. no one who has ever had 1.1 in rookie draft i have participated has ever won a league i am in. i have been playing dynasty for over a decade and its a weird factoid. you have a 1.1 in dynasty league im in, in a rookie drafts, you will never win a title. has nothing to do with me, its just a strange thing i noticed in all my dynos.

I agree. people overpay for this pick more often than they should.

The fact that nobody has ever won after drafting with 1.1 is not surprising really.

if you have 1.1 in the draft there is a very good chance that you finished in last place the year previous.

and one player (even a stud) isnt likely to turn that around in only one year. What I find interesting is that some people think that the 1.1 pick will completely turn around their franchise.

the truth is, if you hit on the pick it will provide a foundation to build around. but if you mismanage your team, it will still be crappy.

http://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2016/adp

Zeke (who is considered as of right now) is the number one pick. At his current ADP in 12 team PPR leagues, he's being drafted around Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, and Lamar Miller.

So that's the talent level that you should be comfortable giving up for it.

• Like 1

Last years rookie draft 1.01 owner came in 2nd place to last year rookie draft 1.03 owner, me.

no one who has ever had 1.1 in rookie draft i have participated has ever won a league i am in.

That's not an outlier though for a lot of leagues. It could be indicative of the owner(s) themselves. Owners with Watkins and/or Gurley/Cooper could certainly be setting themselves up with a phenomenal building block(s) for the future. In-season management in dynasty is probably the most overlooked aspect, yet one of the most vital

That's not an outlier though for a lot of leagues. It could be indicative of the owner(s) themselves. Owners with Watkins and/or Gurley/Cooper could certainly be setting themselves up with a phenomenal building block(s) for the future. In-season management in dynasty is probably the most overlooked aspect, yet one of the most vital

Absolutely. You could argue that in season management quite often makes or breaks redraft leagues as well.

if injuries happen or players emerge who weren't high draft picks (as they sometimes do) it's a matter of grabbing that emerging talent (or finding a player to hold the fort until your injured player returns)

I'd argue that this is as important as the draft (or auction as the case may be)

it's not very often the winning team has the exact same roster they had at the start of the year. It does happen, but not as often as we think.