Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 1 & 2 Commentary - August 10-Team PPR Mock **

I can see Bryant being too risky, but I don't see what's not to like about Marshall

For me it's the fact that he's getting older and he's on the Jets. I know it worked well for him last year and he seems to do well on every team but these are still things that stick out to me. These are not HUGE concerns but they still stay on my mind.

Because Bell Got High :music_guitarred:

(One of the few RBs who can challenge the elite WRs in terms of PPR points-per-game production. I'll lose a little ground early in the season in the hopes that Bell can help me gain a few lengths as we head into the homestretch towards the playoffs.)

Bell was a debate for me in the 2nd round. I am usually a believer in balance to a team, so being able to secure a top 5 ppg producer at RB is a nice advantage.

That's been right around where Bell has gone thus far in the few MFL10's I have ongoing. Outstanding value if he can stay healthy. Just gotta ride the four games where you won't have him.

I was eyeing Bell Toons so thanks for taking the pressure off of worrying about the first 4 games. But then I was faced with another dilemma of who to select next between three players I have ranked high on my board neck-and-neck.

I decided to go with Keenan Allen. IMHO if he stays healthy this year, I think he will finish as a lock top 5 WR.

That's been right around where Bell has gone thus far in the few MFL10's I have ongoing. Outstanding value if he can stay healthy. Just gotta ride the four games where you won't have him.

I actually took Bell in the second of one of my drafts. I then took Williams very early in the 5th, but I didn't want to chance waiting until late in the 6th to see him go. I figured if I can guarantee top rb production from my 2nd and 5th draft picks then I am doing well. Especially when the points are auto totalled.

I actually took Bell in the second of one of my drafts. I then took Williams very early in the 5th, but I didn't want to chance waiting until late in the 6th to see him go. I figured if I can guarantee top rb production from my 2nd and 5th draft picks then I am doing well. Especially when the points are auto totalled.

The only concern I have with that strategy is that your spending a 5th round pick. There is the possibility Williams gets more of the pie this year and they lighten Bell's load to keep him healthy (IRRC he hasn't played a full year yet) down the stretch for the playoffs.

I seriously considered taking Bell in the 2nd as well. Seemed like so huge upside but I just didn't like the downside either. Pretty happy with my two RBs.

I was eyeing Bell Toons so thanks for taking the pressure off of worrying about the first 4 games. But then I was faced with another dilemma of who to select next between three players I have ranked high on my board neck-and-neck.

I decided to go with Keenan Allen. IMHO if he stays healthy this year, I think he will finish as a lock top 5 WR.

Truth be told, I had been leaning towards Keenan Allen as it became my turn to go on the clock. Then I decided to be bold. And it matches real life as he'll be one of my keepers this year.

The only concern I have with that strategy is that your spending a 5th round pick. There is the possibility Williams gets more of the pie this year and they lighten Bell's load to keep him healthy (IRRC he hasn't played a full year yet) down the stretch for the playoffs.

I agree, but also if you can get guaranteed elite production where waivers aren't allowed, I think it's critical. So many 5th round picks bust anyway and put up minimal point totals.

I agree, but also if you can get guaranteed elite production where waivers aren't allowed, I think it's critical. So many 5th round picks bust anyway and put up minimal point totals.

Waivers aren't allowed? Wow that's different.

Waivers aren't allowed? Wow that's different.

In a best-ball format, such as an MFL10 this is the case. However, even in a re-draft...how often can a 5th round player give you top-tier production for a quarter of the fantasy season at minimum? Those four games, by themselves, could ultimately help a team make the playoffs.

I just feel spending two high picks on one position doesn't make it a lock for RB1 production for the entire season as you feel it does.

But I'm not saying it's a terrible strategy either. It could very well be worth it. And I like the boldness of the picks.

I just feel spending two high picks on one position doesn't make it a lock for RB1 production for the entire season as you feel it does.

But I'm not saying it's a terrible strategy either. It could very well be worth it. And I like the boldness of the picks.

Oh and if there are no waivers...I like it even more.

If this was a live draft robb's pick is one of those that make you hit something and scream "Damn!" Count me as a Jordy believer this year, he's high on my list. I'll take Robinson though, even though he won't replicate last year's TD numbers, he's still the primary target.

If this was a live draft robb's pick is one of those that make you hit something and scream "Damn!" Count me as a Jordy believer this year, he's high on my list. I'll take Robinson though, even though he won't replicate last year's TD numbers, he's still the primary target.

I think that was my exact proclamation when I saw that you had selected Mark Ingram.

I can't get behind Jordy. I think there are too many risk factors that outweigh the reward. JMHO he could blow up. ;)