Sign in to follow this  
montana

Judging by the lack of conversation...

Funnily enough, I've actually started to feel the desire to start a dynasty league that is RB heavy (.25 a carry, no PPR for WR, .5 PPR tight ends). I love watching running backs, particularly good ones, over a long course of time.

Might have to think about getting wheels on the ground for a league like that...

PPR made sense when fantasy first started where every pick in the first two rounds was running back. It helped balance the WR RB positions a little bit. Now it almost has the opposite effect, with the only saving grace being it gives certain the 3rd down backs some value.

Wholeheartedly agree. It's why the Giovanni Bernards are more valuable than the Jeremy Langfords

PPR made sense when fantasy first started where every pick in the first two rounds was running back. It helped balance the WR RB positions a little bit. Now it almost has the opposite effect, with the only saving grace being it gives certain the 3rd down backs some value.

RBBC is number 1 reason for WRs being so valuable. Was a time I could draft 3 RBs and expect 25 carries. Second is you cant touch a QB nowadays so hard to make them nervous passing the ball.

Serious fantasy players don't play in 10 team standard re-draft leagues.

Are you serious?

Total BS.

When people toss out blanket statements like this, well, it shows a general lacking of thought. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is in the settings! If you have a 10 team redraft league that plays, for example, 2 QBs 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, a kicker, a Defense, and 5 IDPs with a limited bench, how exactly is that not serious?

I just the holier than thou attitude of people here at times. "I love fantasy football....but I won't watch anything on TV about it because I know more than they do and I could never learn anything at all or ever even be entertained by it." And, "No league that is not exactly like my 50 year, 64-team, dynasty league with a million dollar buy-in is a 'real' league" crap.

Oh, and we ALL win every league every year.

BS nonsense.

Are you serious?

Total BS.

When people toss out blanket statements like this, well, it shows a general lacking of thought. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is in the settings! If you have a 10 team redraft league that plays, for example, 2 QBs 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, a kicker, a Defense, and 5 IDPs with a limited bench, how exactly is that not serious?

I just the holier than thou attitude of people here at times. "I love fantasy football....but I won't watch anything on TV about it because I know more than they do and I could never learn anything at all or ever even be entertained by it." And, "No league that is not exactly like my 50 year, 64-team, dynasty league with a million dollar buy-in is a 'real' league" crap.

Oh, and we ALL win every league every year.

BS nonsense.

Hear, Hear

Sure but I said 10 team standard which on ESPN is 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, no flex. That's what ESPN shows are focused on. Your average question answered on those shows is "which 2 should I start out of Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin and Matt Forte?"

I'll retract the PPR part. My point was the thin 10 team leagues where anyone can pick up a rankings 5 minutes before a draft and there's very little separation in teams (your very casual FF player who is drunk by round 10 and stops caring who they pick... is paying no attention to what T.Pryor is doing right now or has never heard of E.Swoope) is far less interesting to someone on FFToday.

I watched about 8 hours of that ESPN infomercial. I regret that I'll never be able to reclaim those eight hours of my life :(

Sure but I said 10 team standard which on ESPN is 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, no flex. That's what ESPN shows are focused on. Your average question answered on those shows is "which 2 should I start out of Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin and Matt Forte?"

Fair enough on that one.

Other than fftoday, what other sites do you guys love to pull info from?

I like fantasypros.com. The articles aren't great, but each player has a list of different articles from various websites. It's an easy way to see different opinions and why certain people are drafting or avoiding someone in a draft. If you want real indepth websites, some of the articles on the players will have links to the other websites which go into a little more detail. Also, their draft simulator is about as useful as any mock draft on ESPN or the other websites, but only takes about 5 minutes. So it may not be great but if nothing else it's a decent way to kill 5 minutes.

Yep. PPR is unnecessary now that there are so few workhorse backs. Back in the day it was simple. Draft LT or marshall faulk or priest holmes - win league.

Yep. PPR is unnecessary now that there are so few workhorse backs. Back in the day it was simple. Draft LT or marshall faulk or priest holmes - win league.

This