Sign in to follow this  
Hype_Train252

Receivers offsetting QBs

Well my opponent has Brady (good lord save me from his wrath) and I have Malcolm Mitchell. I have two WR spots and a flex I need to fill my options are Amari Cooper, Ted Ginn, Cameron Meredith, Malcolm Mitchell, Robby Anderson, Taylor Gabriel and Kenneth Dixon. Don't know who to play in all honesty. Am settled on Mitchell because he could possibly offset Brady's production. Is Mitchell a definite play for me because my opponent has Brady? Any opinions on what 3 to start?

PPR

Anderson

Ginn

Cooper = hate this pick. But I'm going with him over or other options.

Non ppr

Ginn

Gabriel

Dixon.

PPR

Anderson

Ginn

Cooper = hate this pick. But I'm going with him over or other options.

Non ppr

Ginn

Gabriel

Dixon.

I should've specified that is was standard league but thanks a lot. And Happy Holidays.

I am never one who plays someone to try to cancel out opponents player. I would go with my gut on who the best 3 are. If one is Malcolm Mitchell than go with it.

• Like 1

If it is that close I would go for the cancel out method but only if it is that close. If one player you clearly like better take him no matter what.

Thanks for all your input guys. I don't tend to go with the cancel out theory just thought I could hear it from people that have experience with it. Decided to go with Gabriel, Mitchell and Dixon.

If I had used the cancel-out theory last week, I would have won.

I had a choice of Brees @ ARI, or Rivers v OAK. I chose badly - and I also didn't notice my opponent slide in Brandin Cooks @ FLEX on top of it.

If I had used the cancel-out theory last week, I would have won.

I had a choice of Brees @ ARI, or Rivers v OAK. I chose badly - and I also didn't notice my opponent slide in Brandin Cooks @ FLEX on top of it.

There was no choice to make there. Brees all day, every day. Cancel-out theory is bullshit. Always go with your best plays and Stephen Davis.

There was no choice to make there. Brees all day, every day. Cancel-out theory is bullshit. Always go with your best plays and Stephen Davis.

It's easy to make the argument in retrospect. I've played Rivers over Brees several times this year; this is first time it was the wrong choice.

It's easy to make the argument in retrospect. I've played Rivers over Brees several times this year; this is first time it was the wrong choice.

I don't think it's retrospect - it's consensus. I did a quick flip through various week 15 rankings and most have Brees solidly ahead while a few had Rivers ahead. I can understand wanting to roll the dice but I'd say it was 70/30 that Brees would outscore Rivers. I wouldn't call that a wrong choice - you just got unlucky.

I don't think it's retrospect - it's consensus. I did a quick flip through various week 15 rankings and most have Brees solidly ahead while a few had Rivers ahead. I can understand wanting to roll the dice but I'd say it was 70/30 that Brees would outscore Rivers. I wouldn't call that a wrong choice - you just got unlucky.

Yup. I used my gut, which has served me well through the year. It's guessing, and this was a close enough one that if I had considered my opponent's lineup (and I stupidly didn't), it would have thrown the decision to Brees, and I would have won. It's all I was really saying, and a great example of how the 'cancel-out' theory should work.

It's not for decisions that are obvious; it's for those which aren't.

Go with the best to fill the spots

If this isn't apparent then

1. look at matchups. Which player more likely to score

69. then I may consider the block the other guys starter B...S...

All this stated, how likely is it really that Brady is going to feature your guy.

NE is notorious for doing the opposite of the previous week, unless your a health Gronk with no competition at WR for receptions.