Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Cabo San Lucas

I am thinking about going Marlin Fishing in Cabo in October. Any hotel or charter service recommendations?

We stay at the Marquis. Smaller resort but really nice.....get the ocean front rooms. They have a bar crawl twice a week.....not many shows but we never go anyway...so it's a little more quiet place.

Lola's massage in the marina. Totally sketchy...but $25 hour long massages.

Also check out

http://www.loscabosguide.com/discounts-vouchers/

Get some really good discounts.

Sunset Mona Lisa for a nice dinner.....pretty amazing views, great food.

Sounds awesome, but I cant offer any help. Good luck.

Sounds awesome, but I cant offer any help. Good luck.

Thanks. I have a bunch of vacation to use and I haven't been marlin fishing in a long time. Plus a friend of mine and his wife are going. He wants me to go at the same time so his wife will let him play golf.

• Like 1

Thanks. I have a bunch of vacation to use and I haven't been marlin fishing in a long time. Plus a friend of mine and his wife are going. He wants me to go at the same time so his wife will let him play golf.

Sounds like a perfect vacation, man. :thumbsup:

Oh man, we are doing 5 nights all inclusive at a freakin 5 star Hyatt resort in September. All inclusive means all food and drinks already paid for and we can just walk into any of the 9 restaurants and eat/drink whatever we want. Also it was ridiculously cheap, something like 700 per person. Ever ate or drank for 7 days? It's 700 a person just for that usually! Including flights the trip is a ridiculously cheap 1800 or so...for 5 nights all inclusive at a 5 star resort...For perspective, we stayed at a 3.5 star Riu palace resort a few years ago and it was freakin awesome. So this is even better, I can't wait.

Oh man, we are doing 5 nights all inclusive at a freakin 5 star Hyatt resort in September. All inclusive means all food and drinks already paid for and we can just walk into any of the 9 restaurants and eat/drink whatever we want. Also it was ridiculously cheap, something like 700 per person. Ever ate or drank for 7 days? It's 700 a person just for that usually! Including flights the trip is a ridiculously cheap 1800 or so...for 5 nights all inclusive at a 5 star resort...For perspective, we stayed at a 3.5 star Riu palace resort a few years ago and it was freakin awesome. So is is even better, I can't wait.

Isn't the Hyatt a family resort? A buddy stayed at Riu earlier this year and really liked it. I also think I want something closer to San Lucus. I like Cabo Wabo.

Isn't the Hyatt a family resort? A buddy stayed at Riu earlier this year and really liked it. I also think I want something closer to San Lucus. I like Cabo Wabo.

I just know it's 5 stars. Riu was awesome and had some of the best pools I have seen. The food was good but hit or miss mostly. Reviews say Hyatts food is among the best so that's exciting.

we went to cabo twice over 20 years ago. stayed at a westin property about 10 minutes out of town. very good experience. no recommendations for you in town. while we enjoyed cabo, you are there for the right reasons....marlin fishing. cabo was a quick flight from the bay area, but my preference is for the caribbean side (yucatan and south). i hope you have a blast.

in the future, check out ixtapa/zihuatanejo

Make sure you eat at Salvatores.....the best Italian food ever......I've stayed at Tesoro and Finnesterra....both nice......Tesoro is on the Marina....also check out the small bars behind the Cabo Wabo....Jungle Bar is one of them....cheap booze !!!

unfortunately, both times we visited, we were hit by hurricanes. they were anniversary trips (early september)...both times evacuated. we enjoyed the area but decided to go during different months in the future.