Sign in to follow this  
Mile High Magic

Dorsett

It's a very interesting question.

I have a feeling that he will get some playing time, but how much production is a different issue.

If you have the room on a ff roster and don't have limits on transactions I would give him a look.

Thanks for the question.

I think he's an okay stash but I'd be surprised if he produced a ton this week. Dude just got there. Has to learn offense, build rapport with Brady etc.

They need pass catchers but I suspect they'll lean on the RBs and TEs for now

I think he's an okay stash but I'd be surprised if he produced a ton this week. Dude just got there. Has to learn offense, build rapport with Brady etc.

He also never did jack in Indy, with a pretty talented QB throwing the ball. I'm a Hogan owner, and I'm not terribly worried about Dorsett at the moment. I am starting Hogan enthusiastically this weekend.

He also never did jack in Indy, with a pretty talented QB throwing the ball. I'm a Hogan owner, and I'm not terribly worried about Dorsett at the moment. I am starting Hogan enthusiastically this weekend.

I hate to tell you, but Hogan kinda sucks.

He can get behind the defense for big plays when they forget about him.

But if he's one of the main guys, I don't think he can hack it.

Guess we'll find out though

I hate to tell you, but Hogan kinda sucks.

He can get behind the defense for big plays when they forget about him.

But if he's one of the main guys, I don't think he can hack it.

Guess we'll find out though

Thing is, Brady has made a career turning guys who actually kinda suck into meaningful players. I mean, in reality, Julian Edelman isn't all that great of a receiver. I never thought Wes Welker was actually as talented, in the grand scheme of wide receivers, as his production indicated. Brady has been surrounded most of his career by mediocre WR talent.

I don't need Hogan to be great. I need him to be the Patriots' kind of mediocre :)

Thing is, Brady has made a career turning guys who actually kinda suck into meaningful players. I mean, in reality, Julian Edelman isn't all that great of a receiver. I never thought Wes Welker was actually as talented, in the grand scheme of wide receivers, as his production indicated. Brady has been surrounded most of his career by mediocre WR talent.

I don't need Hogan to be great. I need him to be the Patriots' kind of mediocre :)

Yeah but he's not a fearless, shifty little underneath guy with great route running skills. Those are the less talented guys Brady makes great.

Yeah but he's not a fearless, shifty little underneath guy with great route running skills. Those are the less talented guys Brady makes great.

Nah, I see Hogan as a guy Brady can make great, if Brady and Hoodie decide the game plan should go that way. You don't have to be super-open to be open when Brady is throwing to you, so you don't have to have amazing separation skills and route running. One of the two is enough. They just have to decide that they want to throw to you. And, slowly but surely, they may be getting forced to look to Hogan. <finger tenting> The plan will hopefully come together.

Or, if not, I'll kick him back to the bench. But against the Saints, with Amendola hurt, I'm rolling him out.

Dorsett never seemed to understand the position and know how to take advantage of his physical gifts. I think of it kind of like when Brandon Lafell came to NE; people just thought that Brady would make him into a stud because he's more athletic than most of the guys that NE has had.

And that didn't work out we all know.

Could it be different for Dorsett? Maybe.

Is he worth a speculative add? Sure, anybody with reasonable upside is. If it doesn't work out, you can just drop him for some other upside flier.

But do I really think he is going to be different than what he was in Indy? Probably not.