Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Ty Montgomery

I would hold.

I dropped him.

I think once Rodgers is taken out of the equation, GB is a very pedestrian offense at best.

They're o-line is sub average and they're starting a QB with virtually no in game experience.

That means defenses can be more aggressive in ways they couldn't before with Rodgers there.

So if you take off the Rodgers glasses and just look at the offense in that scope...would you really want to invest in the #2 RB in a committee on that team?

That's when it clicked for me that he'd droppable.

Does Hundley need a "dump off" guy? If so, is Montgomery that guy? or is it one of the WRs? Cobb?

Or are we basically saying the whole team is done because of the Rodgers injury?

Does Hundley need a "dump off" guy? If so, is Montgomery that guy? or is it one of the WRs? Cobb?

Or are we basically saying the whole team is done because of the Rodgers injury?

I wouldn't say "done," but I don't like investing in these low upside options. I'd put him in the same boat with guys like Forte, Powell, R Kelley, Blounte (before Ajayi trade)...guys that can get you a comfortable 5-7 pts if you need it in a pinch, but offer very little upside for more. I don't like investing in guys like that.

I'd rather drop him and use my bench for guys with more upside that could grow into every week must start players if reasonable things fall into place. As a Monty dropper, my bench currently has E Sanders, C Davis, Woodhead, Morris, D Henry, G Olson. Once this last bye week is over and I have more flexibility, I'll make sure to pick back up Ekeler to handcuff to Gordon, and if I happen to come across another spare roster spot I'd still rather look to use that on another handcuff like Foreman, Breida or Connor before taking a low upside RB like the guys I mentioned above.

Monty or some of those others will prob outscore most of my bench on a given week, but that's not what the goal of your bench should be if you're looking to be a contender. It's for upside guys that can supercharge your starters and insurance to cover your studs.

That's my opinion at least.

I wouldn't say "done," but I don't like investing in these low upside options. I'd put him in the same boat with guys like Forte, Powell, R Kelley, Blounte (before Ajayi trade)...guys that can get you a comfortable 5-7 pts if you need it in a pinch, but offer very little upside for more. I don't like investing in guys like that.

I'd rather drop him and use my bench for guys with more upside that could grow into every week must start players if reasonable things fall into place. As a Monty dropper, my bench currently has E Sanders, C Davis, Woodhead, Morris, D Henry, G Olson. Once this last bye week is over and I have more flexibility, I'll make sure to pick back up Ekeler to handcuff to Gordon, and if I happen to come across another spare roster spot I'd still rather look to use that on another handcuff like Foreman, Breida or Connor before taking a low upside RB like the guys I mentioned above.

Monty or some of those others will prob outscore most of my bench on a given week, but that's not what the goal of your bench should be if you're looking to be a contender. It's for upside guys that can supercharge your starters and insurance to cover your studs.

That's my opinion at least.

Pretty much this. People would argue Aaron Jones is better now without Rogers... that's silly talk.

You want to invest in top offense or at least top garbage points offense.

Guy was a decent start, then got rib injury. 1 day your Cinderella, the next your Cruella. Guess we will see if Jones is a flash in the pan or next years hot meal.

You need to get Aaron Jones for the rest of the year if you can buy him low before this sunday

Dropped him in standard and I have Drake and Stewart instead. Thinking about dropping Drake or Stewart for Rod Smith now. So I'd take those guys over Ty.