Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Crazy to drop Alex Smith for Hundley

I have Big Ben in one league and wanna use him weeks 15 and 16. Had Smith all year but now he looks pretty awful and Hundley seems a little bit more comfortable and has two plus matchups in TB and then Cleveland. Seems scary to do it in the next two pivotal weeks

It's an idea worth kicking around seeing that Smith has been the QB22 and QB19 since coming off the bye. But then I saw that Smith gets the Raiders at home for wk14.

I might still do it, but it's a lot closer now. The nice thing is that you have a week to do more scouting on Hundley and Smith.

Oh....and I love Ben for wks 15-16.

I think it's a good move.

Thats why I wanted Smith for 14 and Ben 15-16. Good make a run material with that

It's an idea worth kicking around seeing that Smith has been the QB22 and QB19 since coming off the bye. But then I saw that Smith gets the Raiders at home for wk14.

I might still do it, but it's a lot closer now. The nice thing is that you have a week to do more scouting on Hundley and Smith.

Oh....and I love Ben for wks 15-16.

Smith owner, I picked up Big Ben about 3 weeks ago for a bye week replacement, little did I know what was to come. I was thinking the same thing you guys are, liked Alex for week 14, and then go Big Ben for the playoffs, however I clinched my division last week, so I'm just rolling Big Ben out there. I still like Alex at home vs the Raiders, that is, if he doesn't flop again this week and get the hook.

What does anyone think about just this week for this pair?

I've been starting Smith, and he's really only had 2 down weeks recently. He put up 263/2 against Dallas in week 9, which wasn't bad. That was his 5th highest score of the season in my league's scoring. I picked up Huntley this week as insurance, though.

But I'm gun-shy--last week I benched Marvin Jones for Josh Doctson based on Marvin's tough matchup, and I benched AP for D Booker based on performance trends too. Got burned on both, lost the matchup.

I've been riding Smith, two bad weeks. They both have good matchups. I'm wary of plugging in another guy for my starter and watching my starter go off.

Thoughts?

What does anyone think about just this week for this pair?

I've been starting Smith, and he's really only had 2 down weeks recently. He put up 263/2 against Dallas in week 9, which wasn't bad. That was his 5th highest score of the season in my league's scoring. I picked up Huntley this week as insurance, though.

But I'm gun-shy--last week I benched Marvin Jones for Josh Doctson based on Marvin's tough matchup, and I benched AP for D Booker based on performance trends too. Got burned on both, lost the matchup.

I've been riding Smith, two bad weeks. They both have good matchups. I'm wary of plugging in another guy for my starter and watching my starter go off.

Thoughts?

It's so hard to figure this one out. Hundley's last 3 games were against Chicago, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. All tough. Now he gets Tampa, Cleveland, and Carolina. Then he will get killed by Minni in week 16.

So was Pitt just a fluke? Well, Tampa sucks so I wouldn't have a problem playing him or Adams. Or both.

Smith is still ok. It was the Giants and Buff games that make one feel like "What?". Is it him or Reid? But the Jets are not much better than Tampa at defending the pass.

This may sound weird but I almost think that Hundley may more be the better floor, but Smith with the better upside.

Good luck man. Toss a coin maybe?

I still think it's a good move.

It's so hard to figure this one out. Hundley's last 3 games were against Chicago, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. All tough. Now he gets Tampa, Cleveland, and Carolina. Then he will get killed by Minni in week 16.

So was Pitt just a fluke? Well, Tampa sucks so I wouldn't have a problem playing him or Adams. Or both.

Smith is still ok. It was the Giants and Buff games that make one feel like "What?". Is it him or Reid? But the Jets are not much better than Tampa at defending the pass.

This may sound weird but I almost think that Hundley may more be the better floor, but Smith with the better upside.

Good luck man. Toss a coin maybe?

That's more or less what I've come to as well--Hundley with the floor and Smith with the ceiling.

So I think this is my plan--if things go like I fear, then benching Alex Smith will cause him to blow up, thus righting the Chief's ship, and thus helping my guys Kelce and Hunt, and keeping Smith relevant heading forward. I'm still predicted to win this week by a lot--even if I have to put in one of my two Browns WRs for AB, and even putting in Hundley for Smith. And worst-case, I still make the playoffs if I lose.

I'm going Hundley. And then, for the AB situation...I may go Josh Gordon!

So I think this is my plan--if things go like I fear, then benching Alex Smith will cause him to blow up, thus righting the Chief's ship,

All y'all Chiefs owners...you are welcome. :D

Ive thought of that. Its that damn raiders week 14 matchup that keeps me holding onto him. Got Big Ben too

Here is the million dollars answer... drop Alex Smith for Patrick Mahomes. If they loss this week, that might be a reality.