Sign in to follow this  
edjr

2019 owesies and sh1t (money)

Two things:

1. Running a league where you make some new people pay but give others a free pass is horsesh!t.  

2. I have used PayPal a grand total of 5 times in my life.  On 2 of those occasions, I sent money to geeks.  After both those times, my credit card number was stolen and used to make amazon purchases. Not sure what the connection is but I’m done with PayPal for good.  

Speaking for myself if any geek feels like they were treated unfairly when asked to join the league I would have no problem that geek getting a "free season" to make up. Would rather have happy owners above all. That said I don't think anyone was deliberately cheated, each year is different, teams that get taken over differ in quality, revolving door at commissioner, etc. Honestly I'm surprised this ship has stayed afloat as long as it has. 

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Two things:

1. Running a league where you make some new people pay but give others a free pass is horsesh!t.  

Only one team was given an exemption....that was MTSkibum when he took over Gocolts team.  Gocolts had ruined that team and traded the next few years of draft picks away.  We had to give incentives to get an owner.   RaidersHaters was NOT given anything by the league...the previous owner, Patweiser, paid for the two years.

2. I have used PayPal a grand total of 5 times in my life.  On 2 of those occasions, I sent money to geeks.  After both those times, my credit card number was stolen and used to make amazon purchases. Not sure what the connection is but I’m done with PayPal for good.  

Obviously I don't remember any of the details from prior years, thanks GB for the above.

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

It's still horsesh!t.  

just to let you know.....I have only been commissioner for about a month now, so was not my doing :cheers:

trying to sort through all this sh!t has been a bit nightmarish.

Just now, Gypsybrat said:

just to let you know.....I have only been commissioner for about a month now, so was not my doing :cheers:

trying to sort through all this sh!t has been a bit nightmarish.

I understand.  

If anyone is upset about their team sucking and feels they deserve their fees covered, just quote this post and say so, then I'll cover your fees this year. Then Gypsy can add anything you've already paid to your winnings.

I'm not rich or anything, but if $50 causes stress for anyone, I don't really want that this particular year.

4 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

If anyone is upset about their team sucking and feels they deserve their fees covered, just quote this post and say so, then I'll cover your fees this year. Then Gypsy can add anything you've already paid to your winnings.

I'm not rich or anything, but if $50 causes stress for anyone, I don't really want that this particular year.

tia :wave:

9 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

9 hours ago, kutulu said:

tia :wave:

El Padrino payment of $50 for Kutulu received.