Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Bowflex Selecttech 1090

Sweet!!  I've been looking for a pair of these for awhile!  Got these 200-400 off depending on sale price... seem brand new and go up to 90 lbs each.

Anyone use these or 552's?

I've been watching for awhile and had been going to start buying heavier weights as I'm finding dumbells much easier on my shoulders than straight bar.

Gonna replace my old hex iron set in the garage...

Screenshot_20190209-154509_Facebook.jpg

Have both sets, they are the best in the biz for adjustable dumbbell sets. Almost 10 years, no issues.

• Like 1

That looks like a fine way to go. 

I did six months of three days in the gym, and five days a week on dumbbells at home at night. I was getting ready to go after Blue Fin tuna. 

I think kettlebells are the way to go. I read about how the Russian weight lifters punked the U.S.back in the 60's Olympics. It was the kettlebells. 

A common young male kettlebell weight is 35 pounds. I got a 25 pounder, then I saw a completely ripped young guy on youtube, who used a 10 pound bell. 

You get strength, flexibility, and cardio. no gym membership,. or dedicated space required. Just don't ram one into a knee cap or drop it on a floor. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Reality said:

Have both sets, they are the best in the biz for adjustable dumbbell sets. Almost 10 years, no issues.

Thats what I've read... I looked at them awhile ago.. but was curious as to durability.  Everything I'm reading right how is saying exactly what you are.. 10 years.. zero problems.. love them.

9 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I did six months of three days in the gym, and five days a week on dumbbells at home at night. I was getting ready to go after Blue Fin tuna. 

I think kettlebells are the way to go. I read about how the Russian weight lifters punked the U.S.back in the 60's Olympics. It was the kettlebells. 

A common young male kettlebell weight is 35 pounds. I got a 25 pounder, then I saw a completely ripped young guy on youtube, who used a 10 pound bell. 

You get strength, flexibility, and cardio. no gym membership,. or dedicated space required. Just don't ram one into a knee cap or drop it on a floor. 

I have 25# & 45# kettlebells... they will absolutely smoke you.

• Like 1

I have the 552's and I love them.  They are great for my shoulder.

I would definitely recommend getting a nice bench to go with them.

• Like 1

I have had the 552s for a few years. Love them and have no regrets. 

My one piece of old man advice that may or may not apply to the more vigorous and disciplined weight lifter:  Spend the $60 or whatever it is and buy the stand for them as well. I initially didn’t, but then went back and did so. I feel like I use them twice as much now because I often do a set or two just because I walk by them and they are grabbable, whereas I wouldn’t do that when I had to get them off the floor. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

I didn't know Tim Ferris posted here.

Sold my iron hex dumbell set today... 8 -> 40 lbs + rack for $300... tons of buyers.  I undersold a bit but didn't want to piecemeal it out and wanted them gone.  I had an extra 2 xtra sets of 20's and xtra set of 30's I picked up someplace I threw in too.  Some dude got a smokin deal.

I think I'm gonna use a lil bit to pick up the bowflex stand Christandidilious recommended.  I'm of an age I'll throw out  my back bending over to reach for a weight I haven't even touched yet!  😄

20190209_200055.jpg

• Like 1