Sign in to follow this  
shalna

Help selecting keepers!?

12 team 2 keeper league .5ppr. I need to select two keepers. The cost of each keeper is a round ahead of where they were selected the previous year. If continuously kept then the cost goes up by one round every year. This is new in our league so id like some input. Here is my options and the rounds that it would cost me this year if i kept whatever 2. Now if i two players with the same round are kept, then one of them would advance an extra round. so if two 2nd rounders were kept, one would cost a 1st and the other would cost a 2nd

James Conner-undrafted would cost me a 17th 

JUJU-2nd round

Dalvin Cook-1st round

Damien Williams-went undrafted would cost me a 17th 

Travis Kelce 3rd round

Beckahm JR-1st

After my projection of who each team keeps. I should be picking 5th overall.Top available 
DJ,Julio,Beckham,Keenan Allen,Cook,Fournette,Mike Evans, plus whoever I don’t keep 

after that I’m picking 11th out of 12

I would keep Conner and Williams(provided Williams finally gets to practicing this upcoming week, keep your eye on that situation, he hasn't practiced In like 4 days or something) , since Williams is basically free. Either that or Conner and Kelce, since you think you may have a shot at Cook and ODB with your first pick anyway.  Good luck !!

Juju and Kelce. 

1 hour ago, FantasyRetard said:

Top TE and Top 5 WR, I would think the explanation is self-evident.

Not when you take into account the cost of the two compared to Conner and Williams costing me my last two round picks GENIUS. Clearly you’ve never played in a league like this 

In fact, neither have you.  But, allow me to elaborate.  Reports out of Pittsburgh is that we could see a running back by committee approach with Samuels and even Snell getting opportunities.  There was a report today that the Steelers are really liking Samuels development in the passing game.  This devalues Conner, who many are picking as a RB1.  Williams has been hurt all of training camp and according to Andy Reid, Carlos Hyde has looked very good in practices.  The possibility that this devolves into a RBBC or even Hyde passing Williams increases every day that Williams misses camp.  Now, if you want to use your Keepers on guys who may only partially produce, please go ahead.  But, Kelce is being drafted in the Top 12 in many leagues and JuJu is a Top 10 WR.  How's this for explaining my thinking?

12 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

Top TE and Top 5 WR, I would think the explanation is self-evident.

Exactly 

9 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

In fact, neither have you.  But, allow me to elaborate.  Reports out of Pittsburgh is that we could see a running back by committee approach with Samuels and even Snell getting opportunities.  There was a report today that the Steelers are really liking Samuels development in the passing game.  This devalues Conner, who many are picking as a RB1.  Williams has been hurt all of training camp and according to Andy Reid, Carlos Hyde has looked very good in practices.  The possibility that this devolves into a RBBC or even Hyde passing Williams increases every day that Williams misses camp.  Now, if you want to use your Keepers on guys who may only partially produce, please go ahead.  But, Kelce is being drafted in the Top 12 in many leagues and JuJu is a Top 10 WR.  How's this for explaining my thinking?

And you know I haven’t how? Also I’m a die hard Steelers fan and it’s not going to be a RBBC buddy. Did you not see what Conner did last year? Going to use more two rb sets and Samuels more in the passing game. That doesn’t equate to a rbbc but I forgot you follow the team 😅. Also you think Hyde mr.3 yards a carry is a serious threat? 🤦🏻‍♂️. Here’s the thing pal by keeping Conner and Williams. I then pick 5th overall meaning more than likely I get back either juju or Kelce at 5. Considering the other teams are likely to take DJ,Julio,Beckham then either juju or Kelce. Leaving me with one or the other. And I also keep all my picks 

2 hours ago, shalna said:

And you know I haven’t how? Also I’m a die hard Steelers fan and it’s not going to be a RBBC buddy. Did you not see what Conner did last year? Going to use more two rb sets and Samuels more in the passing game. That doesn’t equate to a rbbc but I forgot you follow the team 😅. Also you think Hyde mr.3 yards a carry is a serious threat? 🤦🏻‍♂️. Here’s the thing pal by keeping Conner and Williams. I then pick 5th overall meaning more than likely I get back either juju or Kelce at 5. Considering the other teams are likely to take DJ,Julio,Beckham then either juju or Kelce. Leaving me with one or the other. And I also keep all my picks 

You know, when you post here asking for advice, the typical response when someone posts their thoughts is, "Thank you".  It's not arguing the facts.  Keep your guys.  I don't care how your team does.  Good bye.

5 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

You know, when you post here asking for advice, the typical response when someone posts their thoughts is, "Thank you".  It's not arguing the facts.  Keep your guys.  I don't care how your team does.  Good bye.

Hahahahaha so anybody that makes a post for others insight, means they’ve never played in a fantasy league before? You’re a bit on the stupid side I see lmfao. Don’t reply to a quoted reply that wasn’t directed at you next time you idiot 🤣

2 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

So, you result to name calling.  Just shows your age.  As I said, I could care less how your team does.

What you get when you don’t think before you speak 

Six years and your first post was yesterday? Did you just get out of jail?

• Like 1

I think this is a "no brainer" keeper question but wanted to get some more opinions.  I'm in a 10 team PPR league, we can select 1 keeper from the previous season and lose the draft pick for the slot that player was taken the previous year.  I ended the year with Kerryon Johnson and Kenny Golladay on my roster.  Neither were selected in last years draft so I would only have to default my last round selection (16th round).  I'm assuming that Kerryon is the "no brainer", but still waiver on Golladay. 

Ppr I would keep Golladay, it’s more likely you can get Johnson back.  

Look at Golladay ADP.  

He’s thw one to keep.