Sign in to follow this  
Redlegs

Trade for Bell?

First of all would you trade for Leveon Bell? If so what could I offer for him? Some of my players are Lockett, Galloday, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, and Dorsett. My RB's that I could trade are Mixon, Damien Williams, and Breida. Who could I trade to get Bell? Thanks for your help!!!

I would trade for Bell. I’m not sure anyone’s taking what you have to offer though. 

If I’m the Bell owner no way I’m swapping him for one player. You could try Mixon at a push if the guy is desperate with Bell on a bye but I think you’ll need to package him with a WR

They all seem like a good deal for you, but unless the Bell owner really needs a wr they won’t make that deal with you. 

18 hours ago, Redlegs said:

First of all would you trade for Leveon Bell? If so what could I offer for him? Some of my players are Lockett, Galloday, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, and Dorsett. My RB's that I could trade are Mixon, Damien Williams, and Breida. Who could I trade to get Bell? Thanks for your help!!!

I tried trading for Bell this morning.  The owner wanted Ju Ju and my 1st round rookie pick (dynasty) next season.  Ummm, no. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I tried trading for Bell this morning.

I traded for Bell this morning--and I wasn't even trying.

Background:  This is a 16 team PPR league, with 5 pt bonuses for 100, 150, and 200 yards.  Start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Superflex, 1 K, 1 D.

The draft was held on July 31, and during the preseason, I lost a $20 RB in Lamar Miller, leaving me with Chris Carson, Chris Thompson, Giovani Bernard and Darren Sproles at RB.  Despite the fact that both Chrises have been top 20 PPR RBs thus far, this is clearly my thinnest position.  However, I am also one of the few teams to have 3 starting QBs--Winston, Stafford and Flacco.  I get solid offers for Flacco from QB-hungry teams on the reg.  I was hoping that once I had used Flacco for my starters' bye weeks (5 and 7), I could trade him for some kind of credible RB option to cover the Chrises' bye weeks (10 and 11), and provide some legitimate depth in case Thompson makes his annual trip to IR in the second half of the season.

My WRs and TEs are killer, even for a smaller league, but in this 16 teamer, they are magnificent.  I have two top-6 TEs in Olsen and Hooper, and 4 top-15 WRs in Kupp, Lockett, Evans and Fitzgerald, with Julian Edelman also likely to finish the season in the top 20.

Last week I outscored all 15 other teams in the league by 50 points.

The Trade:  This morning, I wake up to a trade offer of Le'Veon Bell and D.K. Metcalf for Greg Olsen and Larry Fitzgerald.

I'm not REAL excited about having both Lockett and Metcalf, but in weeks where Edelman is healthy, I won't have to start Metcalf anyway--and who knows?  He might just become Seattle's top WR by the end of the year, so he kind of handcuffs Lockett in that sense.  Fitzgerald has benefitted from two games where he feasted in garbage time, but being on pace for 1350 yards and 11 TDs right now, I have to think I'm selling Fitz high.  I don't like losing Olsen, but I still have Hooper--and I checked--Ben Watson is a free agent.

And of course I'm getting Bell--and probably buying low on him right now too.  He just had his worst game of the season, with Darnold sidelined, and he's going into his bye week.  When Darnold gets back, I'm adding a top 5-ish RB to my already dominating lineup.

So I pulled the trigger, and then dropped Darren Sproles for Ben Watson, making the full transaction Bell, Metcalf and Watson for Sproles, Fitzgerald and Olsen.

I don't get a whole lot of trade offers that appeal to me, but I think this one was just what I needed to secure another Championship.