Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Trade Help

I send scary terry

i get Michael gallup

1pt ppr

im entertaining it Bc Terry’s qb situation is a circus and Gallup seemed to be firing until he got hurt and seems to be about to return.

thoughts?

Wow.  Good question you present.  My thoughts:  McLaurin will fall down some with either McCoy or the rookie at QB.  Gallup will get quite a few looks as you've seen their offense take a dip without him.  That being said, I think it's about a wash.  I don't think Gallup is going to help you any more than McLaurin. so I may stick with Terry.  For me, it's difficult to give away a guy who will be the clear #1 option on a team always playing from behind vs. a #2 (even tho he was leading in targets) on a team who will run when they have a lead, even if I am a Gallup fan. 

I actually made the trade. That owner is wishy washy and was in.

i basically moved from terry and his unknown qb situation to Gallup who is in a top 10 offense and who was somehow leading the team in targets until he got hurt. I also like hell never draw the top corner.

I like the move. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Wow, I dunno if I would have traded a top 10 PPR WR for a top 25 PPR WR straight up like that.

I guess you think McLaurin's college QB forgot how to throw him the ball?

Live and learn, I guess...

Key is his old college Qb, one never knows if that will indeed translate into the pros, it’s a good trade. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Key is his old college Qb, one never knows if that will indeed translate into the pros, it’s a good trade. 

It doesn't happen very often, if at all--and right off the top of my head, I can't think of another instance of a college QB and WR both starting as rookies for the same NFL team--but at least you know they already have some familiarity and chemistry with each other's styles and tendencies.

26 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Wow, I dunno if I would have traded a top 10 PPR WR for a top 25 PPR WR straight up like that.

I guess you think McLaurin's college QB forgot how to throw him the ball?

Live and learn, I guess...

I think it’s not college and every look at Haskins we’ve seen in the pros has been a dumpster fire.

1 minute ago, SexyRexy said:

I think it’s not college and every look at Haskins we’ve seen in the pros has been a dumpster fire.

All one of them?  lol

If he sucks, they'll probly go back to Keenum, who we KNOW can riff with McLaurin, and if Haskins is better than Keenum, then that's even better for McLaurin.

So really the only losing scenario for McLaurin is the improbable one where Haskins continues to complete only about 50% of his passes and throws 3 INTs to 0 TDs per game, yet somehow continues to start every remaining game.

But that's the scenario you're betting on...

38 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

All one of them?  lol

If he sucks, they'll probly go back to Keenum, who we KNOW can riff with McLaurin, and if Haskins is better than Keenum, then that's even better for McLaurin.

So really the only losing scenario for McLaurin is the improbable one where Haskins continues to complete only about 50% of his passes and throws 3 INTs to 0 TDs per game, yet somehow continues to start every remaining game.

But that's the scenario you're betting on...

All of them. Looked the exact same in preseason. He’s just not ready and why colt mccoy is even in the mix which leads to my next point.

and that’s not the only losing scenario. Colt McCoy says hi. As does the fact gruden could be fired any second and we have no idea what comes next. As does the the fact on top of this all he has a brutal schedule coming up. Point is terry is quickly going to turn into a guy where owners say “should I play him? Idk who’s the qb this hour? Who are they playing?” And we’ve seen gruden make changes mid game which makes all of this impossible to project forward.

meanwhile Gallup was leading the cowboys in targets before he got hurt, is a clear primary portion of their offense, and is in a good one at that.

this time in 2 weeks their values will have flipped.

3 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

All of them. Looked the exact same in preseason. He’s just not ready and why colt mccoy is even in the mix which leads to my next point.

and that’s not the only losing scenario. Colt McCoy says hi. As does the fact gruden could be fired any second and we have no idea what comes next. As does the the fact on top of this all he has a brutal schedule coming up. Point is terry is quickly going to turn into a guy where owners say “should I play him? Idk who’s the qb this hour? Who are they playing?” And we’ve seen gruden make changes mid game which makes all of this impossible to project forward.

meanwhile Gallup was leading the cowboys in targets before he got hurt, is a clear primary portion of their offense, and is in a good one at that.

this time in 2 weeks their values will have flipped.

Well, opinions vary...

Unfortunately, only one of them is Axe Elf's.

I would of done the trade. Gallup was Dak's favorite target before he got hurt...So the only real question is can he stay healthy in the FF playoffs.

1 hour ago, RabidSeaCows said:

I would of done the trade. Gallup was Dak's favorite target before he got hurt...So the only real question is can he stay healthy in the FF playoffs.

Yeah. I’m trying to turn around and flip Gallup marvin Jones and Chris Thompson for Brandin cooks and Tevin.

If it happens cool if not cool.

1 hour ago, SexyRexy said:

Yeah. I’m trying to turn around and flip Gallup marvin Jones and Chris Thompson for Brandin cooks and Tevin.

If it happens cool if not cool.

I wouldn't do that either, but you seem hell-bent on doing That Which Axe Elf Would Not at every turn.

This has historically been a losing strategy, but your mileage may vary.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I wouldn't do that either, but you seem hell-bent on doing That Which Axe Elf Would Not at every turn.

You said half your teams are BestBall leagues.  With no trading, no lineups to set and NOTHING even remotely close to managing a team involved, who are you to give anyone advice?  Just 4 weeks ago you bashed me for drafting McLaurin and Dalvin Cook.  How can anyone, especially an Elf, give anyone on this board advice?  You aren't an Elf.  You're a Troll. 

Just now, oldtimer said:

You said half your teams are BestBall leagues.

You really need to pay better attention.  I have repeatedly reported that I have 5 DraftMaster leagues and 15 managed leagues.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

With no trading, no lineups to set and NOTHING even remotely close to managing a team involved, who are you to give anyone advice?

I'm Axe Elf, duh.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Just 4 weeks ago you bashed me for drafting McLaurin and Dalvin Cook.

Another cognitive error on your part.  I have never bashed anyone for drafting Dalvin Cook, and while it's true that Terry McLaurin should not have been drafted, this discussion took place more recently than you recall, and allowed that players who should not be drafted according to their ADP can still be acceptable dart throws late in larger leagues, as long as they're not used excessively--and that a few of these players who should not be drafted frequently become players who should be picked up from waivers after a week or two.

The concern with Cook is that this is Week 5, when he traditionally goes down for the season.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

How can anyone, especially an Elf, give anyone on this board advice?

I used a keyboard; I can't speak for any other elves (or humans, for that matter).

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You're a Troll. 

You're a namecaller.  😛

50 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Talking about yourself in such a tense and in initial caps is not very becoming.