Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

The optimal lineup

How many of you have hit the optimal lineup this year? I have danced around it today. I had 2 players I could have swapped out that would have accounted for 65 points. The others performed above their bench counterparts. 

It's not absolutely optimal, but this team did pretty well today...

Deshaun Watson 27.8

Devonta Freeman 16.2

Chris Carson 15.0

Mike Evans 42.8

Cooper Kupp 35.0

Julian Edelman 27.5

Austin Hooper 18.5

Harrison Butker 5.0

Patriots DST 20.0

Total:  207.8

• Like 1

If given the chance, I would have wagered 1:1 that Axe Elf would be the first to respond to this one..

Edited by TheUsualSuspect
Correction
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

If given the chance, I would have wagered 1:1 that Axe Elf would be the first to respond to this one..

The smart money is always on Axe Elf to be optimal in fantasy football.

39 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

You put enough up against the wall, I couple will stick.

I think that's the motto of people who try to create the illusion that they're almost as good as Axe Elf...  Get a lot of leagues, draft a few copies of every player, and then trot out the teams that succeed, while ignoring the majority that fail.

Axe Elf's motto is that the best investment strategy is a highly UNdiversified portfolio--when you are right (and being Axe Elf, that part isn't a problem).

So instead of drafting a few copies of a myriad of players and dominating a few leagues, Axe Elf drafts a myriad copies of a few players--and dominates across the board.

To extend your analogy, while others are throwing as many against the wall as they can to find out which ones stick, Axe Elf only throws the ones that will stick against the wall in the first place.

the optimal lineup for me would have been TY Hilton and Josh Jacobs sitting while starting Coleman and Alex Ericson. Those 2 moves would have put me at 290 points for the day.  As it is the spread between me and my opponent is bigger than what 4 teams in the league scored this week(143)

I made some blunders this weekend as well.  I had a choice between Danny Amendola and Erickson on the WW as I needed a bye week fill-in guy.  I went with the smart move and picked up Ginn instead of the two obvious choices, thinking Brees may want to show off and throw a couple deep passes.  Great decision on my end.  In the end, my opponent did start the ultimate lineup and I need the biggest game from a WR in the history of the NFL tonight to win.  Not. Going. to. happen. 

This was my line up in one money league; did pretty solid. QBs- Watson 29 points, Rodgers 30. RB- Derrick Henry 6, Tevin Coleman 39. RB/WR- David Montgomery 25. WR- DJ Moore 8, Terry McLaurin 7, DJ Chark Jr 19. WR/TE- Chris Godwin 10. TE- Irv Smith Jr 5. Flex- Curtis Samuel 8. Broncos D/ST- 9. K- Jason Myers 14

Got Lamar Jackson, QB, Kyler Murray, QB, Ezekiel Elliott, RB, DeSean Jackson, WR, Marquise Brown, WR, Jimmy Graham, TE and Matt Prater, K on the bench this week.

Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Julian Edelman, Austin Hooper and Pats defense would have been helpful, but oh well.

209 total points. Record will be 5-3 after this week, unless James Conner, RB and Preston Williams, WR put up 82 points combined.