Fireballer

49ers suspend broadcaster for comment about Lamar Jackson’s “dark skin”

On 12/7/2019 at 4:42 AM, peenie said:

You guys, it's not racist, it's not. It's an old timers insult.

When my daughter was a sophomore in high school we went Christmas shopping and she wanted to buy her best friend a gift. We were at Claire's, a jewelry store that sells inexpensive stuff mainly for teens and young women. My daughter chose earrings of a cute monkey holding a banana. I told her she could not buy them. In the middle of Claire's I'm trying to gently explain why it was inappropriate. My daughter explained that her friend's favorite animal is a monkey. Once again, I told her if her parents wanted to buy their daughter monkey earrings, good, but we are not giving her monkey earrings as a gift. My daughter couldn't understand what the issue was, she was not born in the era where blacks were compared to monkeys or even more specifically understanding the dynamics of colorism in the black community. 

Similarly, It's not wrong what he said, it's just the tail end of a time when it was offensive to call someone dark or black.

Just imagine us being in Claire's: I really don't want to go into the long story of why it is sensitive just know that you can't say a person is so dark you can't see the ball/You can't buy your friend monkey earrings. Same thing.

Big Lager will be back in time for chrimmas. He has even vowed to ignore all the ignorance that spews from that retard snitch mrs buttersworth. 

Are the last 2 posts about me?? I can't tell because the writing is so poor I don't understand...

In both cases I am responding to a post so I am not a race baiter.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Are the last 2 posts about me?? I can't tell because the writing is so poor I don't understand...

In both cases I am responding to a post so I am not a race baiter.

Not a race baiter necessarily.  Just a racist.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Strike said:

Not a race baiter necessarily.  Just a racist.

What do you mean exactly? The word racist is just thrown around these days meant to make someone jolt in fear. I don't feel white people or any other "race" are inferior to black people, I don't mind living next to white people or any other "race" group. I don't mind dating a person of another race and I don't care if anyone in my family marries a person of another race or even if they are loving and marrying the same gender. So, what in my posts makes you believe I am racist specifically?

Let me help you, I am sensitive and I call people out on this site when I feel they are being mean and if they misunderstand something. I am black so I feel I can give an opinion that is different and can shed light. That doesn't mean I'm correct, but it certainly doesn't mean I hate white people. I do not.

I'm not a racist for calling you or anyone out on their bullshit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peenie said:

What do you mean exactly? The word racist is just thrown around these days meant to make someone jolt in fear. I don't feel white people or any other "race" are inferior to black people, I don't mind living next to white people or any other "race" group. I don't mind dating a person of another race and I don't care if anyone in my family marries a person of another race or even if they are loving and marrying the same gender. So, what in my posts makes you believe I am racist specifically?

Let me help you, I am sensitive and I call people out on this site when I feel they are being mean and if they misunderstand something. I am black so I feel I can give an opinion that is different and can shed light. That doesn't mean I'm correct, but it certainly doesn't mean I hate white people. I do not.

Now, if you want me to come here and hug and kiss your butt hurt feelings because you can't be an and say whatever pops into your small heads, think again. I'm not a racist for calling you or anyone out on their bullshit.

The examples of your racism are many and well documented throughout this site.  And that's just in the threads you couldn't Peenie.  The thing about racism is, when you demonstrate it and people see it, just because you deny it doesn't make you not a racist. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

The examples of your racism are many and well documented throughout this site.  And that's just in the threads you couldn't Peenie.  The thing about racism is, when you demonstrate it and people see it, just because you deny it doesn't make you not a racist. 

Well, why don't your use this here thread to point out where I'm racist?

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Well, why don't your use this here thread to point out where I'm racist?

Because I'm not here to try to convince you that you're racist.  You don't think you are and nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Because I'm not here to try to convince you that you're racist.  You don't think you are and nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise.

Why not just admit you can't find anything to prove your theory? You just pick on me is all.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Why not just admit you can't find anything to prove your theory? You just pick on me is all.

I post frequently when you make racist posts.  I do it at the time.  I don't go looking for it weeks/months later.  I've proven you're a racist time after time.

Like what exactly do you mean? What racist ideas do I hold?

I had Lamar last year on my fantasy team and had to play him due to injuries and Cousins sucking.  I didn't think he was much of a passer. Then in the draft I saw Baltimore drafting two WR's and I was baffled. Well he looks like he can pass now. Such a big leap from last year. Baltimore knows what it's doing. 

lol