Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

This is seriously messing with my head man

Very interesting. This messes me up too.

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Very interesting. This messes me up too.

Whoa!  That was incredibly interesting.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Whoa!  That was incredibly interesting.

Really old video but here it is in practice

It makes sense to me. My thinking is all spoken words and no images and I've learned that people can visualize things whereas I cannot. If we' re supposed to see and hear things in our minds, and my mind is 'blind', maybe somebody else's is 'deaf'.

We talked about this here and mm....beer brought it up again recently. I have aphantasia which is the opposite of this, I can't see images in my head like most people can. But this is 100% how I think. I speak in my own voice in my head. The range of voices I can think in are ones that I can impersonate. Like I can think in John Wayne's voice in my head, but only in the imperfect way that I can imitate John Wayne which I recognize as a little bit off. I can't hear Mary Anne's voice from Gilligan's island at all because I am nowhere near sounding like Dawn Wells at all if I were to try to imitate her. That said, I can 'hear' Pat Benatar singing my favorite songs of her in my head, but I can't change the words or alternate her voice to other purposes.

Also, I can't mentally smell or taste or touch things either.